Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill ADHD ruins my life 100x worse than my ugliness

ADHD_cel

ADHD_cel

Vita fortuna est; aut eam habest aut ea carest.
★★★★★
Don’t get me wrong, I agree it’s looks that primarily determines whether you’re incel or not, but having ADHD makes my life 100% worse than being unattractive. In fact, my current ugliness is largely a result of my ADHD.

A lot of people think ADHD just means you can’t pay attention in school or workplace, that’s actually kinda manageable especially you have high IQ. The emotional/social component is a whole different story:

Overall impact of ADHD on social interactions

It is not difficult to understand the reasons why individuals with ADHD often struggle in social situations. Interacting successfully with peers and significant adults is one of the most important aspects of a child’s development, yet 50 to 60 percent of children with ADHD have difficulty with peer relationships. Over 25 percent of Americans experience chronic loneliness. One can only speculate that the figure is much higher for adults with ADHD.

To interact effectively with others, an individual must be attentive, responsible and able to control impulsive behaviors. Adults with ADHD are often inattentive and forgetful and typically lack impulse control. Because ADHD is an “invisible disability,” often unrecognized by those who may be unfamiliar with the disorder, socially inappropriate behaviors that are the result of ADHD symptoms are often attributed to other causes. That is, people often perceive these behaviors and the individual who commits them as rude, self-centered, irresponsible, lazy, ill-mannered, and a host of other negative personality attributes. Over time, such negative labels lead to social rejection of the individual with ADHD. Social rejection causes emotional pain in the lives of many of the children and adults who have ADHD and can create havoc and lower self-esteem throughout the life span. In relationships and marriages, the inappropriate social behavior may anger the partner or spouse without ADHD, who may eventually “burn out” and give up on the relationship or marriage.

Educating individuals with ADHD, their significant others, and their friends about ADHD and the ways in which it affects social skills and interpersonal behaviors can help alleviate much of the conflict and blame. At the same time, the individual with ADHD needs to learn strategies to become as proficient as possible in the area of social skills. With proper assessment, treatment and education, individuals with ADHD can learn to interact with others effectively in a way that enhances their
social life.

ADHD and the acquisition of social skills

Social skills are generally acquired through incidental learning: watching people, copying the behavior of others, practicing, and getting feedback. Most people start this process during early childhood. Social skills are practiced and honed by “playing grown-up” and through other childhood activities. The finer points of social interactions are sharpened by observation and peer feedback.

Children with ADHD often miss these details. They may pick up bits and pieces of what is appropriate but lack an overall view of social expectations. Unfortunately, as adults, they often realize “something” is missing but are never quite sure what that “something” may be.

Social acceptance can be viewed as a spiral going up or down. Individuals who exhibit appropriate social skills are rewarded with more acceptance from those with whom they interact and are encouraged to develop even better social skills. For those with ADHD, the spiral often goes downward. Their lack of social skills leads to peer rejection, which then limits opportunities to learn social skills, which leads to more rejection, and so on. Social punishment includes rejection, avoidance, and other, less subtle means of exhibiting one’s disapproval towards another person.

It is important to note that people do not often let the offending individual know the nature of the social violation. Pointing out that a social skill error is being committed is often considered socially inappropriate. Thus, people are often left on their own to try to improve their social skills without understanding exactly what areas need improvement.

Research on children with ADHD and social skills

Researchers have found that the social challenges of children with ADHD include disturbed relationships with their peers, difficulty making and keeping friends, and deficiencies in appropriate social behavior. Long-term outcome studies suggest that these problems continue into adolescence and adulthood and impede the social adjustment of adults with ADHD.

At first, these difficulties of children with ADHD were conceptualized as a deficit in appropriate social skills, such that the children had not acquired the appropriate social behaviors. Based upon this model, social skills training, which is commonly conducted with groups of children, became a widely accepted treatment modality. In the typical social skills training group, the therapist targets specific social behaviors, provides verbal instructions and demonstrations of the target behavior, and coaches the children to role-play the target behaviors with one another. The therapist also provides positive feedback and urges the group to provide positive feedback to one another for using the appropriate social behavior. The children are instructed to apply their newly acquired skills in their daily lives.

More recently, ADHD has been re-conceptualized as an impairment of the executive or controlling functions of the brain. It follows from this conceptualization that the social deficits of the individual with ADHD may not be primarily the result of a lack of social skills, but rather a lack of efficiency in reliably using social skills that have already been acquired. Social skills training addresses the lack of skills, but does not address inefficient use of existing skills. Medication produces direct changes in the executive function of the brain and may therefore help children with ADHD more reliably use newly acquired social skills. Researchers have also added components to social skills training that help children with ADHD reliably apply what they have learned in various settings. To accomplish this goal, parents and teachers are trained to prompt and reinforce children with ADHD to use newly acquired social skills at home and in school.

