Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Any of yall play games like the "Persona" series where you can pretend to be Chad with quality women?

cvh1991

cvh1991

Commander
★★★★★
In the end, I think I usually just feel even more depressed as when you log off the game of course none of those women or friends are real -- they don't exist and neither do you as the lead, but nonetheless I find myself enjoying the fantasy for what it is. I had a tough time initially enjoying, say, Persona 5 just because I didn't care for some of the story elements, but I have to say there is a strong psychologically appealing element to it especially for losers like myself seems to me since they'll be starved of these sorts of "needs" in their real life.

You get the chance to live out this fantasy where you are the biggest and best Chad around -- even as a minor all of these high quality young attractive and interesting women want to spend time with you and look up to you -- in a full reversal from what men experience in real life, you actually have choices between women to date whereas irl that's women's schtick/men just take what they can get irl. It's also perhaps notable that "simping" actually works in video games like this whereas simping of course doesn't work irl -- in fact, I'd argue "simping" is a core part of games like this for whatever reason -- you put the work in and you're rewarded for said work.

In my family I have a lot of sisters and was raised by a single mother -- over the years I've met many other women too of course and it's fascinating to me how actual women in real life differ so significantly from the "ideals" that are presented in games like Persona (which you don't need personal experience for, most of Gymcelled's posts and all of the dating/sex studies that we've been through a hundred times can tell you the way things are for all that). Obviously it's all fictional so the writers have leeway to generate whatever they want and all that jazz, but I dunno -- it's somehow comforting in its own way if you're able to suspend your disbelief that you were able to help these women of quality and go on dates/get laid and all that. The games even do some simulation of intimacy and there's the make-believe that they actually care for you.

Seems to me those games do a fairly good job of appealing to what men really want to be -- special/important/good with women/actually helping people and making an impact/making strong friendships with awesome people that care about you too. But, then after growing close to these people who don't even exist, the veil is lifted and you're back in reality and it hits like a sack of bricks. In a way, I wonder if seeing the "dream"/how things "could" be in the idealized fantasies just makes one reflect upon the awful quality of you're actual life.

I dunno where I'm going with this, but I find myself wishing I just wasn't born -- if you're not a top tier high status male or at least independently wealthy or "Chad-light", you're likely to have a very tough life filled with rejection and ... well failure unless you're some kind of genius perhaps. After which society/women and even other men will insist that it's your own fault and you'll be put through the self-improvment rigmarole ad infinitum. It's an uncomfortable truth that not everyone has a net positive life and another unpopular truth (for some reason?) that one's looks/genes heavily influence how they are perceived and how they're treated by others -- ugly low status men being pretty much at the top of that list I would argue. I know that my value to others is determined by what needs of theirs I can meet and to what extent/for what cost -- that's all I am. It just doesn't seem worth it -- I don't expect my life to be like an idealized video game, I really don't, but due to the "hole in your heart" those games can fill, it's made me reconsider what it is that I actually want out of life and how I won't get those things in truth. Anyhow, thanks for your time, of course feel free to let me now if I got anything wrong/said anything retarded.

Last edited:
The only video game I play is Epic seven it got some solid content

sample_193306c1ec4664c41440366c746952cffb52d605.jpg
sample_bbaea678ed00b67ca84d151ce7cb11e7.jpg
sample_0420ba18e9883ff6c753ec1aa55ec4e2dee48e49.jpg
30.jpg
29.jpg
51.jpg

The only video game I play is Epic seven it got some solid content

sample_193306c1ec4664c41440366c746952cffb52d605.jpg
sample_bbaea678ed00b67ca84d151ce7cb11e7.jpg
sample_0420ba18e9883ff6c753ec1aa55ec4e2dee48e49.jpg
30.jpg
29.jpg
51.jpg
Dayum I'll say -- I need to get into more hardcore stuff, just tough filtering out the good ones.

I'm not into waifu bait games tbh

Yeah, I think that's understandable -- there is a level of suspension of disbelief which can be hard to get past I think.

I enjoy the general artstyle personally and am neutral to slight positive on anime generally (there are a handful that I've enjoyed but most are dog shit imo).

I certainly agree that most are basically on the same level as shitty YA novels, but to be blunt, it's more or less the best way I've found to simulate social experiences like I've described. It's nice to have a fantasy where you get to role play Chad I think. Though it does make me feel worse when it ends/all that time i've invested and the relationships I've built in the fictional sandbox disappear and you're back in reality with what you got.

Persona is too juvenile for my taste and having a virtual gf is another waste of time.

