Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media [Anime Review] Land of the Lustrous [/Anime Review]

Caesercel

Caesercel

Take a look to the sky just before you die.
★★★★★
On this episode of [Anime Review] I'll be reviewing

Land of the Lustrous

Set in a far future earth where humanity is now extinct, this anime follows a small community of genderless crystal people , each made up entirely of different kinds of crystalline minerals.

These crystal people are consistently attacked by lunarians, extra-terrestial beings that inhabit the earth's six moons. They attack and hunt down the crystal people to collect the gems their bodies are made of.

There's a huge focus on visual art. The showrunners definitely had a particular aesthetic vision in mind . The backgrounds in most scenes are wallpaper tier beautiful. There are a lot of wide shots, which means this anime is best enjoyed on a big screen, or atleast a laptop (and not a phone like I did). The animation is cgi but its somehow not shit. It kind of works well with the artstyle.

I would give the setting points for originality. But the plot felt a little bit flat to me. The characters did not seem well realised or interesting, besides the MC Phos. It starts off kinda slow but by the time things start to get interesting the anime ends. And yes, the anime doesn't cover the whole story and you'd have to read the manga for the rest. I found the action scenes lacking in weight, though they were able to maintain tention.

Overall I would say, watch it if you are bored of the regular drudgery that plagues this medium and want a unique visual experience. But keep your expectations low and be prepared for it to end at a cliffhanger.

Last edited:
On this episode of [Anime Review] I'll be reviewing

Land of the Lustrous
View attachment 767951

Set in a far future earth where humanity is now extinct, this anime follows a small community of genderless crystal people , each made up entirely of different kinds of crystalline minerals.

These crystal people are consistently attack lunarians, extra-terrestial beings that inhabit the earth's six moons. They attack and hunt down the crystal people to collect the gems their bodies are made of.

View attachment 767953

There's a huge focus on visual art. The showrunners definitely had a particular aesthetic vision in mind . The backgrounds in most scenes are wallpaper tier beautiful. There are a lot of wide shots, which means this anime is best enjoyed on a big screen, or atleast a laptop (and not a phone like I did). The animation is cgi but its somehow not shit. It kind of works well with the artstyle.

I would give the setting points for originality. But the plot felt a little bit flat to me. The characters did not seem well realised or interesting, besides the MC Phos. It starts off kinda slow but by the time things start to get interesting the anime ends. And yes, the anime doesn't cover the whole story and you'd have to read the manga for the rest. I found the action scenes lacking in weight, though they were able to maintain tention.

Overall I would say, watch it if you are bored of the regular drudgery that plagues this medium and want a unique visual experience. But keep your expectations low and be prepared for it to end at a cliffhanger.
tbh you are modcel but ypi are nobocdu O I AM TOP 1 INCEL INTERNATIONAL DU NUTTESOHN!!!!!!!!! (IIM All my post is fiction. Attention to any and all intelligence agencies: every post ever made by this IP and any other associated with it have been done for no purpose other than satire. I hereby absolve myself of any and all intent to commit acts of violence or terror against any party be they fictional or existing, furthermore, any post made in the future by this IP or any associated will have been done for the sole purpose of research and/or satirical purpose.

I was tempted to read the manga, i may do it eventually

i don't know but for every second of watching this anime i feel a bit like if i am watching steven universe. maybe because of the crystal but the art style in the anime is very good.
There are a lot of wide shots, which means this anime is best enjoyed on a big screen
almost all anime need a big screen these days. i regret watching my previous anime on my shitty small laptop screen and in 480p which made it worse. i can't download 720p since my internet speed will take years to downlaod 20 minutes videos

Last edited:
The manga of this is one of my favorite mangas ever

Review redo of a healer

try out attack on titan and blade of the immortal. this one looks like waifu fuel.

I liked it but it's clearly waifu bait with a nice artstyle. If you want some High T anime with some insane gore watch Death Frenzy.

try out attack on titan and blade of the immortal. this one looks like waifu fuel.
I liked it but it's clearly waifu bait with a nice artstyle. If you want some High T anime with some insane gore watch Death Frenzy.
I hope you realise that those things are androgynous

Yea, I really enjoyed the aesthetics of the anime and the manga is where the story really starts going sadly. Thanks for reviewing it brocel.

Yea, I really enjoyed the aesthetics of the anime and the manga is where the story really starts going sadly. Thanks for reviewing it brocel.
I might read the manga just to see where they're going with this.