Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel ACNE-CELS GTFIH!

Incel Gamer

Incel Gamer

In a relationship with my Xbox
I used to have really bad acne from 15-20 years old. It was cystic acne too! Sometimes I would get pe sized bumps of puss on my back and neck. (Not really my face though). But my face had a lot of blackheads, whiteheads, and scabs from me popping previous pimples. It was horrible. I looked like a literal goblin.

The thing is, my face wasn't that greasy. I actually had good hygiene. I wasn't a "dirty inkwell" like people would say. I took 2 showers a day, washed my hands constantly, and cut my fingernails.

I also had a relatively good diet. Sure, I drank soda but I drank more water than soda. And I ate healthy food like vegetables and fruits. But nothing helped! My acne was still bad!

So my mom bought all these different ointments and creams for me. I tried about 4 different products for a few months - nothing. I even tried Proactiv, the "9/10 dermatologist recommended" bullshit they advertise on TV all the time. Still nothing.

Finally, I went to a dermatologist and the doctor told me my cystic acne wasn't caused by bad hygiene or diet. It was genetic. I got it from my dad. Which was true because my dad also had cystic acne when he was my age.

So he told me try Accutane (former name) or Amnesteem as they call it now. Amnesteem is not an antibiotic or antibacterial medicine. It uses isotretinoin which is derived from vitamin-A. Basically, it's a concentrated dose of vitamin-A. What it does is permanently shrinks your skin pores (sebaceous glands) so that the oil (sebum) can't be produced anymore.

There are serious side effects that come with taking isotretinoin. My nose bled almost every day. My skin started getting dry and flaky (the medicine does dry your skin afterall), chapped lips every day, I got stomach aches, and I got depressed and had no energy. Isotretinoin does cause mood changes and suicidal thoughts. But I already had suicidal thoughts so I figured "why not?".

Anyway, I took 1 pill a day for 6 months and it changed my life. My acne is completely gone. My skin is completely clear. Even some of my scarring went away (not all). It's been 3 years and no signs of acne!!!

I know that some guys can get acne well into their 30's. If you're acnecel you should ask your dermatologist about isotretinoin drugs. The side effects were horrible but it was worth it. You looks might even go up by 1 point.

I had acne when I was young but don't really deal with it anymore. I just have to treat the scarring

Everyone already knows that accutane stops acne, the real problem is the scars :feelsrope:

Everyone already knows that accutane stops acne, the real problem is the scars :feelsrope:
Yeah scars are permanent. For example i don't have acne scars but i have strech marks that no amount of laser surgeries can fully fix. Permanent scars are death sentence.

Luckily I took it before the worst phase of acne that leaves deep scars so I only have light scarring and slight redness. I have some bumps left over on my back though and had white spots everywhere which luckily went away after a few years.

Yeah it works wonders. I didn't get the side effects as bad as you did. No nose bleeds, I did get slightly chapped lips and my skin would get kind of dry. My skin and hair were oily to begin with, I think that's why. Also my doctor told me to reduce the dosage temporarily if my skin got too dry, which I did.

I hope to hell my acne stops being a thing when I’m older

Isotretinoin does cause mood changes and suicidal thoughts. But I already had suicidal thoughts so I figured "why not?".
I literally had this exact same thought process when I decided to get on Accutane JFL

tip: whenever your dermatologist asks you something like "Have you been having any suicidal thoughts?" you should just say no. they will most likely lower your dosage or stop the treatment completely if you say yes