Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Any programmercels?

• Thread starter GentlemanSupremacy
  • Start date
GentlemanSupremacy

GentlemanSupremacy

20 year old HV
-
I'll be studying computer science in college. How difficult is it? Do you need a high IQ? What's the math like?

@incelerated thoughtlo

Chad alert chad alert!!! :chad::chad::chad::chad:

It's moderately difficult. Have to keep your projects well organized. I believe you need to know math through calculus.

college is for cucks

Programming is a lot about data structures, problem solving, and algorithms. It does incorporate some math, but its not even half math. More so thinking of fast and reasonable solutions depending on the problem, as well as making good use of the tools (depending on your language and IDE) at your disposal.

It really depends on what type of programming you'll be doing. I personally specialize in OOP

If you're capable of programming it shows a high level of function and ability, something which most incels do NOT possess.

Programming is a lot about data structures, problem solving, and algorithms. It does incorporate some math, but its not even half math. More so thinking of fast and reasonable solutions depending on the problem, as well as making good use of the tools (depending on your language and IDE) at your disposal.

It really depends on what type of programming you'll be doing. I personally specialize in OOP
I heard that there's still a lot of math modules to filter out the lower IQ specimens.
I'm looking at the course i'll be doing and there's discreet math, calculus and stuff like that.

Depends on if you're going to choose a specialization in computer science.

If you want to get to grad level you need a solid basis of calculus, know your algebra and trigonometry functions, good foundation of linear algebra, formal logic, proving, and probably a bit of signal processing. If youre going into security you need to go more in depth on modular arithmetic, primes, etc.

But other than intellectually you also need to keep up your social life somehow

Edit: if you just want to be a codemonkey you could just try to get a low level programming job and grind some certification. Its not like you need academic level for that

Last edited:
There's 1923 programming problems on LeetCode. There's solutions, and youtube tutorials for almost every problem on LeetCode too. This would be the best way to learn these days. Just start cranking these problems out, do one or two a day for a few years. You'd get good regardless of your math skills. A lot of these problems are just like sorting, and finding numbers, searching for strings, and stuff like that, there's no calculus or advanced math required.

coz you do nothing useful for 6 years you'll feel like shit tbh. if I'm wasting my life away the least I want is to be left to ldar in peace. and then you can wagiemaxx to pay for your looksmatches' bastards with chad. chad doesn't need a fancy degree and then wagecucking in far leftist mega corporation for a decade to take 50 virginities
There's 1923 programming problems on LeetCode. There's solutions, and youtube tutorials for almost every problem on LeetCode too. This would be the best way to learn these days. Just start cranking these problems out, do one or two a day for a few years. You'd get good regardless of your math skills. A lot of these problems are just like sorting, and finding numbers, searching for strings, and stuff like that, there's no calculus or advanced math required.

sounds cool buyo maybe I'll try :feelscomfy:

@incelerated thoughtlo
I haven't studied it in uni so can't say for sure. I've learned programming by myself.
For programming itself you don't really need any math skills. I barely ever use exponents let alone more complicated things. The only time you need math in programming is when the program itself is math-oriented. Like a statistics program for example.
In uni they usually teach you some basic math anyways but I don't think it will be much more complicated than high school math.

wouldn’t say “high IQ” just need to be logical in your thinking. Math is all calculus, no need for statistics. And some discrete math too.

wouldn’t say “high IQ” just need to be logical in your thinking. Math is all calculus, no need for statistics. And some discrete math too.
this tbh. u need patience and highschool math. I'd say patience especially since alot of the time you get gay nigger errors which are annoying as fuck to debug and fix. worse some companies have shitty no comments code and u have to understand all that shit on your own with no documentation. a shit ton of trial and error