Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are any of you interested in computer programming?

Fazz35

Fazz35

Greycel
Are any of you interested in computer programming? Sometimes I think about it and if I had had the right IQ I would have found a comfortable well-paid remote job and I would have gone abroad to do geomaxing with a beautiful Latin woman and instead I stay in this shitty country in Europe where even the worst ugly have high demands

I think it’s a solid path for an incel tbh. If you can get into it and learn it if course

If high IQ, yes.
If no, don't.

Yep but too low IQ due to autism

Yes, I always liked it and it's now my main job. But not sure whether it's a good idea to start newly, AI will reduce demand for software engineers, especially programmers who just translate from specification to code, quite a bit in the next decades, I assume.

EDIT: I think care jobs and construction jobs should be the safest for now, but probably not for that long.

Last edited:
yes but the field is abstract like most its boring af no meaning at all

Programming is too difficult to me. I simply don't understand it at all, I'm not intelligent enough to program.

Yeah it's kinda fun but mostly just interesting. But I'm demotivated to keeping it routine as it won't change my inceldom and I can't pass an interview. I think it's something I can do while unemployed

Hell yeah I just began a course a month ago focusing on Java, C#, Python & the 2 main cloud computing platforms Azure & AWS

Yes I'm a programmer. It's a good job because you can go on discord/online all day

Interested in a job that will be taken by AI?

No thanks

No thanks
No matter how much computer, this does not mean that engineers will disappear.

There are few jobs which won't be taken by AI. Yes, in the current years the focus is on purely knowledge fields, but AI-powered robotics will come in probably a decade and eliminate a lot of jobs requiring dexterity as well. I'm actually not sure there is a single field which will be spared. I also wonder whether deep learning could even close the gaps in full self driving.

I guess software engineers will survive, but do more requirements engineering. Currently I spend about 5-10 hours a week requirements engineering, so I guess 10% of the demand for software engineers will definitely remain. As their work will become cheaper as they are more productive, I guess in total the demand for software engineers will be reduced to 20% (I think the same applies for artists btw., but they have the additional problem that they aren't sought after currently, so will be hit harder).

I expect more construction workers to survive and their job will likely become considerably easier as most of the hard work will be done by robots and people just have to make sure nothing egregious goes wrong and are there for liability.

No, it's boring and it will be taken over by AI every minute now