Only a small number of controlled investigations have studied the effectiveness of social skills training for children with ADHD. These studies have found that social skills training improves the children’s knowledge of social skills and improves their social behavior at home as judged by parents, and these positive changes last up to the 3 or 4 month follow-up periods in the studies. However, these changes only partially generalize to school and other environments.

Researchers have also found that embedding social skills training within an intensive behavioral intervention, such as a specialized summer camp program, is a highly effective way of increasing the chances that the children will maintain and generalize the gains that they have made. There is no research yet that addresses the question of whether children with ADHD who benefit from social skills training have more friends, are better accepted by their peers, and have better interpersonal relationships as they move into adolescence and adulthood. Clearly, this is an area where more research is necessary.

I didn’t get diagnosed until recently (I’m a 30 year old virgin), and it feels like a huge revelation as to why I’ve always been such an insufferable social pariah. Throughout my life I’ve made so many people who initially wanted to befriend me my enemies by not listening, interrupting, saying weird things out of context, being forgetful etc. Oh yeah, ADHD also gives me executive dysfunction which is why I fit the archetypal “not showering” incel meme so sometimes my smell and dirty hair were off putting enough JFL.

As for foids, surely none of them were initially attracted to me in my younger years (I had some flaws like big forehead, thin neck, small frame/wrists etc.), but they weren’t immediately repulsed by me either unless I had severe acne. But without a chad face to compensate, my social retardedness just made them hate me way more than NTs who were uglier than me. I also lacked the social awareness and executive function to make the slightest effort to looksmax.

So here I am, 30 year old, nw3, 7 rotten teeth from not brushing, permanently aged skin from not doing skincare + constant depression and anxiety, eye bags, skinny fat, asymmetrical face. Not only foids will never want me but I have zero male friends either because I’m socially so inept. The only good thing is that my special talent somehow allows me to work freelance without interacting with NTs irl. I’ve given up on any further self improvement and just wait until I can’t cope anymore and I’ll rope.

Fuck being born non NT without a chad face.

Fellow adhd cel here, I hear you brocel, it does fuck with you.

Fellow adhd cel here, I hear you brocel, it does fuck with you.
Have you been medicated? I’m diagnosed so late I don’t bother trying anymore.

Have you been medicated? I’m diagnosed so late I don’t bother trying anymore.
Yes, but for now the doctor didn't give me any prescription because the pill that I got which is Concerta fuck with my appetite.

I have no appetite on eating due to my gastric and it's gonna be worse with that medication. Anxiety also fuck me over and due to my gastric it increase ten fold.

Yes, but for now the doctor didn't give me any prescription because the pill that I got which is Concerta fuck with my appetite.

I have no appetite on eating due to my gastric and it's gonna be worse with that medication. Anxiety also fuck me over and due to my gastric it increase ten fold.
That’s brutal :feelscry: How much did Concerta help with your attention and social skills?

I’ve developed my own copes to hyperfocus academically and professionally without med but socially I’m still a 12 year old kid.

2BaXNYs.png

:p

I don't quite remember how the pill affects me as I have not taking it for a very long time, also about social skill jfl, I've been neeting since covid start lol, I barely went out from house and basically a shut in for this two years.

The only person I speak toward to is my family and my friend from school once in a while(online) or people from gym asking for instruction on how to use the gym machine, I did made gymbros though. I have to start school back next year so we will see how fucked my social skills gonna be.

Right now I'm basically falling back to my shit sleep schedule which is sleeping on 1am or 12 am and waking at 1pm, trying to fix it because my school will starts soon and if I fuck this up again like I did before it's over for me. I'm basically gonna end up as shut in

Don’t get me wrong, I agree it’s looks that primarily determines whether you’re incel or not, but having ADHD makes my life 100% worse than being unattractive. In fact, my current ugliness is largely a result of my ADHD.

A lot of people think ADHD just means you can’t pay attention in school or workplace, that’s actually kinda manageable especially you have high IQ. The emotional/social component is a whole different story:

I didn’t get diagnosed until recently (I’m a 30 year old virgin), and it feels like a huge revelation as to why I’ve always been such an insufferable social pariah. Throughout my life I’ve made so many people who initially wanted to befriend me my enemies by not listening, interrupting, saying weird things out of context, being forgetful etc. Oh yeah, ADHD also gives me executive dysfunction which is why I fit the archetypal “not showering” incel meme so sometimes my smell and dirty hair were off putting enough JFL.

