Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone else remembers the movie 2012?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I remember when I was a kid I was an idiot and believed that the world would really end in 2012 (Mayan calendar and sheit) so this movie was so scary for me, just looking at the trailer or the poster and imagining myself and my family in that situation gave me nightmares. So I never watched the movie but my fear was still there. Then the dreaded 21st December 2012 came, nothing happened and life kept going as usual and I was very relieved. My personal revenge was watching the 2012 movie with my cousin on New Year's Eve after 12AM, when we were already in 2013 :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek: Even if the movie was clichéed I remember I really enjoyed it, amazing special effects with cool destruction scenes with the forces of nature going ER on Earth. I remember it got very bad reviews for being excessively long (Like 2 hours and 40 minutes) and for the clichées I mentioned before, but film critics are pretentious arrogant pricks so I don't care about their opinions. If you want to watch something fun that doesn't require much thinking watch it.

I remember watching in theaters with my elementary school friends when it came out in 2009. That was right before I moved and was superated from the friends i had and had to spend most of my youth alone after tgat

I wish the Mayas were right tbh

I wish the Mayas were right tbh
Fuck, we wouldn't be here rotting and being sad, bitter loners hoping for something bad happen to our wrongdoers(society)

Fuck, we wouldn't be here rotting and being sad, bitter loners hoping for something bad happen to our wrongdoers(society)
Exactly, just a big meteorite and boom, fuck humanity

I remember when I was a kid I was an idiot and believed that the world would really end in 2012 (Mayan calendar and sheit) so this movie was so scary for me, just looking at the trailer or the poster and imagining myself and my family in that situation gave me nightmares. So I never watched the movie but my fear was still there. Then the dreaded 21st December 2012 came, nothing happened and life kept going as usual and I was very relieved. My personal revenge was watching the 2012 movie with my cousin on New Year's Eve after 12AM, when we were already in 2013 :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek: Even if the movie was clichéed I remember I really enjoyed it, amazing special effects with cool destruction scenes with the forces of nature going ER on Earth. I remember it got very bad reviews for being excessively long (Like 2 hours and 40 minutes) and for the clichées I mentioned before, but film critics are pretentious arrogant pricks so I don't care about their opinions. If you want to watch something fun that doesn't require much thinking watch it.
It’s a fun popcorn movie, by all accounts. Although all of these action doomsday movies should be required to cut out any and all “little kid” plot points

Exactly, just a big meteorite and boom, fuck humanity
If it was like the film it wouldn't have been a meteorite but many big natural disasters happening at once. If you were lucky you would die instantly crushed by some collapsing building or carbonized by a volcanic explosion. If not you would have a painful death like those who died in Pompeii during the volcano (they didn't die instantly, they were inhaling volcanic ash and burning for like 15 minutes), drowning after a tsunami or if you survived long enough you would be wounded and fighting for resources with other unfortunate survivors.

Yeah,i was in high school back then