Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone on this forum that plays boomer shooters?

iRespectWoman

iRespectWoman

bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks
★★★
Old FPS games like Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, Blood, Shadow Warrior, Unreal Gold, Half-Life, System Shock 2 etc.

I unfortunately can not afford a gaming rig to play newer games that require a huge setup, so I've been going to these to piss around with the modding community since middle school. Have had tons of fun with the critically acclaimed ones from others.

I've played System Shock 2

i like that doom mod with the guy's house

played quake 2 and 3 like 21 years ago srs

oh and blood is excellent

Great game, except for the shitty ending, where you have to traverse through The Many.
I'm excited for the remake. I played the OG Doom when id ported it into one of those flash game sites way back in the day

There is no such thing as a boomer shooter

Doom 2, Quake, Half life. All classics that I play regularly as well as the new boomer shooters that new blood puts out.

Old FPS games like Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, Blood, Shadow Warrior, Unreal Gold, Half-Life, System Shock 2 etc.

I unfortunately can not afford a gaming rig to play newer games that require a huge setup, so I've been going to these to piss around with the modding community since middle school. Have had tons of fun with the critically acclaimed ones from others.
Cod Black ops 2010

Yes pretty much played all of those

Beat up Doom not that long time ago, i should probably go back and beat Quake 1 and 2 fully since i have new enhanced editions. System Shock 2 creep me out so i can't play it for long I enjoyed Deus Ex 1 way more and beat it and it become one of my fav games of all time. Dusk is probably my favorite boomer shooter on the market. Prodeus was fun but nowhere near as fun as Dusk , Hrot is meh, Turbooverkill went too much with aimbotting enemies than can murder you instantly with no way to react and it's way too fast paced for how claustrophobic maps are built.

Last edited:
i should probably go back and beat Quake 1 and 2 fully since i have new enhanced editions.
Do it. The games support native Keyboard and Mouse as alt controllers on console, and the devs did a bang up job at remastering them.

Dusk is probably my favorite boomer shooter on the market. Prodeus was fun but nowhere near as fun as Dusk , Hrot is meh, Turbooverkill went too much with aimbotting enemies than can murder you instantly with no way to react and it's way too fast paced for how claustrophobic maps are built.
I've beat Dusk and enjoyed it. Haven't played the others you named. Wish Dusk had more DLC/mod content.

Valve also re-released Half-Life for free for only a couple days, but the new engine breaks damn near every community made mod ever made for it.

Trust me new games are not that great i have bought used gpu which can still run them and they almost all suck:
*Installed RDR2 played for 15min and gave up
*Installed Star Ocean 6 beat it and it was just 7/10
*Installed WD Legion and uninstalled it after driving around town and doing few missions after 2h (optimization was also shit)
*Installed FC6 and uninstalled after 2h
*Installed Elden Ring and stopped playing after 10h it's inferior to any of the previous Dark Souls games
*Dead Island 2 it's the same game as the previous but with prettier graphics and stuttering every time you trigger elemental effect JFL
*Fate Remnant besides hot and cute foids and amazing ost you won't find much to do in this game
*Lego 2k Drive it's a shittier Forza Horizon with miniscule world and extremely greedy monetization that hides all good cars behind paywall or grind.
*Final Fantasy Strangers of Paradise it's pretty fun i need to finish it, however your companion ai is just dreadful as always with those japanese games they can't code for shit.
*Bannerlord your companion ai is too good so you will barely have any fun since everything dies so quick. Unless you nerf your army with some higher difficulty levels but it will make game not fun with spongy enemies in later mid to late game.
*RE4Remake i had a lot of fun but it's still inferior to the original, they wokefied Ada so screw their dlc i skipped all her dialogue her VA completely miss the mark her voice is so insufferable
Won Rogue trader in a giveaway (thanks you russian keyshop) so i may give it a shot but i'm worried if it's going to be shit or not probably shit
Playing Palworld atm and after about 15h i'm starting to feel tired of the gameplay loop where game forces you to grind longer and longer just to not get one shotted by higher lvl fakemons.
I haven't bothered with woke dogshit moviegames like Alan Woke since it's obvious it will be trash made for vaxxxed zombies. PS last of us 1 is also trash. You have amazing animations but that's it i don't give a single fuck about those characters or the world (he should fuck at least that virus immune cunny)

Last edited:
Does left for dead 1&2 count

Valve also re-released Half-Life for free for only a couple days, but the new engine breaks damn near every community made mod ever made for it.
I have already beat Black Mesa so don't really have reason to go back to the OG. Well i do since i haven't beat the expansions yet.

Trust me new games are not that great i have bought used gpu which can still run them and they almost all suck:
I was thinking of buying the first Turok. Is it worth it?

I have already beat Black Mesa so don't really have reason to go back to the OG. Well i do since i haven't beat the expansions yet.
The expansions are great. Much better than Quake.

