Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel A Thread for Books

Caesercel

Caesercel

Just pass me the rope already
-
160d 7h 25m
Aluthoz said:
Can anyone recomend me a series to read? I've recently read Skullduggery Pleasant by Derk Landy, The Magicians by Lev Grossman and The Last Dragon Chronicles by Chris D'Lacey. Also should I upgrade to a kindle paperwite for manga to be better and a backlight and waterproofing, I'm on a kindle basic the one just before they added lighting to it.
Try Malazan series. It takes a bit dedication but I've heard its alright. Broken empire series if you want a dark triad maxxed protag.

Snowstormhigh

Snowstormhigh

Death Awaits
★★★★★
67d 5h 12m
I used to be a huge fan pro wrestling, so wrestling books are pretty much the only books I've read. This is one of my favs

Snowstormhigh

Snowstormhigh

Death Awaits
★★★★★
67d 5h 12m
Snowstormhigh

Snowstormhigh

Death Awaits
★★★★★
67d 5h 12m
Deleted member 31052

Deleted member 31052

Self-banned
-
1d 19h 41m
Has anyone read anything by Mishima?

EyesAreSoCold

EyesAreSoCold

Overlord
★★★★★
188d 14h 56m
Anyone know any good geopolitical books? I've started reading Diplomacy by Henry Kissinger but it's a little heavy.

Chin

Chin

Aspiring Artist
★★★
8d 23h 43m
LonelyMishima said:
I read the Sailor That Fell From Grace With the Sea, which was based. I want to read more of his stuff maybe after finals.

Deleted member 31052

Deleted member 31052

Self-banned
-
1d 19h 41m
Chin said:
I read the Sailor That Fell From Grace With the Sea, which was based. I want to read more of his stuff maybe after finals.
its very good

Chin

Chin

Aspiring Artist
★★★
8d 23h 43m
LonelyMishima said:
its very good
Indeed. What works of his have you read so far?

Deleted member 31052

Deleted member 31052

Self-banned
-
1d 19h 41m
Chin said:
Indeed. What works of his have you read so far?
Golden pavilion, sailor and confessions of a mask

B

BlackPill Scholar

Sagittalcel
★★★★★
109d 18h 0m
Animecel2D said:
Books are meant for reading, not bookmarking. For what purpose does one use a bookmark for? Just read the whole thing jfl.

WithoutMe

WithoutMe

solar powered
★★★★★
48d 24m
Animecel2D said:
Books are meant for reading, not bookmarking. For what purpose does one use a bookmark for? Just read the whole thing jfl.
mogs me hard at persistencemaxxing

WorldYamataizer

WorldYamataizer

my precious partner:
★★★★
64d 6h 16m
I recommend Cockroach by Rawi Hage

A man, who is an immigrant from the Middle East, moves to the slums of Montreal, where he learns that he is stuck in poverty. When he tries to take his own life, a "man in a speedo" saves him. He is then sentenced to therapy, where he explains his horrid childhood and how he believes that he is a cockroach. He is also in love with a girl, Shohreh, and is friends/enemies with a man named Reza. He gets a job at a restaurant, and can't help but stare at his boss' daughter. He also steals from every rich man and poor woman. Throughout the book the man starts to slowly change, for better and worse.

Its dark humour

W

_why_

Banned
-
10h 55m
Sapiens, by Yuval Harari is really good. Id say he does very well at exploring how our hunther-gatherer paleo brains have behaved (and keep behaving) along "civilized" western history. And he does it in an entertaining and simple to understand way. Its a good read and good a cope, at least for me. He is low key black pilled too.

B

BlackPill Scholar

Sagittalcel
★★★★★
109d 18h 0m
FaceandHFD said:
From the first chapter:

"JOSEPH Goebbels reaches puberty at about thirteen. But given his later reputation is itworth emphasising that he will be thirty-three before he first has sexual intercoursewith a woman.15 For the intervening twenty years this brilliant but celibate cripple’slife will be a trail of temptations, near-seductions, and sexual rebuffs etched into hismemory. At thirteen he and his pal Herbert Beines have a grubby mudlark of a friend,Herbert Harperscheidt, whose stepmother Therese always wears crisp, clean skirts;so Joseph Goebbels recalls fourteen years later. The sexual arousal that he first de-tects towards this mature female returns when he is fifteen. He harbours secret crusheson women like Frau Lennartz, the factory owner’s wife. Evidently another passion-object, his brother Hans’s girlfriend Maria Liffers, does not return his feelings be-cause his teachers and her parents protest and Goebbels has a frightful scene with hisfather. All of his pals have girlfriends—Hompesch has one enticingly called MariaJungbluth. Goebbels however senses only a ‘dark yearning’ as Eros awakes in him.

