Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are people so focused on Columbine and 911 because the setting is so well described. Were 90s better

TiredofTalking

TiredofTalking

Major
★★
News organizations give so much detail and photos it’s hard not to read about shit like that.
It also gives people nostalgia(for event if they are assholes :feelsEhh: ) or the time before that and if it was better.
I personally wish I could have gone to school and drank bit of beer and maybe showed up late without having to be at certain periods for campus safety. Or maybe cuss people out without getting a suspension.
Motherfuckers got away with more shit. When I was in school in later 2000s and tens, they would give you in school suspension for anything.

Things do seem to be getting way stricter now yeah. It's concerning. It's happening everywhere though in these Western societies not just in schools IMO.

Columbine I was too young to remember. 9/11 I remember watching it through the windows of a TV shop. Repeated many times across the screens! I didn't understand how major it was though really.

I also went on holiday in 2002 and the security at the airport was loopy. I did catch a flight at least once before 9/11 but I wish so much that I could remember what the security was like then.

Things do seem to be getting way stricter now yeah. It's concerning. It's happening everywhere though in these Western societies not just in schools IMO.

Columbine I was too young to remember. 9/11 I remember watching it through the windows of a TV shop. Repeated many times across the screens! I didn't understand how major it was though really.

I also went on holiday in 2002 and the security at the airport was loopy. I did catch a flight at least once before 9/11 but I wish so much that I could remember what the security was like then.
Yea with the real id nowadays it’s like everything you do in under surveillance. But I thought my state was bad. in Arkansas for the solar eclipse and the roads were like some communist shit. A speed camera in every goddamn mile line. Cameras on every intersection. Get a hotel have to give your id(don’t know if that was in place back then too.

I believe the term about the school policy’s enforcement is zero tolerance policies.

Last edited:
Yea with the real id nowadays it’s like everything you do in under surveillance. But I thought my state was bad. in Arkansas for the solar eclipse and the roads were like some communist shit. A speed camera in every goddamn mile line. Cameras on every intersection. Get a hotel have to give your id(don’t know if that was in place back then too.

Yeah there are more cameras everywhere and more need for ID. And more facial recognition. To some degree it's just technology progressing, but that doesn't explain the ID fixation.

I believe the term about the school policy’s enforcement is zero tolerance policies.

Oh hm. I thought tolerance was a good thing, lol