Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Alimony: MGTOW cope

Angry_runt

Angry_runt

Cursed OGcel
★★★★★
In the US there's currently around 450,000 women (source, source) receiving alimony.
That's 0.17% of the US population.

So if you put a thousand US adults in a room, you'll get 2 women receiving alimony, 2 men paying alimony and the other 996 not having anything to do with it.

But when MGTOW-type people talk about marriage, they always mention alimony like it's a big problem. I mean it can be if you marry a bum with no income, but that's on you.

Knowing this and assuming you wouldn't significantly out earn your wife, why wouldn't you get married if you had the chance?

There could be one guy paying alimony to 3 different women. :feelskek:

Yeah, lots of incels just carry their baggage from red pill. It's hard to accept the fact that only you, the incel, have it bad.
I personally wouldn't mind being in a marriage, even if it's shitty. Millions of people deal with that just fine.

this is totally false when considering the fact divorce rate is above 50% in almost all western countries these days. one has a higher chance of divorce than a succesful marriage
Most get remarried

Marriage is cucked

Even while married/dating, you're still betabuxxing (paying rent/bills/food etc) lol

It's not just alimony but palimony (division of assets) as well.

Alimony is becoming rare. It depends on where you live but it's not super common anymore, at least not if the wife works. Palimony and child support are still very common though and are just as unfair.

Women do not only spend their own money, but spend their husbands' and boyfriends' as well. 70% of consumer spending is done by women. Where do you think that extra money coming from? MEN. When a man gets divorce-raped, all the money he invested in his wife in the hope of keeping her happy and loyal is lost.

MGTOWs are right that marriage is risky for most men.

Last edited:
But where do those assets come from? If you own a house coming into the marriage or you inherit the house during the marriage, that's not marital property and is not subject to division of assets.

Women do not only spend their own money, but spend their husbands, and boyfriends as well. 70% of consumer spending is done by women. Where do you think that extra money coming from? MEN.
Yeah but that's mostly because women tend to do more childcare and shit around the house. It's not like they eat 70% of the food and drive 70% of the cars.

When a man gets divorce-raped, all the money he invested in his wife in the hope of keeping her happy and loyal is lost.
But divorce-rape is pretty rare because on average men don't earn much more than women.

I'd say they're overstating the risks based on a few outliers and ignoring almost all marriages which end up with neither spouse much better or worse off.

But where do those assets come from? If you own a house coming into the marriage or you inherit the house during the marriage, that's not marital property and is not subject to division of assets.

Any money earned during the course of the marriage, and things bought with that money, are split between the wife and the husband. If the house was yours before the marriage then it won't be subject to division.

The contract need not be explicit, but can be implied. So, if you are cohabitating and understand the relationship to be serious and long term, and your partner breaks up with you, you retain economic liability if you were the primary earner and had invested more heavily in joint assets.

In theory, you can get around the issue of palimony through a cohabitation agreement or a prenup. But as is the case with all US contracts, unconscionability is a problem. That is to say, if any provision of a contract is deemed unconscionable, the court has the authority to nullify it. Since the court has broad latitude in determining what crosses that ill-defined line, you have no assurance that your agreement will be upheld and provide you its intended protection.

Yeah but that's mostly because women tend to do more childcare and shit around the house. It's not like they eat 70% of the food and drive 70% of the cars.

It includes everything bought for themselves and for the household. Even though women do not earn most of that money, they make the decisions on how it is spent.

Women make the decision in the purchases of 94% of home furnishings…92% of vacations…91% of homes… 60% of automobiles…51% of consumer electronics. Women also spend a lot of money on stuff like clothes, shoes, makeup etc. Men who refuse to let their wives make most decisions and spend a lot of their money are more likely to get divorced and to have marital problems.

But divorce-rape is pretty rare because on average men don't earn much more than women.
It sounds like you're confusing single men with married men. Married men earn much more than married women on average.

MW-GQ274_marria_20180918154803_NS.jpg

Most women are not even net tax payers. They're an economic drain, so either a husband, a father, or the state has to take care of them.
I'd say they're overstating the risks based on a few outliers and ignoring almost all marriages which end up with neither spouse much better or worse off.

Divorced men are usually worse off than divorced women. They have the highest suicide rate of any group, while divorced women are usually pretty happy.

A lot of times it's not the alimony, but the child support is what the courts destroy guys with. Like those whores who fuck NBA players, get pregnant, and then get multimillion dollar yearly salaries to raise the child. They'll make a child support payment like 60% of the man's salary.

Dude are you really pro marriage? :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

To be honest, I didn't know that. I thought the risk was much higher because I wasn't looking at the actual statistics.

Regardless, marriage is cucked because it's some risk for no reward. The benefits that used to come from marriage are long gone.

Alimony is becoming rare. It depends on where you live but it's not super common anymore, at least not if the wife works. Palimony and child support are still very common though and are just as unfair.

Women do not only spend their own money, but spend their husbands' and boyfriends' as well. 70% of consumer spending is done by women. Where do you think that extra money coming from? MEN. When a man gets divorce-raped, all the money he invested in his wife in the hope of keeping her happy and loyal is lost.

This is another thing I didn't take into account. So, not only is marriage some risk for no reward, but it also has a price (or requires an investment) regardless of how lucky you are.

Last edited:
Yeah but what about child support? That's even worse and probably higher numbers. Foids are getting paid money just to SHIT out babies :shock:

Yeah but what about child support? That's even worse and probably higher numbers. Foids are getting paid money just to SHIT out babies :shock:
If a foid wanted to have my kid (confirmed with a paternity test), I'd be fine with paying child support. I wouldn't even need a court order, of course I'd want my kids to have what they need.

If a foid wanted to have my kid (confirmed with a paternity test), I'd be fine with paying child support. I wouldn't even need a court order, of course I'd want my kids to have what they need.
Would you care if you didnt have the ability to raise your kid but were treated like an ATM?

Would you care if you didnt have the ability to raise your kid but were treated like an ATM?
I would care of course, but I'd want my kids to be taken care of even if I couldn't raise them. What's the alternative?
I'm probably biased because I never had money problems.