‘My libido is sick,’ he will write aged twenty-six. ‘In affairs of the heart we humansare all scandalously selfish. For the phallus we sacrifice hecatombs of immortal souls.’16Basking in what he sees as one woman’s love he will reflect, ‘I am everything toher.␣ .␣ . Or am I allowed to savour life’s treasures more intensely because I am doomed to depart it early on? Now and again I have this premonition!’ "
Relatable ngl

ConservativeCel

ConservativeCel

Greycel
7d 13h 50m
LonelyMishima said:
I've read "Confessions of a Mask". A bit boring read tbh.

Deleted member 31052

Deleted member 31052

Self-banned
-
1d 19h 41m
ConservativeCel said:
I've read "Confessions of a Mask". A bit boring read tbh.
:feelsree:

keksofthebest

keksofthebest

Nobody gives a fuck, I'm not the one to talk
★★★★★
38d 22h 36m
A good book series i've read was
Aqauman (new 52)
And a book i'm currently reading is

The Life of Johnny Reb: The Common Soldier of the Confederacy

Pengwin

Pengwin

Inhabitant of the Antarctic circle
-
122d 11h 29m
I'm currently reading the Rational male. Most of it is PUA crap but some of it is based.

inceldoompol

inceldoompol

Greycel
2h 56m
Loooooser said:
-100 years of solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
-Phenomenology of spirit by Georg Hegel
-Beyond good and evil by Friedrich Nietzsche
Beyond good and evil is very good book. I started my interest in philosophy with the books of Friedrich Nietzsche.

Pengwin

Pengwin

-
122d 11h 29m
epillepsy said:
weird that you have a physical copy
I prefer reading it this way tbh.

epillepsy

epillepsy

plz don't mock me
★★★★★
244d 16h 30m
Pengwin said:
yeah i like physical books a lot better too.
i just meant the process of ordering that book from the website seemed like a pain and expensive.
it's not as if you can buy that book in a used bookstore for cheap or even in a regular bookstore.

ionlycopenow

ionlycopenow

Not incel
-
99d 12h 25m
Anyone ever read stoner? I just ordered a copy

SardonicArchmage

SardonicArchmage

The only one who will understand
★★★
7d 10h 34m
ionlycopenow said:
Anyone ever read stoner? I just ordered a copy
From what I've heard and read about (I know only the nutshell version of the story) it sounds like some regular normie academia drama romance.
I'm curious to know what made you choose that book?

ionlycopenow

ionlycopenow

Not incel
-
99d 12h 25m
SardonicArchmage said:
From what I've heard and read about (I know only the nutshell version of the story) it sounds like some regular normie academia drama romance.
I'm curious to know what made you choose that book?
Romance? What the hell are you talking about. From what I heard it's about a dude who is mediocre at everything in life, including his marriage. That's why I chose it

SardonicArchmage

SardonicArchmage

The only one who will understand
★★★
7d 10h 34m
ionlycopenow said:
Romance? What the hell are you talking about. From what I heard it's about a dude who is mediocre at everything in life, including his marriage. That's why I chose it
Oh boy then you are up for a surprise if what I heard about it is true.

coldmachinery

coldmachinery

Mr. Self Destruct
★★★★
29d 6h 58m

Good basic introduction to Shinto. Indirectly explained some anime terminology to me too, lmao.

FullTimeLoser

FullTimeLoser

Full time... Winner? I'm undefeated
-
182d 23h 20m
Harry potter

cheekylad97

cheekylad97

Greycel
7h 56m
I was reading the lord of the rings but I only had the first two books. I'm hoping to get a copy of the Return of the King soon. Before LOTOR the last book I read was Hannibal Rising which was a great origin story for the infamous Hannibal Lecter. Anyone have any good horror recommendations?

WithoutMe

WithoutMe

solar powered
★★★★★
48d 24m
cheekylad97 said:
I was reading the lord of the rings but I only had the first two books. I'm hoping to get a copy of the Return of the King soon. Before LOTOR the last book I read was Hannibal Rising which was a great origin story for the infamous Hannibal Lecter. Anyone have any good horror recommendations?
The first part of "IT" is a bunch of short stories about how the monster is killing people in small town Derry. Some of it is chilling.
"The Deep" by Nick Cutter also has some moments that gave me goosebumps.
Honk

mericks

mericks

cripplecel
★★★★
19d 4h 9m
I started reading The Expanse a couple weeks ago. I tried watching the TV show but I had difficulties following the plot so I decided to read the books instead. Right now I'm on the second book (Caliban's War) and really enjoying it so far.

They put a lot of effort into creating a world which seems plausible and doesn't violate the known laws of physics. There's no artificial gravity or faster-than-light travel or bullshit like that. If you're a sciencel you'll enjoy it.