Persona is too juvenile for my taste and having a virtual gf is another waste of time.
It is very juveline/YA novel in nature -- kinda something tough to get past, but I try to just embrace it for what it is. What I enjoy about them personally is when you get to the midgame and are given the choices about who you want to spend your time with/what characters and women you actually want to build a relationship with.

Really comes down to whether or not one can suspend their disbelief I think which isn't necessarily the easiest thing for a game like this -- I sorta got the impression that the writers just leaned into it as hard as they could and I can kinda go with that.

I will never play a Persona game.

I will never play a Persona game.
Any particular reason? Not a fan of the writing/art direction?

Or is it more that Atlas has sorta gone "woke" with some recent stuff? Cuz I fucking hate that shit -- to me, they were one of the last companies making these niche sorts of games that appealed to the juveline male fantasy as it were, but Catherine's rerelease had tons of woke garbage in it and even Persona 5 Royal had some stupid changes to appease the outlets complaining about it representing gays in a bad light or some bullshit.

It has a nice soundtrack, but I'm not a fan of rpg games

It is very juveline/YA novel in nature -- kinda something tough to get past, but I try to just embrace it for what it is. What I enjoy about them personally is when you get to the midgame and are given the choices about who you want to spend your time with/what characters and women you actually want to build a relationship with.

Really comes down to whether or not one can suspend their disbelief I think which isn't necessarily the easiest thing for a game like this -- I sorta got the impression that the writers just leaned into it as hard as they could and I can kinda go with that.
Social links is an interesting and original concept that adds replayability to the game, after you finish it once you can start again to play with different personas and learn new stories. It's good that you can enjoy it, I'm just not very fond of anime characters and settings.

Any particular reason? Not a fan of the writing/art direction?

Or is it more that Atlas has sorta gone "woke" with some recent stuff? Cuz I fucking hate that shit -- to me, they were one of the last companies making these niche sorts of games that appealed to the juveline male fantasy as it were, but Catherine's rerelease had tons of woke garbage in it and even Persona 5 Royal had some stupid changes to appease the outlets complaining about it representing gays in a bad light or some bullshit.
While I never looked into the games much outside of the little I've been exposed to due to how popular the series is, I'm not a fan of the artstyle really. Not enjoying how they draw their characters.

Then it doesn't help I'm not a fan of the few clips of the music I've heard either and the stories always seem strange to me. I feel like I can get better from another JRPG with better drawn girls with better music and better stories within them.

But yeah. I don't enjoy the art overall. Especially the chins on the girls. Or the eyes.

Yeah, persona 4 is a chad simulator. You are basically mute and everyone wants to suck your cock. The villains are incels who are told by Chad and his crew that they have toxic personalities lmao.

Yeah, I think that's understandable -- there is a level of suspension of disbelief which can be hard to get past I think.

I enjoy the general artstyle personally and am neutral to slight positive on anime generally (there are a handful that I've enjoyed but most are dog shit imo).

I certainly agree that most are basically on the same level as shitty YA novels, but to be blunt, it's more or less the best way I've found to simulate social experiences like I've described. It's nice to have a fantasy where you get to role play Chad I think. Though it does make me feel worse when it ends/all that time i've invested and the relationships I've built in the fictional sandbox disappear and you're back in reality with what you got.
yeah I like Persona's style & soundtrack as well (mostly bcus I play Smash bros), but I find movies and anime to be way better when it comes to self insertion, it's just a bit more realistic to my senses. Most of the games I enjoy are generally action packed or those that don't rely on incel appeal to be good.

it's just not my cup of tea but I can see why people like it

In the end, I think I usually just feel even more depressed as when you log off the game of course none of those women or friends are real -- they don't exist and neither do you as the lead, but nonetheless I find myself enjoying the fantasy for what it is. I had a tough time initially enjoying, say, Persona 5 just because I didn't care for some of the story elements, but I have to say there is a strong psychologically appealing element to it especially for losers like myself seems to me since they'll be starved of these sorts of "needs" in their real life.

You get the chance to live out this fantasy where you are the biggest and best Chad around -- even as a minor all of these high quality young attractive and interesting women want to spend time with you and look up to you -- in a full reversal from what men experience in real life, you actually have choices between women to date whereas irl that's women's schtick/men just take what they can get irl. It's also perhaps notable that "simping" actually works in video games like this whereas simping of course doesn't work irl -- in fact, I'd argue "simping" is a core part of games like this for whatever reason -- you put the work in and you're rewarded for said work.

