Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

a useless thread about WESTERN ANIMATION

A Good Friend

A Good Friend

True Force Loneliness
This isn't /a/. Feel free to share western animation if you still love the silly shit.

(started this thread so @Kointo and I would stop derailing @nausea 's thread, we don't want to wake up to a 747 in our living rooms)

52b0e5ff51d35d4fc649c7f08290c235.jpg

52ff10566fd00.gif

I love Occidental anime.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiWLMKwhVUc[/video]

dardycunt said:
I love Occidental anime.

[videoyoutube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiWLMKwhVUc[/video]

LIFE...ife....ife...ife

Disney

Phineas and Ferb: very easy to watch for adults, one of the better written cartoons
Gravity Falls: ditto, but only two seasons
Star vs The Forces of Evil: a little tumblr-ish, but very enjoyable and unique

Cartoon Network

Regular Show: relevant to twenty-somethings, very influenced by eighties and nineties culture
Adventure Time: hipster sjw heaven, should suck but it doesn't at all
The Amazing World of Gumball: unique, actually funny
Teen Titans Go!: doesn't deserve the hate, drops blackpills

extremely relevant blackpill dropped at 2:05 - end
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/4UqivfqI8Rk?t=2m5s[/video]

maxresdefault.jpg

Watch Elements nigga

It was worth rewatching the entire show to catch up to it.

Disney is a fail  attmept at anime

More animation blackpills

Blackpill at 1:40

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGd5-A4VT04[/video]

A Good Friend said:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGd5-A4VT04[/video]

Wendy's a bitch. Is that her name? I haven't watched Gravity Falls in a while, but she represents the hypocrisy of most females.

Kointo said:
A Good Friend said:
[videoyoutube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGd5-A4VT04[/video]
Wendy's a bitch. Is that her name? I haven't watched Gravity Falls in a while, but she represents the hypocrisy of most females.

The real tragedy is the lack of decent r34. They're always exaggerating her proportions.

A Good Friend said:
The real tragedy is the lack of decent r34. They're always exaggerating her proportions.

HbGKdCyK.jpg

Like this garbage? Yeah, I couldn't find any that stuck with the original show's art style.

there's some, but not much, and none of it better than the actual show art

snapshot20130503185734.jpg

A Good Friend said:
there's some, but not much, and none of it better than the actual show art

snapshot20130503185734.jpg

It's the same with most western cartoons. I think it must be a pretty niche thing that people want, so most people don't make it, or they half ass it.

This art of breakfast princess from adventure time turns me on though:

breakfast_princess_by_fangurley-d7y0vvv.png

I think family guy has ruined adult humour western animation with its simple ugly 2d animations
Example:
MV5BMTcyNTk0ODgzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzM0NjIzMzI@._V1_UY1200_CR89,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I'm not saying this style completely ruins a show for but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth 

my big mouth

Kointo said:
It's the same with most western cartoons. I think it must be a pretty niche thing that people want, so most people don't make it, or they half ass it.
This art of breakfast princess from adventure time turns me on though:
breakfast_princess_by_fangurley-d7y0vvv.png

I'm down. I usually save any Marceline or Bubblegum I come across.

Themisterpepsi said:
I think family guy has ruined adult humour western animation with its simple ugly 2d animations
Example:
MV5BMTcyNTk0ODgzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzM0NjIzMzI@._V1_UY1200_CR89,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I'm not saying this style completely ruins a show for but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
my big mouth

Family Guy definitely hurt the cause. I was never a fan of raunchy, topical stuff in animation. Something about the medium lends itself to a certain lightheartedness. Anime can tackle heavier stuff, but it still boils down to the hero's journey most of the time

Probably my favourite western animation I have seen as of the last year would have to be:

* Gravity Falls
* Steven Universe (minus being on ridiculously-long hiatuses all the fucking time)
* Wander Over Yonder

And for more older stuff:

* The Marvellous Misadventures of Flapjack
* Camp Lazlo
* Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy
* Courage the Cowardly Dog

Vintage thread, somebody frame this.

Wowee, the necrobump to end all necrobumps.

I thank you, good ser

Gravity Falls
yeah, tremendous show

Steven Universe
I like the lore more than the show, what with the gem hierarchy and the diamonds. Very interdasting stuff.

You should check out Star, it also has some serious lore going on right now, and is just overall entertaining.

tumblr_nk9as9wMST1u51vzzo1_500.gif

@Vision bumped it first

It's RIPPING TIME.

I dunno any western animation that I enjoy. I used to watch YTV late at night which introduced me to Inuyasha, which reminded me of the old anime my dad used to make me watch. Which got me into code geass, which is where I began my descent transformation.

it's cool. I like how colorful it is. If was a rich NEET I'd watch all the western cartoons that interest me

it's cool. I like how colorful it is. If was a rich NEET I'd watch all the western cartoons that interest me
>dat avatar

way to stay relevant

Wowee, the necrobump to end all necrobumps.

I thank you, good ser

yeah, tremendous show

I like the lore more than the show, what with the gem hierarchy and the diamonds. Very interdasting stuff.

You should check out Star, it also has some serious lore going on right now, and is just overall entertaining.

tumblr_nk9as9wMST1u51vzzo1_500.gif

Glad I could bring back this thread. I enjoy watching animation, films, and whatnot.

I have actually seen the first season of Star vs. The Forces of Evil back in 2015, but I stopped abruptly. Not sure why. Now I'm convinced to watch the show again from the start and see what it has to offer.

What about the Clone Wars and Rebels?

I have actually seen the first season of Star vs. The Forces of Evil back in 2015, but I stopped abruptly.
The second is really good. Starts to play on the lore about the wand and the Butterfly's power. Then it shifts to a two-hour movie for the third, then it starts to explore Eclipsa who is this old, dark queen of Mewni. It kinda dips, but it picks up strong. Would recommend.

06ac237599af8e36f73870bff9ae1bfc24b03c23_hq.jpg