DostoevskyCel

DostoevskyCel

Officer
11d 14h 41m
the brothers karamazov + crime & punishment + the idiot + notes from underground + anna karenina + sorrows of young werther + the trial + Tolstoy's confession

Deleted member 33216

Deleted member 33216

Every cope has an end
-
19d 23h 13m
1. Ego is the enemy
2. Notes from Underground
3. Brave New World
4. 1984
5. Beyond Good and Evil
6. Free Will
7. Man's Search For Meaning
8. Technological Slavery
9. The meaning of it all
10. Crime and Punishment

Mentally lost cel

Mentally lost cel

Mythic
27d 9h 50m
Snowstormhigh said:
lol
Everyone should read a song of ice and fire books in their lives, it’s medieval fantasy and the best fiction books ever, full of realism and best storytelling

Caesercel

Caesercel

-
160d 7h 25m
Pengwin said:
Me too. I wish I had the money to buy physical copies of my favorite books. Its so much better, more personal than digital
DostoevskyCel said:
the brothers karamazov + crime & punishment + the idiot + notes from underground + anna karenina + sorrows of young werther + the trial + Tolstoy's confession
Based and Dostoevskypilled

Pengwin

Pengwin

-
122d 11h 29m
Caesercel said:
Me too. I wish I had the money to buy physical copies of my favorite books. Its so much better, more personal than digital
Just go to a library or something like that. I used to do that a lot in hs.

Caesercel

Caesercel

-
160d 7h 25m
Pengwin said:
Just go to a library or something like that. I used to do that a lot in hs.
I also used to do that when I was in a school, which ctually had a library

Deathmint

Deathmint

Pope Disastrus
★★★★
10d 14h 43m
My book recommendations are: All About Women - What Big Sister Doesn't Want You To Know? by Simon Sheppard and Bitch Women, Effeminacy and White Survival by Loki Hulgaard. Something about how the hive-mind works and what the repercussions for the society are.

Question Mark

Question Mark

Greycel
4h 20m
Has anyone else here read Suicide Note by Mitchell Heisman? It's probably the best explanation of the Jewish problem ever written.

Here's the link to the text. (Read pp. 32-625)

Here's an overview for people too lazy to read the entire thing.

Alternatively you can listen to it while gaming.

TL;DR: Jews want to transcend biology so that God AI can enslave a robotized humanity and destroy all life on earth.

SecularNeo-Khazar

SecularNeo-Khazar

Mixedcell
21h 56m
How do you motivate yourself to read books?

LonerRichard

LonerRichard

Greycel
27m
CyborgIncel said:
Alaine de Botton is a cuck. Reading his books is accepting bluepill brainwashing. You can cope in other ways.
I've read some of The Consolations of Philosophy. Didn't really impress me much.
Limerencel said:
Never seen this cover before.
Can anyone recommend any short stories that don't have happy endings? I'm sick of reading stuff where some hero saves the day at the end, etc etc.

Last edited:
Tommy

Tommy

Based on this dick
3h 25m
SecularNeo-Khazar said:
How do you motivate yourself to read books?
There isn’t a motivation in reading. If a story is captivating enough, it isn’t a chore. I spent a lot of my formative years nose deep in a novel, and if you know the genre you’re into, you’d be excited to pick up a new story. I love fantasy, sci fi, and dystopian novels. If you’re into that, i can recommend some of my favorites that are captivating and easily re-readable

Inkheart Trilogy: A german story about a girl whose father can make book characters come out of the pages by reading aloud- the consequence being that something in real life is taken. The main antagonist is someone who was taken out of his story and isn’t happy with it.

-The Bachman Books
Rage: a stephen king book written under his pseudo of richard bachman, a dark story of a mentally ill teenager “getting it on” with a gun and his classmates

Long Walk: Young men sign up for a marathon-esque walk that lasts for hundreds of miles. You have to keep walking, with no breaks for food, water, or to use the restroom. If you stop walking for too long, you are killed. The only way to survive is to be the last one left. The winner gets a lifetime of wealth

The Running man: the last of the bachman books i’m talking about. You are a poor man who signed up for a game show to save the life of your wife and infant daughter. You are to run from some of the best bounty hunters in the world who are trying to kill you. This book is full of plot twists and suspense, i love it so much.

The Book Thief: About an orphan in nazi germany, told from the point of view of death. It has a fighting jew, hitler youth, a guide to grave digging, and cigarettes

White Fang: this book is a classic for a reason, it tells the story of a wolfdog living on the yukon in the late 1880’s. how he acclimated to life under Man.

These are just some of my all time favorites. If you want other book recommendations I can tell you what I know.

Mentally lost cel

Mentally lost cel

Mythic
27d 9h 50m
keksofthebest said:
Aqauman (new 52)
New 52 is underrated,I loved it, you should try jl and Batman new 52 or maybe earth 2

Linesnap99

Linesnap99

Overlord
★★★★★
41d 12h 30m
Read
Altered genes , twisted truth by steven M druker

zerothe77

zerothe77

Greycel
17h 38m
Going to read A Billion Wicked Thoughts. It sounds like it's quite applicable to our people.

mistersinister

mistersinister

Greycel
2d 39m
cheekylad97 said:
n story for the infamous Hannibal Lecter. Anyone have any good horror recommendati
Misery
Carrie

Arthas93

Arthas93

Always remember that we all will die.
★★★★
28d 21h 14m
zerothe77 said:
to our people.
Ah, yes, fellow "Incel". Our people.
IT infiltrates are not even trying to hide at this point.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8