Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone of you here play (or played) Magic, Yugioh, Pokemon or other card games?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Honestly when I was a kid I could never get into them but I liked collecting Yugioh cards and looking at the art, but never learned how to play seriously. I was never interested in Magic (not very popular in Spain and it's more for teens) and Pokemon cards were so expensive compared to other collectables (Dragon Ball or football cards for example) so my parents didn't buy me those.

Anyone of you played them seriously like going to tournaments and sheit? Or just being good at them? Is it still an incel hobby or has it become normiefied too? For Pokemon cards I can expect that but I still associate Magic or Yugioh with nerd truecels.

I've done a couple of Magic drafts with friends. I ain't nowhere near competitively good, however.

No bc these were some normie stuff.

I always refused to do it bc I didn't want to follow the masses. :feelsUgh:

i always played yugioh cards and i had a big collection of them.

i used to buy them for a low price and i almost got most of the monsters cards that ever exsisted. but i stopped later and i just kept the collection for nostalgia

Honestly when I was a kid I could never get into them but I liked collecting Yugioh cards and looking at the art, but never learned how to play seriously. I was never interested in Magic (not very popular in Spain and it's more for teens) and Pokemon cards were so expensive compared to other collectables (Dragon Ball or football cards for example) so my parents didn't buy me those.

Anyone of you played them seriously like going to tournaments and sheit? Or just being good at them? Is it still an incel hobby or has it become normiefied too? For Pokemon cards I can expect that but I still associate Magic or Yugioh with nerd truecels.
I am a magic player and collector. We have a lot of old players 40+ in our community. I think the average age is 25. Pokemo and Yugi are playing only the kids here.

I used to play Yugioh as a kid with my friends, we didn't fully follow the rules, I mostly just enjoyed collecting the cards and building decks.

I played the Pokemon Trading Card Game along with the actual video games back when I was younger. I still have most of my card decks and card binders too, but I don't remember all the rules for playing.

I played the pokemon TCG when I was younger, never participated in the competitive scene though. However, I did partake in competitive pokemon within the actual games under both smogon and VGC rules.

I still play Yugioh online. Too autistic and ugly to play irl.

Yugioh and Poekmon were fun to play it takes me back to a time where things were better

When I was a little boy everybody was crazy about pokemon. Of course. This was nineteen ninety eight and if you weren't into pokemon you are not going to be fitting in. I'm glad I hit puberty early two thousands. Heavy metal and jacking off was a good replacement for that anime bullshit.