Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Anyone else have to deal with controlling or otherwise "toxic" parents?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
My dad can be hard work!

Like... sometimes the hardest thing is when I'm not sure if it's him or if I'm misreading or... you start to blame yourself or doubt your criticisms.

To me he seems very controlling and dismissive.

I wondered if anyone else has to deal with any "toxic" parents and whether they also feel like it can be hard to determine confidently enough whether they're bad or as bad as they seem.

I wonder where I should go about this. Maybe some kind of therapist (is that the correct term for this?) who can go through his communication with me (mostly Facebook messages) and tell me "what they see". But then... how can I find someone who really knows what they're talking about and I trust their judgement.

Hm, tricky.

Anywho, this post is meandering a bit now! If anyone has any ideas or experiences of their own then I'd be interested to hear them! :feelsstudy:

My parents are the reason for my failure (as an incel)

You could post your convos here. :feelskek:

I think I need to get more distance from him really.

I feel like whatever I do so long as it's not exactly what he wants me to do, I'll get 100% blamed for anything negative and I'll get lots of veiled insults and all the rest.

But... I need to get distance. This man is very toxic.

It's a real shame because I have lots of nice memories of my dad when I was younger. I'm sure he's gotten worse as the years have gone by.

Love your parents despite their failts

Yeah I know. It's so hard to work out with my dad whether he means to do harm or not. Probably not. But he needs to loosen his grip and things would go a lot better.

lol why did you share this with me? :waitwhat:
557AF8EA E342 4BFE ACA9 2BB110C4F2F0