Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Anime copers, does reality never hits you twice as hard after coping with anime?

El Enemigo

El Enemigo

Overlord
★★★★★
I see most anime is directed to an incel audience, the Mc is almost always a loser and eventually gets a perfect girl or even a harem or similar themes, all this so that the incel watching can cope and think he is the one experiencing this, basically a vicarious experience, but reality has to set at one point, does it not hit you harder harder it does? From seeing a fantasy to seeing your rotting room with you in the middle?

I don't use anime as a cope but many of my incel friends do and I was wondering if they ever feel like this.

Not really harder than other things that allow me to check out of reality. As regards anime I always like to think of myself as ‘friend of’ the MC and not the MC himself. I go on this adventure with other guy like me and see all this cool shit happen to him/see him go through.

So when I do snap back to reality I have the thoughts of that adventure in my head as a lingering cope as I look at this rotting room with me in the middle. It’s like a happy memory to look back on that just ended moments ago.

TLDR: it does hit hard when coming back to reality but is offset by the lingering cope nature of having a cool story in your head.

I see most anime is directed to an incel audience, the Mc is almost always a loser and eventually gets a perfect girl or even a harem or similar themes, all this so that the incel watching can cope and think he is the one experiencing this, basically a vicarious experience, but reality has to set at one point, does it not hit you harder harder it does? From seeing a fantasy to seeing your rotting room with you in the middle?

I don't use anime as a cope but many of my incel friends do and I was wondering if they ever feel like this.
No

What always hits me hard is anime girls are so adorable and I come back to reality thinking maybe girls can be this way, and at first I believe it because they sometimes behave nice at first but eventually you catch on to what they are and how different they are from the 2d idealisms and then you really crash.

View attachment 614491

What always hits me hard is anime girls are so adorable and I come back to reality thinking maybe girls can be this way, and at first I believe it because they sometimes behave nice at first but eventually you catch on to what they are and how different they are from the 2d idealisms and then you really crash.
Mutants, just look at those eyes :worryfeels:

View attachment 614491

So relatable, happens to me with videogames too. Being a recluse and socially withdrawn loser has made me spam these a lot and it's given me such wrong ideas about women. They're not at all like their idealized 2D counterparts and it was so hard to accept. Reality is always disappointing. :cryfeels::lul:

Not really harder than other things that allow me to check out of reality. As regards anime I always like to think of myself as ‘friend of’ the MC and not the MC himself. I go on this adventure with other guy like me and see all this cool shit happen to him/see him go through.

So when I do snap back to reality I have the thoughts of that adventure in my head as a lingering cope as I look at this rotting room with me in the middle. It’s like a happy memory to look back on that just ended moments ago.

TLDR: it does hit hard when coming back to reality but is offset by the lingering cope nature of having a cool story in your head.
View attachment 614491

This is what made me quit anime. I couldn't take it seeing all the self insert guys getting foids while I rot. I actually ended up despising the character you are supposed to self insert as

Most will never admit it but anime makes them even more miserable

Not all anime is the same but anime to many people is a cope like videogmes. A lot of anime's do follow the MC is weak trope but that is because people tend to relate with the underdog, been like that for a while.

it sometimes does. Nowadays I only watch anime with some psychological/adult shit going on or comedy anime. No highschool harem loser beta MC with generic trash bluepilled foids orbiting him

Naruto made you hopeful that even a loser can rise up to the highest status if he tried really hard : and then author destroyed his message by making him a Demi god reincarnation of divine figure , child of prophecy and son of one of the chad of the series :feelskek:

When i was 13-14, the scenario was similar to an highschool anime life, except that i wasted mine, i made the worst decisions, i digged my pit of loneliness, the regret kills slowly, now i can obly regret

When i was 13-14, the scenario was similar to an highschool anime life, except that i wasted mine, i made the worst decisions, i digged my pit of loneliness, the regret kills slowly, now i can obly regret
I understand, didn't watch anime when I was in highschool but wasted those years too