Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone else lose interest in gaming?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
I can't play computer games much at all anymore, I'll play for a few minutes and quickly lose interest. It doesn't seem to be an issue with my attention span either, as I can focus on reading or watching something for hours without getting distracted. The reason this is so odd, is that vidya used to be almost all I would do in a day, now I really can't even focus on a game for 30 minutes without experiencing pure boredom.

Anyone experience something similar?

I havent played an actual video game since august. I crave video games more than ever

i just cant afford them and i dont have the time to play them i woud love to play the persona series and the tales series

i just cant afford them and i dont have the time to play them i woud love to play the persona series and the tales series
Your work life sounds like literal slavery. I presume you were much happier when you had your semi neet life.

i play them intermittently
i've put a lot of story-based ones on indefinite hold, however. persona 5, yakuza 5, trails in the sky fc etc. i've got such a huge backlog, but when i do play vidya i end up booting up ck2 or something similar since its easier to jump into

Yeah, the more blackpilled and depressed i've become about myself the less i even derive pleasure from gaming now.

Your work life sounds like literal slavery. I presume you were much happier when you had your semi neet life.
sooo much more happier back then, by the time school even starts i will be burnt out and probably going to repeat what happened last semester. i haven't even gotten my drivers license yet and people 5 years younger than me do i don't have time to take lessons even right now.

sooo much more happier back then, by the time school even starts i will be burnt out and probably going to repeat what happened last semester. i haven't even gotten my drivers license yet and people 5 years younger than me do i don't have time to take lessons even right now.
Makes me want to remain NEET even more now.

I feel your pain. Everyone in my school has a license and I cannot get one because of the upcoming school stress. I hope your new major will be at least more enjoyable

Being an adult sucks so much. I wish I was a kid again

I lost interest in them around 20. Even my absolute favorites get old after 30 minutes. I actually have flashcarts for a few of my retro systems, thousands of games available, and I barely touch them.

Back then I’d be so obsessed with vidya that by the time that I would be done I could barely feel my backside once I stood up. It’s not only video games either, everything that I once had an interest in, gone.

It depends on the game, if it is a rpg I got involved very easy, if it is a first person shooter that the goal is multiplayer, then yes, I lost interest a while ago by such games

brutal.

i spend more time on this forum than watching anime and playing video games.

The only reason i dont play as much is because im so shit at games. I have thousands of hours in shooter games but im still shit

Got The Witcher 3 on the gog sale last week, liked it for a few hours but lost interest after leaving the first area.

I'm slowly losing interest but for now league of legends keeps me at a decent mental state

To a degree yes, I dont like or play many newer games. Prey was the last game I really enjoyed.

I can't play videogames because of my ADHD. It's literally impossible to concentrate and I lose interest quickly

I’m somewhat in a similar situation. I remember I would play the hell out of all the games I had and beat them at least once. Now I have a backlog that’s piling up and just don’t feel like playing games on consoles or my laptop that much at the moment. Last game I spent a lot of time on was Monster Hunter World.

I’m addicted to mobile games and pretty much the only games I’m playing right now like FGO.

It's just that games have become ways for people to make money, before they were made out of passion and a love for coding video games.

Just look at the video games produced by EA or Bethesda nowadays, they are all marketed towards women and children that will buy their over dog shit either way.

I had lost interest for a long time, but now i'm hooked up again thanks to Quake Champions

I just got into Kingdom Come and loving it. Gaming is one of my biggest copes, I will never give it up.

Used to be hooked to Vanilla WoW private server for few months (got to max lvl and raided to Naxx). Now I've lost interest and completely burnt out from it.

I just play granblue fantasy now.

I play them all the time. I have times where I don't play any, though. Currently binging three games, I'll probably burn out mid July.

well its definitely a sign of depression. ( losing interest in things you used to love). Same happened to me, havent played a proper game in YEARS and i used to ldar so hard playing that shit like 16/ 24

I aint played on my gaming PC for half a year now JFL

No, but I really wish a new game that wasn't garbage came out

Same.

Sometimes I force myself to play games, but get bored after 10 mins. I am coping with movies/series/music production now.

I *might* lose interest in gaming if more and more multiplayer games become mainstream

Yes I can only play card games or a long period of time. PC is getting boring that’s why I want to get a switch.

I still play a fuckton of vidya, but only if I find an interesting one. There’s a couple titles that I’m interested in right now. Vampyr and Ghost of Tsushima look pretty cool. Just gotta get my dog his booster shots before I can buy anymore. Neetbux budget. Fuck.

Yes but I mainly play multiplayer games, I don't play story games.

Got The Witcher 3 on the gog sale last week, liked it for a few hours but lost interest after leaving the first area.
Feels. If I was 12 I would probably enjoy the fuck out of Witcher 3. Wish I was younger again.

I recently experienced the same. I used to seriously be addicted to videogames when I was younger, 13-16 years old (this fucked up my social life and formative years...). Now I really don't get excited by video games that much. Especially since lame games like Fortnite seem to be the most liked by the majority of gamers, I don't have motivation to play anymore.