Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media [ANIME REVIEW] YURU YURI [/ANIME REVIEW]

Caesercel

Caesercel

Take a look to the sky just before you die.
★★★★★

On this episode of anime review we'll be reviewing Yuri Yuri

Synopsis - Yuru Yuri is a moe, comedy, romantic, slice of life anime about a bunch of middle school girls and their shenanigans in the "amusement club". As the name suggests it has yuri romance thrown in. It follows two seniors Yui and Kyoko and their juniors Akari and Chinatsu in their journey through school life, friendship and love.

Review and opinion - Despite my aversion to this genre as whole I only started watching this show after I saw some clips on youtube. And from those alone I could easily tell that this was a decently written show.

Since its slice of life there's not much of a story arc. Each episode is pretty much self contained and only carries newer characters and established running jokes from the previous episodes. Its still a light hearted "middle school kids mucking around" show and is entirely carried by genuinely funny gags and great characters.

Characters - Toshino Kyoko is pretty much the heart of this show. It wouldn't be half as good without the high energy she brings and how it plays off against other characters with varying personalities. Her trollish nature kind of reminds me of how I am with my siblings and cousins, making her more relatable. Easy to see why she's the fan favorite. Akari was fun to watch as well. Cute, innocent but also derpy and at the receiving end of gags. "The Akari that lept through time" is still one of the best anime episodes I've watched in recent times.

The third season is made by a different studio so there's a change of animation and a marked shift away from comedy and towards slice of life and moe stuff.

It has Yuri elements as the name suggests. But it never gets serious and remains light hearted. Mostly used for gags anyway and do not dominate the show So if you're bothered by that stuff then it definitely won't ruin the experience. But it is still a core part of the premise. I personally found them unnecessary tbh.

Overall, I liked this one. It was relaxing to watch after a day at work. And I'll definitely miss the characters now that its over.

Last edited:
Hamtaro mogs

Might do one of these for Bleach after I rewatch + reread (in that order)

I remember liking this show, tho it's been years since I've watched it. I really should get around to rewatching it.

Based I really like the theme song.

Warning: it’s pretty catchy and weeb, but you don’t care if you’re in this thread

Based I really like the theme song.

Warning: it’s pretty catchy and weeb, but you don’t care if you’re in this thread

This one is nice too

View attachment 892197

On this episode of anime review we'll be reviewing Yuri Yuri

Synopsis - Yuru Yuri is a moe, comedy, romantic, slice of life anime about a bunch of middle school girls and their shenanigans in the "amusement club". As the name suggests it has yuri romance thrown in. It follows two seniors Yui and Kyoko and their juniors Akari and Chinatsu in their journey through school life, friendship and love.

Review and opinion - Despite my aversion to this genre as whole I only started watching this show after I saw some clips on youtube. And from those alone I could easily tell that this was a decently written show.

Since its slice of life there's not much of a story arc. Each episode is pretty much self contained and only carries newer characters and established running jokes from the previous episodes. Its still a light hearted "middle school kids mucking around" show and is entirely carried by genuinely funny gags and great characters.

Characters - Toshino Kyoko is pretty much the heart of this show. It wouldn't be half as good without the high energy she brings and how it plays off against other characters with varying personalities. Her trollish nature kind of reminds me of how I am with my siblings and cousins, making her more relatable. Easy to see why she's the fan favorite. Akari was fun to watch as well. Cute, innocent but also derpy and at the receiving end of gags. "The Akari that lept through time" is still one of the best anime episodes I've watched in recent times.

The third season is made by a different studio so there's a change of animation and a marked shift away from comedy and towards slice of life and moe stuff.

It has Yuri elements as the name suggests. But it never gets serious and remains light hearted. Mostly used for gags anyway and do not dominate the show So if you're bothered by that stuff then it definitely won't ruin the experience. But it is still a core part of the premise. I personally found them unnecessary tbh.

Overall, I liked this one. It was relaxing to watch after a day at work. And I'll definitely miss the characters now that its over.
based
Yuri Yuri is great
Now go watch Wataten

I didn’t expect this from you.
I will return later, nonetheless.

I don’t watch LGBT cartoons :smonk: