Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

anyone into reading books ?

M

middleEast

Recruit
★★★
coping by reading , it's a great activity , going to the gym is second , reading is somehow like thinking , it's thinking in others thoughts , as some writers described it .
i love russian novels like by Solzhenitsyn , i once spend 3 days straight reading the novel , One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich .

Yeah I read what I want

Nothing wrong with that but from my pov if yore not looksmaxing you're wasting time

I read psychology books :feelscomfy:

With regard to Russian lit I once enjoyed Crime and Punishment but I'm mostly too fucked up to read these days.

Wrt Russian lit I once enjoyed Crime and Punishment but I'm mostly too fucked up to read these days.
crime and punishment is a work of art , if a person is reading that , nothing missing in life it's living , try to read "the borthers karamazov" by the same author

ive been reading guenon

crime and punishment is a work of art , if a person is reading that , nothing missing in life it's living , try to read "the borthers karamazov" by the same author
Raskolnikov was based. Yeah I always heard good things about that one too. They are some epic (long ass) books though: when you've got an anxiety disorder it's not so straightforward.

Raskolnikov was based. Yeah I always heard good things about that one too. They are some epic (long ass) books though: when you've got an anxiety disorder it's not so straightforward.
he was lonely wolf Vs the world :feelzez: , lots of life suffering in that based script .

i do it with "GAD" so it's hard to read when i cannot be in the mood , especially having zero support , yet i try and try because it's doing me good.

Mostly only read technical math and computer science books. Other than that I guess I also read manga and visual novels. I find regular novels to be quite boring tbh.

i do it with "GAD" so it's hard to read when i cannot be in the mood , especially having zero support , yet i try and try because it's doing me good.
Okay brocel, you have suitably motivated me. I need to read another epic. For reals.

so is dosto
i really don't feel that reading desto , i find knowing that others also have it bad and yet they keep going , is a type of existential motivation .
it's optimistic somehow

You ever read American stuff? Infinite Jest was the last serious novel I read.

You ever read American stuff? Infinite Jest was the last serious novel I read.
No , i mostly read russian lit , and i did read few Latin novels for garcia márquez

No , i mostly read russian lit , and i did read few Latin novels for garcia márquez
Ah yeah I always meant to read 100 Years of Solitude, which sounds fitting for an incel.

Ah yeah I always meant to read 100 Years of Solitude, which sounds fitting for an incel.
that novel won him the nobel prize in lit , it's his finest work and i really enjoyed it

h3s0u28a1r5j24qb.jpg

I read ProgressiveFantasy novels, think about DBZ but with chinese mythology in it.

I read psychology books :feelscomfy:
I like to read raw info in psychology, studies, statistics but then many modern psychologists give advice, they sound too soy.

I only read pony transformation fanfics

coping by reading , it's a great activity , going to the gym is second , reading is somehow like thinking , it's thinking in others thoughts , as some writers described it .
i love russian novels like by Solzhenitsyn , i once spend 3 days straight reading the novel , One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich .
Read Dostoyevsky (The Demons is the best), Marcel Proust (In search of lost time) and this.

Demons is better.

I like to read raw info in psychology, studies, statistics but then many modern psychologists give advice, they sound too soy.
Modern psychology is quackery. They don't understand shit to the human mind

There's just more interesting things to do when you have a computer so I rarely get around to it. Also I often only get halfway through a book.

Was,not anymore,got 0 attention span and don't care about anything so why the fuck would i care about books.