In my family I have a lot of sisters and was raised by a single mother -- over the years I've met many other women too of course and it's fascinating to me how actual women in real life differ so significantly from the "ideals" that are presented in games like Persona (which you don't need personal experience for, most of Gymcelled's posts and all of the dating/sex studies that we've been through a hundred times can tell you the way things are for all that). Obviously it's all fictional so the writers have leeway to generate whatever they want and all that jazz, but I dunno -- it's somehow comforting in its own way if you're able to suspend your disbelief that you were able to help these women of quality and go on dates/get laid and all that. The games even do some simulation of intimacy and there's the make-believe that they actually care for you.

Seems to me those games do a fairly good job of appealing to what men really want to be -- special/important/good with women/actually helping people and making an impact/making strong friendships with awesome people that care about you too. But, then after growing close to these people who don't even exist, the veil is lifted and you're back in reality and it hits like a sack of bricks. In a way, I wonder if seeing the "dream"/how things "could" be in the idealized fantasies just makes one reflect upon the awful quality of you're actual life.

I dunno where I'm going with this, but I find myself wishing I just wasn't born -- if you're not a top tier high status male or at least independently wealthy or "Chad-light", you're likely to have a very tough life filled with rejection and ... well failure unless you're some kind of genius perhaps. After which society/women and even other men will insist that it's your own fault and you'll be put through the self-improvment rigmarole ad infinitum. It's an uncomfortable truth that not everyone has a net positive life and another unpopular truth (for some reason?) that one's looks/genes heavily influence how they are perceived and how they're treated by others -- ugly low status men being pretty much at the top of that list I would argue. I know that my value to others is determined by what needs of theirs I can meet and to what extent/for what cost -- that's all I am. It just doesn't seem worth it -- I don't expect my life to be like an idealized video game, I really don't, but due to the "hole in your heart" those games can fill, it's made me reconsider what it is that I actually want out of life and how I won't get those things in truth. Anyhow, thanks for your time, of course feel free to let me now if I got anything wrong/said anything retarded.
Yes p5r is top tier cope. I have been playing more of these type of games(Sakura wars, visual novels, tokyo xanadu). I know people say you feel empty when you finish them off and that's true, but you can always find another game to fill that void. Unironically its a very good cope to consoom these games. And keeps me motivated to money max so i can retire and play them 24/7
Yeah, persona 4 is a chad simulator. You are basically mute and everyone wants to suck your cock. The villains are incels who are told by Chad and his crew that they have toxic personalities lmao.
Yeah this happens a good amount in some of these games. Villains more relatable than the MC, but i can cope/self-insert this problem out

Last edited:
Used to play persona 3 portable back then with emulator.

I play PERSONA and go after the old MILFs

Yea bro. I played through 5 base, royal, and I'm planning to get Scramble this weekend. Those games are a great cope and I have dumped 250 hrs into just Persona 5 games so far. I was immersed in P5 when I first started playing it. I even went on "walks" throughout the neighborhoods in the game on Google Maps. I wish I could get a Makoto or Sae gf irl :feelsbadman:
special/important/good with women/actually helping people and making an impact/making strong friendships with awesome people that care about you too
Japanese media is especially good at immersing us in make-believe worlds where females care about anyone besides Chad

Villains more relatable than the MC, but i can cope/self-insert this problem out
I noticed this too. If the game didn't have the personal life elements, I would have tuned out early on, but by the end, I'm too invested in the setting of the game to not finish it

Yea bro. I played through 5 base, royal, and I'm planning to get Scramble this weekend. Those games are a great cope and I have dumped 250 hrs into just Persona 5 games so far. I was immersed in P5 when I first started playing it. I even went on "walks" throughout the neighborhoods in the game on Google Maps. I wish I could get a Makoto or Sae gf irl :feelsbadman:

Japanese media is especially good at immersing us in make-believe worlds where females care about anyone besides Chad

I noticed this too. If the game didn't have the personal life elements, I would have tuned out early on, but by the end, I'm too invested in the setting of the game to not finish it
Really sucks life isn't like this. In an ideal world, we'd get a second life as a Chad in a world of our choosing.

It has a nice soundtrack, but I'm not a fan of rpg games
The soundtracks are straight fire — I hear you, turn based combat isn’t really my thing barring DnD I suppose — I think it can work, but really only if the difficulty is high since otherwise you just end up spamming the same moves without having to problem solve.

JRPGs typically have really terrible stories in my experience — hasn’t been since golden sun where I’ve enjoyed a traditional jrpg story looking back.
Sucks in p5r you can't date Sae the prosecutor. She has a good personality.
Agreed lol
Used to play persona 3 portable back then with emulator.
Persona 3 on PSP was the shit — much better overall story than 4 or 5 in my opinion though think the combat/dungeon crawling aspects are way better in 5 and each title has their share of characters I like quite a lot.

