Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone else try wide drop sets? (Gymcels gthih)

KingOfRome

KingOfRome

Buff Auschwitz Escapee
-
I know lifters in the incel community tend to put heavy weights on a pedestal, but hear me out.

Very recently, I've been adding drop sets where I drop the working weight by 20 pounds (ca. 9 kg) (10 pounds (4.54 kg) per side with dumbbells) and increase the reps by 6. Since I work in rep ranges of 5-8 and 5-12 depending on the specific lift, the tail end of an exercise can have upwards of 20 consecutive reps, which is excruciating to not just my muscles, but also my ego as I strain and quiver under extremely light weight. Last month, I added these wide drop sets to my main leg lift, and although it was brutal, the hypertrophic effects were so good that I decided to add them to most of my other lifts and embrace the pain. I also noticed that my legs tended to be far less sore during a running session.

If you've never tried them before and you're a non-novice gymcel, I'd say they're worth a shot.

I know lifters in the incel community tend to put heavy weights on a pedestal, but hear me out.

Very recently, I've been adding drop sets where I drop the working weight by 20 pounds (ca. 9 kg) (10 pounds (4.54 kg) per side with dumbbells) and increase the reps by 6. Since I work in rep ranges of 5-8 and 5-12 depending on the specific lift, the tail end of an exercise can have upwards of 20 consecutive reps, which is excruciating to not just my muscles, but also my ego as I strain and quiver under extremely light weight. Last month, I added these wide drop sets to my main leg lift, and although it was brutal, the hypertrophic effects were so good that I decided to add them to most of my other lifts and embrace the pain. I also noticed that my legs tended to be far less sore during a running session.

If you've never tried them before and you're a non-novice gymcel, I'd say they're worth a shot.
Might be worth trying. I will try it in 3 months.

Your posts are always high IQ -- will try

Might be worth trying. I will try it in 3 months.
Even just going by the numbers, it's a very sound strategy for increasing overall volume.

Let's say you curl 40 lb dumbbells for 3x8. 3 x 8 x 40 = 960 lbs.

Now add 2 wide drop sets. 960 + (14 x 30) + (20 x 20) = 1780 lbs. That's just 140 short of double the tonnage done with the 3 straight sets alone.

But you drop them after you lifted heavy?

But you drop them after you lifted heavy?
Exactly. You exhaust your fast-twitch muscle fibers by lifting heavy, then lift less weight for more reps to hit the slow-twitch fibers that are more suited to it.

Dropsets for arms only crew.

I miss gymceling, I should go back soon but im too lazy

Thank you for the advice. I will now lift light weight with legs and do more reps.

movimentazione-manuale-dei-carichi.png

this is all I need to know about lifting weights

This sounds legit brother, I haven't done drop sets despite reading about them, but will try now on my next cycle

This is how i normally train. Reverse pyramid allows me to hit all rep ranges in one gym session ( 6- 8, 10-12, 12-15). I noticed decent gains once i started training this way. However, i dont do drop sets. Exhausting the muscle by not taking any breaks between sets wasnt good for me. I always take enough time off so that i can cause max hypertrophy.

im gonna start gymcelling again soon