Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Am I the only one who finds it difficult to watch movies/listen to music nowadays?

Pengwin

Pengwin

Inhabitant of the Antarctic circle
-
It does drive me to insanity when every movie/music video needs to have a romantic interest shoehorned into it, deep down it annoys the crap out of me. Especially if they are being “lovey dovey” (blegh). Whenever I see a couple like that, i will just tell myself that it's impossible for me anyway so that i don't ever get any false hope of ever achieving one. And be disappointed about it.
I wouldn't even be able to have a social media account for this reason. Too bad I can’t take a break from work. I don’t even know these people and I hate seeing them with someone. It'd be nice to take a break from life, honestly. Really theres so much to be said on the subject, so many ways to reflect on the experience of being envious of other peoples seemingly easy lives.
I don't know, I'm just ranting now.

It does drive me to insanity when every movie/music video needs to have a romantic interest shoehorned into it, deep down it annoys the crap out of me. Especially if they are being “lovey dovey” (blegh). Whenever I see a couple like that, i will just tell myself that it's impossible for me anyway so that i don't ever get any false hope of ever achieving one. And be disappointed about it.
I wouldn't even be able to have a social media account for this reason. Too bad I can’t take a break from work. I don’t even know these people and I hate seeing them with someone. It'd be nice to take a break from life, honestly. Really theres so much to be said on the subject, so many ways to reflect on the experience of being envious of other peoples seemingly easy lives.
I don't know, I'm just ranting now.

Yeah I can't even watch Scooby Doo shows anymore because of the running gags between Daphne and random Chads.
Brutal scoobysnackspill.

I never liked watching movies tbh

You are in the blackpill rage phase. It will take some time.

Yeah I can't even watch Scooby Doo shows anymore because of the running gags between Daphne and random Chads.
Brutal scoobysnackspill.
Tbh, also hate the way when I was a kid cartoon network used to have these Johnny bravo X dextors lavatory marathons during the summer holidays.
Literally 30 mins of gigachad, followed by 30 mins of trustemcel, from 6am to midnight!!! :lul:

With movies I agree. Even horror movies are filled with romance and female leading actors.

movies and music have gotten shittier
i'm hoping that the 2020s or 2030s will make it great again

Listening to music yes, watching movies no.