Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media [ANIME REVIEW] ASOBI ASOBASE [ANIME REVIEW]

Caesercel

Caesercel

Take a look to the sky just before you die.
★★★★★

Asobi is a comedy/slice of life anime which follows 3 high school japanese girls and their activities as part of the "pass timer" club. Yes...their club is literally dedicated to wasting time.

The show may come off as a "cute girls doing cute things" moe type anime(even the opening is misleading) . In reality its anything but. The comedy is absurdist and relies on exaggeration. The girls are all insane in their own special way.

The individual episodes do not have a single theme or story. Each episode is basically divided into 3 self contained skits. I think the manga is still ongoing and the 12 episodes do not cover all of it, though I doubt there will be a second season.

As far as comedy goes I enjoyed it. Many lol moments in there. Surprisingly a lot of jokes rely on a western cultural context, which was new. I recommend to atleast try this one. Its available on youtube

Last edited:
I don’t watch anime

Thank you for that information