Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone here watched or read Detective Conan anime/manga?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
MV5BMzA1MmI0OGItODU3NS00ZTA0LWI2OTMtYjMyZDVmNjI2YzdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_.jpg

I liked it when I was a kid, even if the show was very formulaic (someone dies, Conan investigates, he pretends his adoptive father solved the mystery so no one suspects and the criminal goes to jail) and the story was always the same except in the specials I thought it was cool. For being a kid's show it could get pretty gruesome as deaths didn't happen off camera and usually involved mutilation, stabbings, etc. The Spanish dub was heavily censored but the Catalan wasn't so I liked that one better, however the manga had even less censorship so I prefered reading the manga (they had tons of volumes in my local library). The series is still on-going and I don't know how the author (and his editors) keeps coming with new mysteries, he must be the most creative guy in the world.

Did this show ever air in the US? Considering how 4kids censored anime in the early 2000s (see their Naruto or One Piece versions, they're garbage) I doubt they would release a show whose premise is solving murders. I kinda had a crush on Ran Mouri, not as much as other anime characters but I still thought she was pretty even if that haircut is weird and looks like a horn. @Sheogorath thoughts?

I used to watch a lot of it but I think I stalled somewhere around episode 100, should probably pick it up again, I remember there was a great fansubbing project who had their own IRC channel and everything.

Ran is great and I also like the younger girls too.

I used to watch a lot of it but I think I stalled somewhere around episode 100, should probably pick it up again, I remember there was a great fansubbing project who had their own IRC channel and everything.

Ran is great and I also like the younger girls too.
I think you should watch only the specials (some are long like movies) and episodes where the plot progresses, or you'll get overwhelmed by the hundreds of filler episodes. Or maybe watch some of the fillers that are good but focus more on the "real" episodes. I don't remember much about the other characters except Ai who also was an adult before but they turned her into a child just like it happened to Conan.

I like Ai from what I've heard of her but I don't think I got far enough into the anime where she'd been introduced yet.

I only remember Ayumi who was cute. Good wife material I'd engage her today and wait a decade to consummate if need be.

I prefer Conan as a barbarian tbh