Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Anyone else not love their parents?

superighteous

superighteous

Certified Retard
★★★★★
I love my mom, but it’s my dad who I don’t love. He was never around in my early childhood, I saw him max 3-4 times a year and would only be home for maybe a week. Over the years I grew cold towards him because we never developed a connection. He’s just a stranger to me, I know nothing about him. It’s even worse considering I’m all he has, his entire family is dead and him and my mom aren’t so fond of each other. For this I feel guilty. I’m not the only one who feels this way, right? It feels like ashes in my mouth on the rare occasion I have to tell him I love him.

No man. I love my parents.

They can frustrate me at times but I still love them. My dad raised me well and taught me a lot of stuff. It’s a shame I couldn’t be the son he wanted but that’s what my brother is for...lol.

Yes bro. I dislike my mom for being dumb and getting me misdiagnosed when I never needed therapy to begin with.

I love my parents but my father has some anger problems so i dont want to see him.

My parent compensated for the divorce, as well as for the lack of time we could be together, by buying endless video games.
Now I’m older and these video games ruined me.

I wish my parents were there more often. But as I said in an earlier post, when you’re the ping pong ball in the divorce, there is no stability to improve, no time for connections, few opportunities to enter a club, or any activity in fact.

Add the fact that I had mediocre social skills and barely anyone throughout high school, and you end up with a frustrated individual who just asked for one meaningful connection with at least one person.
I’m lucky to have both my parents alive, but i wish they could have helped me mature, helped push me to... I don’t know. Succeed in life ? Be more outgoing ? Have a meaningful hobby that I could later rely on ?

No, my parents simply had childrens and fed them food. Then they go back to work.
Fuck that shit. I feel like a mistake. If you have children, there are social responsibilities too.
20 game boys, PlayStation, wii, iPad, TVs, Nintendo cartridges and Nintendo ds can’t replace the feeling of making your father proud and your mother care.
It fucking hurt so bad thinking of it.

I love them. But they don't love me :(

My parent compensated for the divorce, as well as for the lack of time we could be together, by buying endless video games.

I wish my parents were there more often. But as I said in an earlier post, when you’re the ping pong ball in the divorce, there is no stability to improve, no time for connections, few opportunities to enter a club, or any activity in fact.

Add the fact that I had mediocre social skills and barely anyone throughout high school, and you end up with a frustrated individual who just asked for one meaningful connection with at least one person.
I’m lucky to have both my parents alive, but i wish they could have helped me mature, helped push me to... I don’t know. Succeed in life ? Be more outgoing ? Have a meaningful hobby that I could later rely on ?

No, my parents simply had childrens and fed them food. Then they go back to work.
Fuck that shit. I feel like a mistake. If you have children, there are social responsibilities too.
20 game boys, PlayStation, wii, iPad, TVs, Nintendo cartridges and Nintendo ds can’t replace the feeling of making your father proud and your mother care.
It fucking hurt so bad thinking of it.
Yes I feel exactly the same way. My parents never went through a divorce, they pulled through, but I can relate with everything you said. My dad tried to buy my love with gifts, which I rejected because even at a young age I knew why he tried to shower me with video games, etc. It would leave a bad feeling in my stomach if I ever accepted them and could never use whatever he bought me in good conscience.

My parents also gave me the bare minimum to survive. My mom would just buy me fast food and laze in her room due to depression, but my dad would cook for me when he was home. I feel that maybe if he were more present, I would be a better person. Maybe his passion for work and his constant strive to be the best would have rubbed off on me, but no.

I don’t hate him, but I loathe him for this. I would have much rather him work at Walmart and be there for me rather than working halfway across the country from me. I used to cry whenever he left home. Now I wouldn’t care if I wasn’t going to see him for years. If by some divine miracle I have kids, I will be there for them. No question.

Last edited:
My mom is cool but my dad is complete shit. He's abusive and all my bad genes come from him

low iq, your looks ruined you, not video games

My dad is dead but I'm cold towards my mother because of her erratic personality and verbally abusive and controlling behaviour when I was young. She is even less socially adept than me and taught me nothing. I haven't said that I love her since I was maybe 10.

I care for my parents, but I simultaneously hate them for creating such a miserable fucked up life. It's a mix of feelings that leads to crippling depression every time I think about them. They should have aborted me instead of trying.

both parents of mine did me wrong no i dont believe i love them.