Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion anyone here box?

W

wei#3959

Banned
-
am thinking of taking up boxing for fun + to leanmaxx here. my violence levels are pretty mild though, but i do think punching is enjoyable for me.

@Saint Cho

you box at an amateur level right? how enjoyable is it for you?

Last edited:
@gymletethnicel

maybe this thread is done to death, but am thinking of taking up boxing for fun + to leanmaxx. my violence levels are pretty mild though, but i do think punching is enjoyable for me.

@Saint Cho

It's super fun but you have to be prepared to put in the work. The worst part for me was the cardio, but it's very rewarding to see months of effort pay off in a proper fight.

My advice would be to start running before you pay for a boxing gym membership & see whether you actually have the willingness to endure the pain of regular training. I run a 5k daily every morning in about 20 minutes.

maybe this thread is done to death, but am thinking of taking up boxing for fun + to leanmaxx. my violence levels are pretty mild though, but i do think punching is enjoyable for me.

@Saint Cho

Wouldn’t you risk brain damage? That’s why I will never get into it tbh

It's super fun but you have to be prepared to put in the work. The worst part for me was the cardio, but it's very rewarding to see months of effort pay off in a proper fight.

My advice would be to start running before you pay for a boxing gym membership & see whether you actually have the willingness to endure the pain of regular training. I run a 5k daily every morning in about 20 minutes.
:chad:

Wouldn’t you risk brain damage? That’s why I will never get into it tbh
True, every single punch to the head will lead to cumulative brain damage. That's why I only compete 3 times a year or once every 4 months. I plan on quitting the moment I feel my cognitive functions decreasing, but I doubt it'll happen.

The most important thing for minimizing risk is training safely. In my opinon, the #1 source of brain damage in boxing isn't actually during competitions but sparring in the gym. I see retards at my gym destroying each other every day in the ring & I can see the braincells leaving their bodies with every hit.

compete 3 times a year = probably be fine

brutalize yourself with full-force sparring on a daily basis = CTE

My favorite sport is LDARing to death

Only tallfags do boxing.

thanks.

oh yea geez, not even thinking about getting started on doing an actual fight yet.

Looked into it but lessons seem rather expensive.

occasionally I hit the bag yes, I like martial arts like muay thai but never been into them actively.