Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are modern Simpsons the worst "adult" cartoon ever?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Classic Simpsons episodes were fine but after season 12 which still has some good episodes (but most are trash) the quality of the show plummeted and I don't even watch modern episodes because if episodes from early 2010s were cancer, I can't imagine how bad will the current ones be kek. Hate how they changed the personalities of all the characters to make them dumber and the new animation which looks very robotic and artificial, I dunno why but Family Guy or American Dad look good with digital animation, but the Simpsons doesn't and hand drawn was much better. The Simpsons tried to become a more toned down version of Family Guy and I think that's why it failed. It tried becoming edgy and offensive but not too much so the show is still for the whole family, but couldn't do it well.

The Simpsons jumped the shark after season 8/9

I've seen multiple videos on YT about the decline of Simpsons and yes, most people say it started around season 10-12.
I've never been a huge fan though, it's always been a little bit soft and often boring for me.

Haven't watched in over 10 years.

The Simpsons started being shit at season 21 for me, but the show overall it's still better than these boring edgy shows like Family Guy or American Dad

Yes it’s awful now

I pretty much stopped watching cartoons with the rare exception of South Park every now and again. But I agree about the Simpsons. I remember hearing only Simpsons seasons 2-9 are worth watching. Family Guy is pretty gay and American Dad is Family Guy's little brother. All of the other newer cartoons (Bob's Burgers for example) are equally trash imo. There is also some new cartoon on Fox about house pets that looks gay. Just not worth it.

I haven't watched simp-sons in decades since they relied on leftist politics and pointless cameos to carry their show. Fuck Matt Groening.

I only watch [Adult Swim] shows.

Last edited:
don't go throwing curses at me, the power of christ compells you :worryfeels:
los jabalies caian de los barrancos cuando eran dirigidos por los indios para que la caida los matara :feelsdevil:

Tres tristes tigres, tragaban trigo en un trigal, en tres tristes trastos, tragaban trigo tres tristes tigres.
Passaporto? La migra!

There is no need for a series to be any longer than 10 seasons. With over 200 episodes you can just rewatch them. For example I have watched all Two and a half men episodes in recent years but I can still rewatch them because I forget what happened in them after a while.

I remember when the simpsons had Bart as the main character and a few years later they changed him to Homer. Today I don't even know what they're about because it's been more than a decade since I've seen them. Unlike the first seasons with classic episodes, nowadays if you miss an episode you miss absolutely nothing. According to a survey the last acceptable episode of the simpsons was in April 2001, that is, even before the attack on the twin towers. they should finish it at once.

I remember when the simpsons had Bart as the main character and a few years later they changed him to Homer. Today I don't even know what they're about because it's been more than a decade since I've seen them. Unlike the first seasons with classic episodes, nowadays if you miss an episode you miss absolutely nothing. According to a survey the last acceptable episode of the simpsons was in April 2001, that is, even before the attack on the twin towers. they should finish it at once.
Modern Simpsons episodes in a nutshell:
-Homer being retarded for no reason
-Lisa doing some SJW activism
-Bart getting a girlfriend, a job or sheit like that
-Marge being a filler character that contributes nothing to the plot
-Occasionally the other Springfield residents are also protagonists but their personality has become very exaggerated
-Celebrity cameo that becomes a main part of the episode

Family Guy or American Dad look good with digital animation, but the Simpsons doesn't
The Simpsons tried to become a more toned down version of Family Guy and I think that's why it failed
Family Guy is what failed, cope if you don't recognize FG as the ultimate cancer when they tried to pass it off as good writing to just play the Billy Bush interview of Trump while showing an unmoving picture of a bus. Boycotted that fake-edgy garbage.

Simpsons got edgier sure but it didn't pretend to be edgier than it actually was.

FG was basically just a snooty cowardly attempt to mix Simpsons and South Park and it only succeeded with ignorant kids like me when we were in middle school and thinking we were the bee's knees for discovering atheism

The Simpsons started being shit at season 21 for me, but the show overall it's still better than these boring edgy shows like Family Guy or American Dad
Peter griffin cels unite
Family Guy is what failed, cope if you don't recognize FG as the ultimate cancer when they tried to pass it off as good writing to just play the Billy Bush interview of Trump while showing an unmoving picture of a bus. Boycotted that fake-edgy garbage.

Simpsons got edgier sure but it didn't pretend to be edgier than it actually was.

FG was basically just a snooty cowardly attempt to mix Simpsons and South Park and it only succeeded with ignorant kids like me when we were in middle school and thinking we were the bee's knees for discovering atheism
Over if you aren't homerchad or Randy Marsh Chad over for peter and Stan cels

American Dad is the best US animated comedy I think. R&M is also pretty good despite all the memes

Never a big fan of it

I genuinely think they need to pull the damn plug on that 35 year old show already. The Simpsons really started to become stale after like, 2012. Same type of humor, same punchlines, same everything. Not to mention, after some time, they made the show pander more towards like celebrity cameos and such rather than on humor.

Dance

Simpsons was always kinda shit tbh

I've generally liked it but I don't like them making Lisa into a coalburner in this latest ep
OrionHughes