Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious [ANIME REVIEW] GRAND BLUE

Caesercel

Caesercel

Take a look to the sky just before you die.
★★★★★
Been some time since I watched this but ok.

Grand Blue is a slice of life, comedy romance anime about MC mcfag who's a college freshman away from home and finds residence with his femalo cousins who are also part of a diving group. He's quickly roped into this group and thus begin their adventures of drunken shenanigans, cousin love mishaps and sheer college tomfoolery(and some scuba diving lessons)

Opinion: Comedy is basically the main aspect here. The sports only act as the setting for these gag scenarios and romance takes a backseat, especially in the first half.

Personally, I liked the comedy. Its anime slapstick for sure but not your typical anime slapstick. The characters and scenarios are absurd yet somehow mature, in the sense characters actually act like college kids and the comic scenarios reflect that. Had a few good laughs in it.

There's some fan service too if you're into that but it doesn't feel out of place, unlike some other anime, and fits smoothly into the setting.

One disclaimer tho. All characters are normies and/or chads. The MC may feel like an awkward loser lazy anime protag stereotype, but is he? Women are comfortable around him, he's comfortable around them. He makes friends easily and his comedic failings do not come from introverted ineptitude but from youth and lack of maturity/experience.

Anyway, nice anime to kill 12 episodes worth of time with.

Last edited:
Yeah, its good if You ignore BP elements of it. Made me laugh a Lot. If You want another comedy gold watch detroit metal city i beg You, 12 chapters that last like 13minutes each:feelsokman:

Yeah, its good if You ignore BP elements of it. Made me laugh a Lot. If You want another comedy gold watch detroit metal city i beg You, 12 chapters that last like 13minutes each:feelsokman:
BP?