Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL American Psycho is relatable

SlayerSlayer

SlayerSlayer

COMPLY WITH MY FUCKING pronoun (it)
★★★★★
American Psycho is one of my favorite movies. You can watch it over and over, and always be entertained. Even though the protagonist, Patrick Bateman, is a total Chad, in some ways I can relate to him. I can relate to his feeling of total emptiness, outside of the emotions of disgust and greed. I can relate to his empty pursuit of materialist obsessions and looksmaxxing. It's like we do it for the sake of merely filling a void because more virtuous things like friendship, altruism, or requited love is not an option for us. I can relate to how he enthusiastically likes to talk about serial killers and genocide, or rather how it just comes out by accident sometimes, but no one notices or really sees me enough of a threat to care. My mind is mostly preoccupied with insanely jealous thoughts about who is better than me, and why, and also unimportant things like pant lengths not being perfect, or unimportant facts about Bach. I spend a lot of my job hours pretending to work or just goofing off drawing something psychotic and get away with it. Patrick's character is also kind of a go-with-the-flow sort of guy among his social circle- I would be the kind of person to just go along with being called a name that isn't my own just for appearances. I am also known among people who are acquainted with me to be an incredibly boring, spineless chap, with no remarkable personality traits whatsoever.

Last edited:
I want to watch it soon.

i still do not know if he really killed those people

Screenshot 20200121 004135

Made me remember my old avi

I gotta watch it now

it's an epic meditation on intangibility

Just be a 6 ft white investment banker from Harvard bro

yes man he went ape

I the book he kills a kid at the zoo

Not to me. I don't relate to a dark triad chad. I'm an emotional beta male.
i still do not know if he really killed those people
Of course he did. He was out of his mind crazy on cocaine all the time.

Last edited:
American Psycho is one of my favorite movies. You can watch it over and over, and always be entertained. Even though the protagonist, Patrick Bateman, is a total Chad, in some ways I can relate to him. I can relate to his feeling of total emptiness, outside of the emotions of disgust and greed. I can relate to his empty pursuit of materialist obsessions and looksmaxxing. It's like we do it for the sake of merely filling a void because more virtuous things like friendship, altruism, or requited love is not an option for us. I can relate to how he enthusiastically likes to talk about serial killers and genocide, or rather how it just comes out by accident sometimes, but no one notices or really sees me enough of a threat to care. My mind is mostly preoccupied with insanely jealous thoughts about who is better than me, and why, and also unimportant things like pant lengths not being perfect, or unimportant facts about Bach. I spend a lot of my job hours pretending to work or just goofing off drawing something psychotic and get away with it. Patrick's character is also kind of a go-with-the-flow sort of guy among his social circle- I would be the kind of person to just go along with being called a name that isn't my own just for appearances. I am also known among people who are acquainted with me to be an incredibly boring, spineless chap, with no remarkable personality traits whatsoever.
Start meditating, practice Stoicism etc. No wonder you feel like shit.

You're not supposed to find him relatable!!!:soy:

Just downloaded it. Going to watch this rn.

Pat

This is me. Literally me. No other character can come close to relating to me like this. There is no way you can convince me this is not me. This character could not possibly be anymore me. It's me, and nobody can convince me otherwise. If anyone approached me on the topic of this not possibly being me, then I immediately shut them down with overwhelming evidence that this character is me. This character is me, it is indisputable. Why anyone would try to argue that this character is not me is beyond me. If you held two pictures of me and this character side by side, you'd see no difference. I can safely look at this character every day and say "Yup, that's me". I can practically see this character every time I look at myself in the mirror. I go outside and people stop me to comment how similar I look and act to this character. I chuckle softly as I'm assured everyday this character is me in every way. I can smile each time I get out of bed every morning knowing that I've found my identity with this character and I know my place in this world. It's really quite funny how similar this character is to me, it's almost like we're identical twins. When I first saw this character, I had an existential crisis. What if this character was the real me and I was the fictional being. What if this character actual became aware of my existence? Did this character have the ability to become self aware itself?

I saw it last night. I think its more of a black comedy than a horror movie. When I said I found it funny to people I know irl they seemed freaked out. But yeah I can kinda get him

I saw it last night. I think its more of a black comedy than a horror movie. When I said I found it funny to people I know irl they seemed freaked out. But yeah I can kinda get him
It's supposed to be a black comedy. When the book first came out, everyone read it literally, and feminists tried to get it banned. When Oliver Stone and Leo DiCaprio were attached originally, they were gonna interpret the book as a serious snuff film, Leo's agent talked him out of the project, but later a liberal femoid lesbo directed it, insisting Bale take on the lead (as he naturally thought his character was funny) and I wouldn't want it any other way :soy:

I didn't like that movie ngl.

American Psycho is one of my favorite movies. You can watch it over and over, and always be entertained. Even though the protagonist, Patrick Bateman, is a total Chad, in some ways I can relate to him. I can relate to his feeling of total emptiness, outside of the emotions of disgust and greed. I can relate to his empty pursuit of materialist obsessions and looksmaxxing. It's like we do it for the sake of merely filling a void because more virtuous things like friendship, altruism, or requited love is not an option for us.

It's like we do it for the sake of merely filling a void because more virtuous things like friendship, altruism, or requited love is not an option for us.
You might be on to something,because in his environment,the yippie culture of the 80s,Patrick Bateman couldnt also show any of those characteristics or traits such as altruism even if he wanted to,in fact most of the characters dont show any of those things,all of the social interactions are based around meaningless consumerism and social status (e.g who has access to the most hip restaurant,whose haircut is that tiny bit better than someone elses)
We actually might be suffering from the same woes Bateman does,but cope in a different way.

Sorry for the necro.
@Sportbro thought

I can't get past the fact it's directed by a foid.

Very good movie and book

tenor.gif

i should rewatch it tbh

I can't get past the fact it's directed by a foid.
I take the high road and judge art by it's merit, NOT WHO THEY ARE AS A PERSON like most SJWs

among my favorite books

I take the high road and judge art by it's merit, NOT WHO THEY ARE AS A PERSON like most SJWs
No, but it's always at the back of my mind.
The movie plays like a commentary against toxic masculinity with this knowledge.

No, but it's always at the back of my mind.
The movie plays like a commentary against toxic masculinity with this knowledge.
Art should be interpreted however you feel like, I fucking hate people that think there's an "objective" way to interpret art. To me it's simply a character study about the emptiness of man and his existential relationship with consumer capitalism

Art should be interpreted however you feel like, I fucking hate people that think there's an "objective" way to interpret art. To me it's simply a character study about the emptiness of man and his existential relationship with consumer capitalism

But the director meant something by the way she staged the scenes.
The scene where they are comparing business cards -- it's a dick measuring contest and meant to be laughed at. She is laughing at masculinity behind the camera.

Some people watch Fight Club and think it supports anarchy or Starship Troopers and think it supports fascism.
Those are wrong interpretations. There's a limit to the subjectivity of interpretation.

In this case, Ellis, the writer of the book meant something as he wrote it, but that meaning got warped as soon as a foid took the reins of the film. Same with Starship Troopers, in which the meaning became inverted.

Do you agree that, in general, it's wise to avoid media created by foids in general?
I agree with you in principle but not when it comes to foids.

its a great movie i agree

Not relatable, bateman is too low inhib compared to your average incel
great movie though

IDK why i dont have that moved saved.. I didnt like it that much, but i always enjoyed it in a odd way.

I suggest you watch nightcrawler.