I play random doom wads, good stuff

i am also making doom maps

I play random doom wads, good stuff
Gzdoom 0tuNo5mae2

I havent really gone that deep into boomer games but i do play a lot of games that people would consider old like stuff from the 2000's. Sometimes those old games are interesting and have a lot going for them like half life 2 or the first dishonored.

Idk why, but I was very underwhelmed with it when I had finished the campaign.
Its not that good for sure but i enjoy the gameplay and just like how quirky the game is. Plus i have a lot of fun spawning npc's via console command and leading my squad

megawads too i liked scythe 2 and plutonia
Scythe 2 is great, until you get to Map 25. Then it becomes a slaughterwad shitshow. With those marines and arifats that can fuck your shit up in seconds.

Scythe 2 is great, until you get to Map 25. Then it becomes a slaughterwad shitshow. With those marines and arifats that can fuck your shit up in seconds.
yeah marines are fun but the afrits are just unnecessarily there for another new type of enemy. I liked the ending tho one of the best doom 2 endings doom 2 should be.

That one is a classic. Much better than TNT, but inferior to Doom 64.

One of the most influential 90s FPS, as it inspired the slaughterwads, like Hell Revealed.

Half life was the first pc fps game I played (I probably dabbled in cs before it) and it was fucking good

I wanted to get into cs again but looked at cs 2 and cs go and neither of them had the silly gun game servers I used to like playing around in

Wonder if those servers are still active on source

RE4Remake i had a lot of fun but it's still inferior to the original, they wokefied Ada so screw their dlc i skipped all her dialogue her VA completely miss the mark her voice is so insufferable
Truuuuuue. I skipped the dlc for the same reason.
Installed RDR2 played for 15min and gave up
Untruuuuue. It's one of the greatest games, despite foids and normgroids liking it.
Installed Elden Ring and stopped playing after 10h it's inferior to any of the previous Dark Souls games
Previous souls games are unplayable after elden ring jfl.
Final Fantasy Strangers of Paradise it's pretty fun i need to finish it, however your companion ai is just dreadful as always with those japanese games they can't code for shit.
Idk about that title but I had a lot of fun playing ff7 remake, it's unfortunate that the sequel (rebirth) will be ps5 exclusive for a while before coming to pc, it's not like people will spoil a 3 decades old story anyway.

Idk much about the rest of the titles you mentionned I don't give much attention to western games tbh

Half life was the first pc fps game I played (I probably dabbled in cs before it) and it was fucking good
It's one of those games, along with the DLC, that you have to play before you die.

Its not that good for sure but i enjoy the gameplay and just like how quirky the game is.
The shooting feels off with every weapon you aquire, with the exception of the gravity gun. In fact, the shooting kind of sucks.

It also has this tendency to repeatedly lock you in an area and swarm you with the same combine soldiers over and over again. And it becomes so boring. It doesn't feel like the successor at all when it does that. That was my biggest problem with the game.

The part of Episode 1, where you have to fight your way through the facility, was pretty awesome though. Definitely the highlight.

Cod Black ops 2010
Call of Duty is the Worst FPS series of all time. So many shitty norms in the gaming industry that have been adapted from Gayarch's gaymes. The same can be said for Battlefield.
oh and blood is excellent
Speaking of Build engine Games, Powerslave Exhumed allegedly supports Keyboard and Mouse as optional controllers for their console ports.
RE4Remake i had a lot of fun but it's still inferior to the original
NBS I was thinking of installing the ROM on my jailbroken wii, but I hate horrror games.

I was thinking of buying the first Turok. Is it worth it?
I love Turok 1 and 2. The violence in 2 is so satisfying. I still have a t-shirt that I got with the game.
S l1600

I love Turok 1 and 2. The violence in 2 is so satisfying. I still have a t-shirt that I got with the game.
View attachment 1052878
Would you happen to know if they support native keyboard and mouse as optional controllers for the console ports? If so, I'm buying them.

Would you happen to know if they support native keyboard and mouse as optional controllers for the console ports? If so, I'm buying them.
I have no idea. The only ports I've played are on PC.

I have no idea. The only ports I've played are on PC.
Damn. I have my switch as a substitute to save memory on my laptop, since Quake 1 and 2 both support the option to use a keyboard and mouse as controllers.

NBS I was thinking of installing the ROM on my jailbroken wii, but I hate horrror games.
It's not that scary it only has a slight horror feel thanks to the locations and music but when you start blasting and kicking zombies all around the room you stop feeling that's a horror but a comedy (cutscenes are also hilarious at times). Only two or three monsters were scary in entire game - Regenerator
(mogs me) and Iron Maiden
(also mogs me)

Yes, HL, HL2, Doom, Quake 3 Arena. I played System Shock 2 a few times, but that was ages ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back