As for foids, surely none of them were initially attracted to me in my younger years (I had some flaws like big forehead, thin neck, small frame/wrists etc.), but they weren’t immediately repulsed by me either unless I had severe acne. But without a chad face to compensate, my social retardedness just made them hate me way more than NTs who were uglier than me. I also lacked the social awareness and executive function to make the slightest effort to looksmax.

So here I am, 30 year old, nw3, 7 rotten teeth from not brushing, permanently aged skin from not doing skincare + constant depression and anxiety, eye bags, skinny fat, asymmetrical face. Not only foids will never want me but I have zero male friends either because I’m socially so inept. The only good thing is that my special talent somehow allows me to work freelance without interacting with NTs irl. I’ve given up on any further self improvement and just wait until I can’t cope anymore and I’ll rope.

What's your special talent?

I have ADD from a brain lesion.

Background​

Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a common behavioral and neurocognitive disorder in school-age children. Methylphenidate (MPH) is the most frequently prescribed CNS stimulant for ADHD. The aim of this study is to evaluate the changes in intelligence quotient and domains of neurocognitive function after long-term MPH treatment of Taiwanese children with ADHD.

Methods​

The Wechsler Intelligence Scale (WISC-III) was administrated twice at an interval of at least one year for all 171 subjects (6–12 years) and 47 age- and gender-matched children without ADHD. The ADHD-Rating scale and Clinical Global Impression-Severity (CGI-S) were also used at the time of enrolment, and at 6 months and one year later.

Results​

Taiwanese children with ADHD had lower Verbal IQ (VIQ) and Full IQ (FIQ) and performed poorly on several subtests of the WISC-III, including Similarities, Vocabulary, and Coding, compared to healthy children without ADHD. After one year of MPH treatment, significant decrements in all scores of the ADHD-Rating scale and CGI-S and increments in several domains of the WISC-III, including FIQ, VIQ, PIQ, Perceptual Organization Index (POI), Picture Completion, Picture Arrangement, Object Assembly, and Digit Span were observed. When the ADHD children under MPH treatment were subdivided into two age groups (6–8 years and 9–12 years), significantly better performance in some subtests and subscales of the WISC-III (such as Similarities, Comprehension, and Object assembly) was found in the 6–8 years age group.

Conclusions​

Long-term MPH treatment may improve the neurocognitive profiles of the ADHD children, as seen in their performance in several subtests and in the IQ scores on the WISC-III. And this improvement had no correlation with the decrement of ADHD symptoms. Starting stimulant treatment at as young an age as possible is advised due to the greater benefits in the 6–8 years age group, as seen in this study. More research in this area is also needed to confirm these results.

Measurements​

Since executive function could be screened by the WISC [9], we chose this psychometric measurement to evaluate the neurocognitive performance of ADHD and healthy children. After the initial screening, all the eligible children were administered the WISC-III [24] by experienced child psychologists. The ADHD-Rating scale [25] and Clinical Global Impression-Severity (CGI-S) [26] were also scored simultaneously by an experienced child psychiatrist.

The WISC-III is a standardized intelligence test suitable for children and adolescents aged 6–16 years. It contains 13 subtests, namely Information, Similarities, Arithmetic, Vocabulary, Comprehension, Digit Span, Picture Completion, Coding, Picture Arrangement, Block Design, Object Assembly, Symbol Search and Maze. VIQ, PIQ and full IQ (FIQ), and their scores can be calculated based on these subtests. The verbal comprehension index (VCI), perceptual organization index (POI), freedom from distractibility index (FDI), and processing speed index (PSI) were also calculated from these subtests. The WISC-III was used when the participants first enrolled in the study. Repeated WISC-III tests were administered for those who stayed in the study and received CNS stimulant treatment for one year. The second WISC-III test was administered at least one year from the first test. All participants were free from medication for at least one week prior to the first and the second administration of the WISC-III.

what is your special talent is it art or coding

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

the definitons of communication INVOLVE LOOKISM

IN THE WIKI OF SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY
  1. Communication: includes credibility, expertise, trustworthiness, and attractiveness

JJJJJFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLL

I have ADHD & Autism bro lmfao. It fucking sucks

Not brushing? Tbh you just sound like a lazy bastard who's blaming mental illness for everything. I have ADHD too and I brush my teeth.