Great comment man, I hear you mate — it really does feel like that. I sorta had a mini existential crisis after my first Persona game years back lol — like I said if you succeed in suspending your disbelief and really invest into these characters/relationships it can hit like a sack of bricks when reality sets back. Then I start contemplating how the games are structured to appeal to one’s psychological needs/desires and how vastly far from reality that is/how obviously women aren’t like these characters at all (at least for non-Chad) and I just start wondering why even bother lol — like, “why are we here just to suffer” metal gear inner monologue lol

Not that I’m claiming those are remotely insightful observations, I’m not and they aren’t, but the truth still sucks is what I mean.
Really sucks life isn't like this. In an ideal world, we'd get a second life as a Chad in a world of our choosing.
One can dream and I do cuz it’s some nice cope and better than nothing — the clinic doc/Takemi is best girl from P5 gonna throw that hat in the ring

Last edited:
i enjoy the persona games but in general i hate any kind of media where the protagonist is a chad cause i can't identify with them. In Persona 4 and 5 I definitely related to the "villains" more than the "heroes". The Phantom Thieves in particular were massive hypocrites.

Social links is an interesting and original concept that adds replayability to the game, after you finish it once you can start again to play with different personas and learn new stories. It's good that you can enjoy it, I'm just not very fond of anime characters and settings.
Solid take mate, fair points
i enjoy the persona games but in general i hate any kind of media where the protagonist is a chad cause i can't identify with them. In Persona 4 and 5 I definitely related to the "villains" more than the "heroes". The Phantom Thieves in particular were massive hypocrites.
I understand what you mean — you’re uh, well you’re not wrong
Howdy
While I never looked into the games much outside of the little I've been exposed to due to how popular the series is, I'm not a fan of the artstyle really. Not enjoying how they draw their characters.

Then it doesn't help I'm not a fan of the few clips of the music I've heard either and the stories always seem strange to me. I feel like I can get better from another JRPG with better drawn girls with better music and better stories within them.

But yeah. I don't enjoy the art overall. Especially the chins on the girls. Or the eyes.
Art direction/art style is definitely an area where I preferred the older games myself — the newer ones/most recent use the typical/dare I say generic style which most anime today are using for some reason. I don’t dislike it, but I really prefer much of the art of the 90s era myself (early Toriyama / even stuff like Sailor Moon or Akira — P3 had a much more unique art direction seems to me).
Sadly yeah that’s more or less how it is — it’s ... a kind of strange mixture of letting you play out a male centric Chad fantasy while also seemingly being unsympathetic toward other guys deemed “scum” by the narrative. I enjoy ti for what it is, but there are definitely a lot of aspects that could be much better.

Last edited:
Solid take mate, fair points

I understand what you mean — you’re uh, well you’re not wrong

Howdy

Art direction/art style is definitely an area where I preferred the older games myself — the newer ones/most recent use the typical/dare I say generic style which most anime today are using for some reason. I don’t dislike it, but I really prefer much of the art of the 90s era myself (early Toriyama / even stuff like Sailor Moon or Akira — P3 had a much more unique art direction seems to me).

Sadly yeah that’s more or less how it is — it’s ... a kind of strange mixture of letting you play out a male centric Chad fantasy while also seemingly being unsympathetic toward other guys deemed “scum” by the narrative. I enjoy ti for what it is, but there are definitely a lot of aspects that could be much better.
In 5 it's like, how can they talk shit about the society they live in when they're literally using violence to enforce their will on the public. Honstly in everything except gameplay and I guess music I think Persona 3 is the best, the tone and overall story of that game were my favourite by far. Although since it was the once I played first I may be biased.

I've never tried any Persona game yet, but I find Naoto to be absolutely gorgeous. Maybe I should give Persona 4 a stab.

sae niijima can step on my balls

I tried playing it but turn based JRPG's bore me to death

I only played 3 and 4. When 5 comes to PC i'll play it. Hope there are nude mods.
I try to max out any lolis or if there are cyborg waifus/A.I. waifus I also try to max those out as well

In 5 it's like, how can they talk shit about the society they live in when they're literally using violence to enforce their will on the public. Honstly in everything except gameplay and I guess music I think Persona 3 is the best, the tone and overall story of that game were my favourite by far. Although since it was the once I played first I may be biased.
3 is my personal favorite primarily due to my liking it’s overarching narrative and art style — I really didn’t care for the main storyline in P5 much of the time, but maybe that’s just me. I do think the dungeon crawling/combat portion is noticeably better in 5, but I mostly play these games for the “social simulator”/Chad simulator cope aspect tbh.
I've never tried any Persona game yet, but I find Naoto to be absolutely gorgeous. Maybe I should give Persona 4 a stab.
Some of the character designs are stunning if you look at the official artwork/portraits used in game. Honestly Tae Takemi in the fifth one just floored me the first time I encountered the character/saw the official portrait animations and all that.
sae niijima can step on my balls
Lmfao

