Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

and this is the question

nausea

nausea

Fesikh
★★★★★
powerful unevased question from Cioran:

[font=Merriweather, Georgia, serif]“Whenever I happen to be in a city of any size, I marvel that riots do not break out everyday: Massacres, unspeakable carnage, a doomsday chaos. How can so many human beings coexist in a space so confined without hating each other to death?”[/font]

nausea said:
powerful unevased question from Cioran:

[font=Merriweather, Georgia, serif]“Whenever I happen to be in a city of any size, I marvel that riots do not break out everyday: Massacres, unspeakable carnage, a doomsday chaos. How can so many human beings coexist in a space so confined without hating each other to death?”[/font]

Great quote. 
I remember some comedian who said something along the lines of, "Do you have any idea what would go on in this country if people were aware what is going on in this country!?" And that's ... yeah. To quote myself:

Red Shambhala said:
This is pretty much what psychologist Leon Festinger described as cognitive dissonance reduction. When two beliefs/opinions/observations (cognitions) contradict each other (are dissonant), people seek to reduce this dissonance. 

There were experiments with two groups of men, both having to do dull, hard and repetitive activities. One group got paid very little for their work, the other group got paid more. And the group that got paid more was less satisfied, while the group that got paid less was more satisfied. 

There was no contradiction between hard work and good pay, good pay seemed like the logical compensation for dull, hard and repetitive activities. But people who had to work hard and got paid like shit began to reduce that "dissonance" and told themselves that it's actually good work, that it's alright, that they should be happy about it and then later claimed to be more satisfied than the group who got paid more.

This explains both the "poor but happy" phenomenon as well as why the ruling class was so eager to destroy the field of psychology and turn it into a branch of big pharma. These days, psychology is only about prescriptions, about selling big pharma's drugs and drugging the symptoms away, rather than tackling the actual disease. Being aware of what social circumstances make you depressed would be dangerous for the ruling class - much better to be a sheep on drugs who believes that there are individual solutions to systemic problems.

And city life ... yeah, I think that this is yet another point where capitalist tradcucks have defeated themselves. They made and make fun of "hippies" for romanticizing nature, they don't simply disagree with the notion of climate change but hate it out of an emotional response to what they perceive to be hippie-ish etc. And yet, the destruction of nature is arguably one of the number one causes for people losing their faith. Self-described reactionary Nicolas Gomez Davila once said that the gods are land dwellers, who follow you no further than to the gates of the big cities: 

uqKFagn.jpg