I have ADHD & Autism bro lmfao. It fucking sucks
How does it feel lol? Are you more prone to routine or chaos?
Not brushing? Tbh you just sound like a lazy bastard who's blaming mental illness for everything. I have ADHD too and I brush my teeth.
That depends on the severity of your ADHD or on how many things you hyperfocus. My personal hygiene deteriorated a lot after I had become hyper fixated on study.

That depends on the severity of your ADHD or on how many things you hyperfocus. My personal hygiene deteriorated a lot after I had become hyper fixated on study.
Oh. Makes sense.

Chaos. I can’t sit still, I pick my lips, always moving my legs, I used to be lower inhib in 7th and 8th and a little bit of 9th but after that I’m super high inhib. High inhib is due to quarantine but it was starting to be apart of me before. I can’t focus and pay attention on anything school related I don’t wanna do. I always wander around and stim by pacing around sometimes running around while listening to something or tossing an object

Lack of executive function exacerbates ugliness. I used to have a 15 in neck and after rotting in my room and not eating or moving enough it is 12.5 in. It will take me a long time focusing on neck training to restore my neck circumference to normal.

Lack of executive function exacerbates ugliness. I used to have a 15 in neck and after rotting in my room and not eating or moving enough it is 12.5 in. It will take me a long time focusing on neck training to restore my neck circumference to normal.

you took the neck pill. very well

great post. ADHD is a terrble bane to existance.

Chaos. I can’t sit still, I pick my lips, always moving my legs, I used to be lower inhib in 7th and 8th and a little bit of 9th but after that I’m super high inhib. High inhib is due to quarantine but it was starting to be apart of me before. I can’t focus and pay attention on anything school related I don’t wanna do. I always wander around and stim by pacing around sometimes running around while listening to something or tossing an object

describes me to a tee. brutal...the restlessness gets worse in the evening, and anxiety is just crippling at times..especialyl before certain events

100%. I could’ve probably ascended as a teen if I had done skincare, worked out, found a haircut for me, and learned how to interact with people instead of rotting and binge eating. Now it’s beyond over for me.

100%. I could’ve probably ascended as a teen if I had done skincare, worked out, found a haircut for me, and learned how to interact with people instead of rotting and binge eating. Now it’s beyond over for me.
Do you take medication for it? I was diagnosed this year and I was too concerned about the potential side effects to go on meds.

Do you take medication for it? I was diagnosed this year and I was too concerned about the potential side effects to go on meds.
No, been diagnosed only recently. Side effect is one thing but most importantly it's already too late to try.

describes me to a tee. brutal...the restlessness gets worse in the evening, and anxiety is just crippling at times..especialyl before certain events
Yea it’s awful

Glad this forum recognizes how bad adhd is, nowadays basically every zoomer is diagnosed with it by their jew doctors, despite most of them being literally nt. Its very hard to receive accommodations if you have it for real

Glad this forum recognizes how bad adhd is, nowadays basically every zoomer is diagnosed with it by their jew doctors, despite most of them being literally nt. Its very hard to receive accommodations if you have it for real
Now they diagnose any boy with healthy amount of energy as having ADHD, because they can't get them to sit still and endure the torture of the gynocentric brainwashing facilities aka school. IDK if ADHD is even a real disorder or there are just higher degrees of resistance to the brainwashing.

Now they diagnose any boy with healthy amount of energy as having ADHD, because they can't get them to sit still and endure the torture of the gynocentric brainwashing facilities aka school. IDK if ADHD is even a real disorder or there are just higher degrees of resistance to the brainwashing.
Nah man, it’s real for sure, and to be clear, there are 3 kinds of adhd. Inattentive, hyperactive, and combined. Combined type is the one basically all kids get diagnosed with nowadays and hyperactive is basically just NT with more energy, hence why some people here have claimed that adhd is a chad trait. Inattentive is the one I have and I believe it’s the only one that counts unless you have been diagnosed as combined but still act inattentive

Something can be done about ADHD though right? Costs money of course but not like surgery some people do to their faces. Or maybe/probably you’ve tried therapies and hence this post. Or maybe there is only so much that can be done I dunno.

Is ADHD (along with many other “mental illnesses”) even real? Don’t get me wrong, I know you are suffering from something and doctors around you may have labeled it ADHD or depression or whatever but I have a hard time believing as most doctors seem like salesman to me.

I say this as a person that’s also been “diagnosed” with ADHD and has gotten medication for it.

I think most “mental illnesses” are caused by environmental factors and a result of us living unnatural lives. It’s not what our biological bodies were built for so of course our brains are freaking out.

You tried to get Ritalin?