Last edited:
3 is my personal favorite primarily due to my liking it’s overarching narrative and art style — I really didn’t care for the main storyline in P5 much of the time, but maybe that’s just me. I do think the dungeon crawling/combat portion is noticeably better in 5, but I mostly play these games for the “social simulator”/Chad simulator cope aspect tbh.
persona 5 has like 10 years on persona 3 design wise, so naturally it's just straight up better that. My hope is one day they do a remake that kind of combines FES with P3 Portable, but with the more modern P5 quality of life features.

I tried playing it but turn based JRPG's bore me to death
I hear you, unless you’re someone who enjoys the challenging dungeon crawl single night grind out and/or turn based combat might just be best to switch on “safe mode” which more or less lets you bypass all of it easily. Still, I found it kinda broke the game so settled on easy/normal for the next play through.
persona 5 has like 10 years on persona 3 design wise, so naturally it's just straight up better that. My hope is one day they do a remake that kind of combines FES with P3 Portable, but with the more modern P5 quality of life features.
That’d be the dream, yup

I'd larp as the p3 protagonist in school then go home and play the game in 11th grade.

p5 was copy pasta of p4. p3 was 90% nothing
it's fascinating to me how actual women in real life differ so significantly from the "ideals" that are presented in games like Persona
it's an anime game u autist
but I have to say there is a strong psychologically appealing element to it especially for losers like myself seems to me since they'll be starved of these sorts of "needs" in their real life.
yes bro
Peep

Last edited:
I'd larp as the p3 protagonist in school then go home and play the game in 11th grade.

p5 was copy pasta of p4. p3 was 90% nothing

it's an anime game u autist

yes bro
View attachment 428565

Eh, I probably should’ve phrased that differently — like, yes obviously women irl are totally different than the idealization from visual novels and naturally pretty much none of those sorts of social interactions work similarly (maybe certain elements “could” if you were giga-Chad), but what I meant was, it’s fascinating to see the gulf between what men fantasize about women being VS what they actually are.

So, it’s an obvious difference, but still an interesting one — seems like it’s almost an evolutionary mismatch or some such how our programming wants a certain thing a certain way, but it’s just not that way hardly ever if at all.

Maybe some very minute fraction of women out there would mostly match certain idealizations or what have you, but in practice it’s so rare as to not exist (at least unless you’re a truly “top male” with genuine options open to you perhaps and an ability to interact with a ton of women).

The school days theme is straight fire, good link.

Now, I also acknowledge that women’s idealizations of men are also probably quite rare, but we know for a fact based on dating/sex stats and what you have that men are much much less choosy than women are so I don’t think it’s really comparable in the sense that men have preferences but will settle with what they can get while women typically don’t presumably because were either “programmed” differently or simply because women have an abundance mentality and “can” be as picky as they are or some combo of the two.

Anyway, playing something like a Persona game or what have you is an interesting reflective experience in the sense that it makes me reconsider/notice just how extremely far reality is from the “dream”/what we would want life to be like. If one is able to suspend their disbelief and try to invest in and get to know these fictional characters, it’s sorta depressing when the veil is lifted and you’re back with having nothing in this pitiful muck of a life if that makes sense. I don’t know that I’d feel that way though if some or more of these types of “needs” were being met for me irl though or even if I’d bother playing games like these under those circumstances.

Last edited:
amongst us

Attachments

• 8577834A-A3EF-42FB-8C3D-7B0E5F7BF479.jpeg
    8577834A-A3EF-42FB-8C3D-7B0E5F7BF479.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 17
I agree with that, which is why I am a big fan of the Persona series, if you come into this game looking just for waifus you are going to find a rich story with amazing gameplay mechanics and a vast world. I cried at the end because it wa s such an amazing ride from start to finish

I played Persona 3 Portable a lot, which is actually the best version of Persona 3, and I am not just saying that because it can actually run on my smartphone (and on PSP) while the PS2 releases cannot run. Instead of playing as the Chad, I played as the pedo foid. Agecucks hated that.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth was like that. A bit. (Surprisingly good RPG).

A lot of females in it came across as giga autistic, so they brutally MOGGED irl females in that regard.

Tfw no autistic gf.