Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

American Psycho (the book, not movie) is an incel story

THE TRUE DIGLET

THE TRUE DIGLET

Paragone
★★★★★
The book is written from the POV of an unreliable narrator who keeps contradicting himself, or mixing up details of basic things.

My interpretation is that the narrator (Patrick Bateman) is a wealthy, high flying yuppie who earns a shit tone of money by working at wall street after attending prestigious education establishments, like Yale, but as repressed masculinity and fustration in his vain soyciety.

The story describes a decadent and degenerate New York, and Patrick is apart of that even tho he is in a nice apartment and office with nice clothes; he disgusted by the degeneracy around him, like travis in taxi driver

He fits in his environment with other vain and shallow yuppies, but by doing so he has a lot of built up frustration and resentment and takes it out by imagining and writting about killing other people; I don't think he actually kills anyone, and he has no real deep connections or relationships with anyone, just acquaintances who just try to one up each other

He is atomized in his environment with materialistic, fake, virtue signalling, unsympathetic people around him, and his whole life is a constant mog battle over minor and dumb shit (like the business cards from the famous scene in the movie)

All this drives him to fantasizing about killing others and going er, to channel his repressed masculinity.

He also talks about sexual experiences he had, but to me they come off as larps/ fantasies.

The whole tale is wrapped in nihilism and lack of social morals

tldr its like ER's journal

I recently purchased the book physically but haven't read it yet

Might today

I recently purchased the book physically but haven't read it yet

Might today
Based if you aren't adhd and actually sit down and read it

The book is written from the POV of an unreliable narrator who keeps contradicting himself, or mixing up details of basic things.

My interpretation is that the narrator (Patrick Bateman) is a wealthy, high flying yuppie who earns a shit tone of money by working at wall street after attending prestigious education establishments, like Yale, but as repressed masculinity and fustration in his vain soyciety.

The story describes a decadent and degenerate New York, and Patrick is apart of that even tho he is in a nice apartment and office with nice clothes; he disgusted by the degeneracy around him, like travis in taxi driver

He fits in his environment with other vain and shallow yuppies, but by doing so he has a lot of built up frustration and resentment and takes it out by imagining and writting about killing other people; I don't think he actually kills anyone, and he has no real deep connections or relationships with anyone, just acquaintances who just try to one up each other

He is atomized in his environment with materialistic, fake, virtue signalling, unsympathetic people around him, and his whole life is a constant mog battle over minor and dumb shit (like the business cards from the famous scene in the movie)

All this drives him to fantasizing about killing others and going er, to channel his repressed masculinity.

He also talks about sexual experiences he had, but to me they come off as larps/ fantasies.

The whole tale is wrapped in nihilism and lack of social morals

tldr its like ER's journal
If Elliot Rodger was 6 feet and looked like Christian Bale he wouldn't be an incel.

I’m literally Patrick Bateman

Incel or not it's a terrific movie. I really like movies where the main character is the antagonist, especially if he's a serial killer, and American Psycho is one of the best of that type.

Interesting, I saw the movie but haven't read the book. Honestly not suprising the book is more based than the movie given the movie is directed by a foid.

Interesting, I saw the movie but haven't read the book. Honestly not suprising the book is more based than the movie given the movie is directed by a foid.
The book is basically a guy who thinks of going er, but never does; basically describes most users on here

I just read a few pages where Patrick is being addressed with pet names by Evelyn, is supposed gf, and is feels emasculated by it, so he mutters about how he is dangerous killer and shit, but never actually says it out loud.

Also, its implied that Patrick's gf is cheating on him with someone else, but I infer that its patrick who is tryna cuck her actual bf; I don't think patrick actually as a gf, but he schizo maxxes into thinking that he does, and that his ''gf'' is cheating on him

idk just a thought

He comes of as an introverted beta tbh

im working on an audiobook