Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Are we too incels too risk- and pain-averse?

• Thread starter Divergent_Integral
  • Start date
Divergent_Integral

Divergent_Integral

Spastic ricecel, heightmogged by 99.74% of men
★★★★
PUAs, when dealing with the more unattractive members of their clientele, sometimes advance the "just approach 10,000 girls, bro" (JATTGB) theory, which is sort of the :redpill: version of the :bluepill: adage "you have to put yourself out there". Other than the absurdly difficult logistics involved in this theory, I've been wondering whether there's something to it. (Not saying it's correct, necessarily.)

Could it be that we incels on the whole are perhaps too risk- and pain-averse to play the "numbers game" that is modern dating? Those of us who have already taken the :blackpill: know that almost all foids are chasing after Chad, and that the avenues for circumventing this one-sided female sexual strategy (such as betabuxxing) have become increasingly hard to implement. It stands to reason, then, that in order to find the rare unicorns one has to sift through a very large number of foids. (Assuming that such unicorns do indeed exist, and that they are distributed both randomly and uniformly among the general population.

It's obvious to anyone who has experienced rejection that it is an emotionally painful experience. In fact, it activates much the same regions in the brain as those that become active upon the person experiencing physical pain. Prolonged and repeated pain sensations can cause either of two reactions: numbness, or to the contrary heightened sensitivity to the pain signal. Most incels, is my impression, tend to exhibit the latter reaction, which may lead to more or less pronounced withdrawal from social situations involving foids.

Should we perhaps focus on ways to ensure that the pain signal of rejection induces numbness instead of heightened sensitivity? I realize this may very well be to a large extent a matter of neuro-chemical machinery hardwired into the individual. But to the extent that it isn't (and I don't know how large that extent is, unfortunately), it may be an area of research well worth pursuing, for at least some of us. Anything that enables us to play an extremely prolonged and extended version of the numbers game of dating without too much emotional discomfort is, in my view, a potential boon to us incels.

Last edited:
Cowardice, narcissism and emotional fragility are the hallmarks of the average incel.
Though in fairness, it's hard to be brave and resilient when all your social interactions tend to end in failure and humiliation. As for narcissism, I think it's a defense mechanism rather than a character fault.

Cowardice, narcissism and emotional fragility are the hallmarks of the average incel.
Though in fairness, it's hard to be brave and resilient when all your social interactions tend to end in failure and humiliation. As for narcissism, I think it's a defense mechanism rather than a character fault.
Is narcissism even a negative? I believe narcissistic behavior actually breeds success and popularity, at least more than the opposite does.

That's a very interesting take on narcissism.

Stopped approaching and Dating Apps, but my greed doesn’t stop.

Be a narcissist or a doormat; your choice. Thats the way it is, sadly.

In the context of the typical incel life, those are just bad-sounding words that could be substituted by good-sounding ones. Circumspection, self-love and sensitivity.

If you're the ugliest guy in class and everyone is bullying you, trying to act tough can make it end up even much worse for you.

In the context of the typical incel life, those are just bad-sounding words that could be substituted by good-sounding ones. Circumspection, self-love and sensitivity.

If you're the ugliest guy in class and everyone is bullying you, trying to act tough can make it end up even much worse for you.
Based

Very based.

oh, okay Dr. Freud. disagree with a normie and wait o'clock to mark 5 seconds to be received with emotional tantrums. try to touch slightly heavy leaning topics and wait for your life to be demoralized. yeah, tell me more about emotional fragility, cowardice and narcissism.

Last edited:
I'm narcissist because I feel so much resentment as a subhuman compared to a healthy, successful and good-looking people that it results in
extreme pretension and egotism.

Also, caution is not necessarily a cowardice. If you're physically weak you're not going to approach a woman who is surrounded by strong muscular aggressively looking guys because it can have lethal consequences for you. It's just a common sense.

Last edited: