Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

A new prefix is needed for important blackpill literature

BenBerger

BenBerger

Captain
★★★★
Something like "Essential Reading" or "Blackpill Library" to mark discussion about important readings that spread the blackpill.
What do you think?

For example, John Glubb - The Fate of Empires and Search of Survival. Was suggested by @ShadowTheEdgehog whom I thank!

According to this glorious article, an empire is at its peak for around 230-250 years on average.
Great empires outburst literally out of the blue and are rising to prominence on the ruins of older empires. Reaching their peak and slowly decline into decadence due to the obsessive pursuit of wealth and comfortable life.

It is full of blackpill knowledge and is an essential part of the Blackpill Library.

He claims that the decline of the West has already begun in his time. So it's quite interesting to estimate how far is the West from the abyss.

Something like "Essential Reading" or "Blackpill Library" to mark discussion about important readings that spread the blackpill.
What do you think?

For example, John Glubb - The Fate of Empires and Search of Survival. Was suggested by @ShadowTheEdgehog whom I thank!

According to this glorious article, an empire is at its peak for around 230-250 years on average.
Great empires outburst literally out of the blue and are rising to prominence on the ruins of older empires. Reaching their peak and slowly decline into decadence due to the obsessive pursuit of wealth and comfortable life.

It is full of blackpill knowledge and is an essential part of the Blackpill Library.

He claims that the decline of the West has already begun in his time. So it's quite interesting to estimate how far is the West from the abyss.

Thanks for mentioning me.
I also just want to remind you that on 4chan /pol/ AND 8chan /pol/, book threads would be banned immediately back in the day. Books offer a very simple foundation for future development without the excessive need for mentors and the word of mouth. The written word is the pinnacle of the information totem pole, nothing else comes even close.
That's why they kept deleting these threads and opted for pushing stupid memes and reactionary content instead.

People and nations may fall but you know what? A 1000 years later some kid picks their writings up and lights the fire anew. That's the power of the written word.

I always find it laughable when people pedestalize movies or pictures in general as a a great achievement, even though they are just conductors of vapid, hedonistic emotions that ultimately change nothing about the person consuming them. It's mental masturbation.

So it's quite interesting to estimate how far is the West from the abyss.

I tend to believe in the slow decline, or as T.S. Eliot put it in his poem "The Hollow Men":

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but with a whimper.

Also, JFL at expecting people to read in 2020, no offense. Reading has become so rare nowadays that is has been reduced to a fetish. I was already surprised to come across someone who had actually read Otto Weininger. I read "Geschlecht und Charakter" in german (my native tongue) and english.
If you are willing to go that far, you will probably get into deeper questions as well.

Sometimes you read something and it just resonates so well that it takes your breath away. Like the first time I read the Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, I felt such joy and relief because it alligned perfectely with what I had experienced in life, what I had observed.

All the other advice I got at the time was all bluepilled self-help garbage. It felt so good to read something real for once.

28. People who feel hurt and resentment: Picture them as the pig at the sacrifice, kicking and squealing all the way. Like the man alone in his bed, silently weeping over the chains that bind us. That everything has to submit. But only rational beings can do so voluntarily.

We should put together a reading list of authors worth reading as related to the blackpill. Everything we say here has been said before.
An example:

As women are a considerable or at least a pretty numerous part of company, and as their suffrages go a great way towards establishing a man's character in the fashionable part of the world, — which is of great importance to the fortune and figure he proposes to make in it, — it is necessary to please them. I will therefore upon this subject let you into certain arcana, that will be very useful for you to know, but which you must with the utmost care conceal, and never seem to know. Women then are only children of a larger growth ; they have an
entertaining tattle and sometimes wit, but for solid, reasoning good-sense, I never knew in my life one that had it, or who reasoned or acted consequentially for four-and-twenty hours together. Some little passion or humor always breaks in upon their best resolutions. Their beauty neglected or controverted, their age increased, or their supposed understandings depreciated instantly kindles their
little passions, and overturns any system of consequential conduct that in their most reasonable moments they might have been capable of forming.
A man of sense only trifles with them, plays with them, humors and flatters them, as he does with a sprightly, forward child ; but he neither consults them about nor trusts them with serious matters, though he often makes them believe that he does both, which is the thing in the world that they are proud of; for they love mightily to be dabbling in business, — which, by the way, they always spoil, —
and being justly distrustful that men in general look upon them in a trifling light, they almost adore that man who talks more seriously to them, and who seems to consult and trust them : I say, who seems ; for weak men really do, but wise ones only seem to do it. No flattery is either too high or too low for them ; they will greedily swallow the highest and gratefully accept of the lowest ; and you may safely flatter any woman from her understanding down to the exquisite taste of her fan. Women who are either indisputably beautiful or indisputably ugly are best flattered upon the score of their understandings ; but those who are in a state of mediocrity are best flattered upon their beauty, or at least their graces, for every woman who is not absolutely ugly thinks herself handsome ; but not hearing often that she is so is the more grateful and the more obliged to the few who tell her so ; whereas a decided and conscious beauty looks upon every tribute paid to her beauty only as her due, but wants to shine and to be considered on the side of her understanding ; and a woman who is ugly nough to know that she is so, knows that she has nothing left for it but her understanding, which is consequently — and probably in more senses than one — her weak side. But these are secrets which you must keep inviolably, if you would not like Orpheus be torn to pieces by the whole sex ; on the contrary, a man who thinks of living in the great world must be gallant, polite, and attentive to please the women.
They have from the weakness of men more or less influence in all courts ; they absolutely stamp every man's character in the beau monde and make it either current, or cry it down and stop it in payments. It is therefore absolutely necessary to manage, please, and flatter them, and never to discover the least marks of contempt, which is what they never forgive ; but in this they are not singular,
for it is the same with men, who will much sooner forgive an injustice than an insult.

Lord Chesterfield's letters to his son, letter 26
Well recommended book about how to please people, win favours, succeed in the world at large etc.

Blackpillogy? Blackpill Literature?

What if... HIGH IQ?

A few from:
La Rochefoucauld - Maxims and moral reflections

Nothing is less sincere than our manner of asking
or of giving advice. He who asks advice, and seems
to have a respectful deference for the opinion of his
friend, aims only at getting his own approved, and
making that friend responsible for his conduct. On
the other hand, he who gives advice, repays the
confidence supposed to be placed in him by a seem-
ingly disinterested zeal, whilst he seldom means
more than his own interest or reputation

Most women lament the death of a lover, not so
much from real affection, as because they would ap-
pear to be the more worthy of having been beloved.

Women oflen fancy themselves to be in love
when they are not. The amusement of an intrigue,
the emotion of mind produced by gallantry, a natu-
ral passion to be beloved, and an unwillingness to
give a denial ; from all these they imagine them-
selves in love, when in fact they are only coquet-
ting.

The wit of a woman serves rather to fortify her
folly than her reason.

The common foible of a woman who once was handsome, is to forget that she is now no longer so.

Vauvenargues - Reflections and Maxims

Women have generally more vanity than tempera-
ment, and more temperament than virtue.

It is a very silly thing to be fond of society if one likes
neither women nor gambling.

La Bruyere - Characters

MEN and women rarely agree as to the merits of a
woman ; their interests are too diverse. It does not
please a woman to find in another the very perfections
which captivate a man. The many charms which
awake in us the tender passion cause in them mutual
antipathy and dislike.

I have often wished I could be a girl, a beautiful
girl of course, from thirteen to twenty-two ; after that, a
man again.

A beautiful woman with the acquirements of an
accomplished man is the most delightful acquaintance
in the world, for her conversation has the charm of
both sexes.

Women who have passed the springtime of life seem
naturally to fall to the lot of young fellows who have
no great fortune. I know not who is most to be pitied,
the woman advanced in years who requires a lover, or
the young man whose needs force him to marry an old
woman.

A woman is capable of forgetting a man she no
longer loves to the extent of forgetting even the
benefits she has bestowed on him.

An old love is of little consequence ; he must give
way to the new husband, whose supremacy, alas ! lasts
such a little while that a new lover jostles him out of his
place.

A vain man with little wit and a voluble tongue, who
speaks of himself with assuming confidence, and of
others contemptuously, who is proud, brusque, and
adventurous, without breeding or honesty, morality or
sense, requires no more to make him admired by
certain women than good features and a fine figure.

Why should men be blamed because women have
little learning? By what laws and restrictions have
they forbidden them to use their eyes, and to read
and retain what they read and show it in conversation or
literary effort ? Is it not rather they themselves who
have introduced the fashion of ignorance, either through
weakness of disposition or laziness, or care for the
preservation of their beauty, or by inherent levity which
prevents them studying anything thoroughly? Or is it
the natural genius they have to employ their fingers,
and the distractions of domestic detail, or an aversion
to anything difficult or serious ; or because their minds
are occupied with gossip or any pleasure but that of
exercising the intellect? But to whatever cause men
may attribute women's ignorance, they must rejoice that,
as the sex have the pre-eminence in so many other ways,
they should in this show to less advantage.

Most women have no principle : they are led by their
hearts, and their morals depend on those they love.

A man who is anxious to discover what change age
has made in him need only consult the eyes of the lady
he addresses, and listen to the tone of her voice as she
talks to him ; he will soon learn what he fears to know.
But it is a hard school !

Few women are so perfect that they do not give
their husbands cause, once a day at least, to regret
that they possess a wife, or to envy those who do not.

Is it impossible for a man to discover the way to
make his wife love him ?

Last edited:
That could be nice

"writing" can be too

I also just want to remind you that on 4chan /pol/ AND 8chan /pol/, book threads would be banned immediately back in the day. Books offer a very simple foundation for future development without the excessive need for mentors and the word of mouth. The written word is the pinnacle of the information totem pole, nothing else comes even close.
That's why they kept deleting these threads and opted for pushing stupid memes and reactionary content instead.

People and nations may fall but you know what? A 1000 years later some kid picks their writings up and lights the fire anew. That's the power of the written word.

I always find it laughable when people pedestalize movies or pictures in general as a a great achievement, even though they are just conductors of vapid, hedonistic emotions that ultimately change nothing about the person consuming them. It's mental masturbation.

I tend to believe in the slow decline, or as T.S. Eliot put it in his poem "The Hollow Men":

Also, JFL at expecting people to read in 2020, no offense. Reading has become so rare nowadays that is has been reduced to a fetish. I was already surprised to come across someone who had actually read Otto Weininger. I read "Geschlecht und Charakter" in german (my native tongue) and english.
If you are willing to go that far, you will probably get into deeper questions as well.

Sometimes you read something and it just resonates so well that it takes your breath away. Like the first time I read the Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, I felt such joy and relief because it alligned perfectely with what I had experienced in life, what I had observed.

All the other advice I got at the time was all bluepilled self-help garbage. It felt so good to read something real for once.

We should put together a reading list of authors worth reading as related to the blackpill. Everything we say here has been said before.
An example:

As women are a considerable or at least a pretty numerous part of company, and as their suffrages go a great way towards establishing a man's character in the fashionable part of the world, — which is of great importance to the fortune and figure he proposes to make in it, — it is necessary to please them. I will therefore upon this subject let you into certain arcana, that will be very useful for you to know, but which you must with the utmost care conceal, and never seem to know. Women then are only children of a larger growth ; they have an
entertaining tattle and sometimes wit, but for solid, reasoning good-sense, I never knew in my life one that had it, or who reasoned or acted consequentially for four-and-twenty hours together. Some little passion or humor always breaks in upon their best resolutions. Their beauty neglected or controverted, their age increased, or their supposed understandings depreciated instantly kindles their
little passions, and overturns any system of consequential conduct that in their most reasonable moments they might have been capable of forming.
A man of sense only trifles with them, plays with them, humors and flatters them, as he does with a sprightly, forward child ; but he neither consults them about nor trusts them with serious matters, though he often makes them believe that he does both, which is the thing in the world that they are proud of; for they love mightily to be dabbling in business, — which, by the way, they always spoil, —
and being justly distrustful that men in general look upon them in a trifling light, they almost adore that man who talks more seriously to them, and who seems to consult and trust them : I say, who seems ; for weak men really do, but wise ones only seem to do it. No flattery is either too high or too low for them ; they will greedily swallow the highest and gratefully accept of the lowest ; and you may safely flatter any woman from her understanding down to the exquisite taste of her fan. Women who are either indisputably beautiful or indisputably ugly are best flattered upon the score of their understandings ; but those who are in a state of mediocrity are best flattered upon their beauty, or at least their graces, for every woman who is not absolutely ugly thinks herself handsome ; but not hearing often that she is so is the more grateful and the more obliged to the few who tell her so ; whereas a decided and conscious beauty looks upon every tribute paid to her beauty only as her due, but wants to shine and to be considered on the side of her understanding ; and a woman who is ugly nough to know that she is so, knows that she has nothing left for it but her understanding, which is consequently — and probably in more senses than one — her weak side. But these are secrets which you must keep inviolably, if you would not like Orpheus be torn to pieces by the whole sex ; on the contrary, a man who thinks of living in the great world must be gallant, polite, and attentive to please the women.
They have from the weakness of men more or less influence in all courts ; they absolutely stamp every man's character in the beau monde and make it either current, or cry it down and stop it in payments. It is therefore absolutely necessary to manage, please, and flatter them, and never to discover the least marks of contempt, which is what they never forgive ; but in this they are not singular,
for it is the same with men, who will much sooner forgive an injustice than an insult.

Lord Chesterfield's letters to his son, letter 26
Well recommended book about how to please people, win favours, succeed in the world at large etc.

I was actually familar with this letter by Lord Chesterfield. Good post.

I like you. Feels good to meet another genuine bookcel.
It's just that most People will feel intimidated when they see a wall of text like that.

Another good one from the medieval ages:

This piece is closely connected with the "The romance of the Rose" controversy back in the day.
"writing" can be too

I wish I had your avi as a hologram in my bedroom, took look at for hours during sleepness nights.

Last edited:
Who are they?!

Supreme Truth. Spreading the word of the Blackpill with the written word is a slow but sure way to do it.

I tend to believe in the slow decline, or as T.S. Eliot put it in his poem "The Hollow Men"
I will read it later. I have already finished Glubb's Fate of Empires - profound blackpilled literature. It should be mandatory reading for Frau Merkel and cucked "leaders" of Europe.

Yes, thinking people are rear but there are plenty of them. They are, and always been, the only source of change in this world. Normies simply DO NOT MATER. Incels DO.

A day will come and the world will see a blackpill self-help book that will really help fellow incels.
A man of sense only trifles with them, plays with them, humors and flatters them, as he does with a sprightly, forward child ; but he neither consults them about nor trusts them with serious matters, though he often makes them believe that he does both
That is great!
I have not heard of Lord Chesterfield before. Perhaps I am not a real bookcel :feelsrope:
Anyways if we managed to compose a blackpilled library, maybe on incel wiki, that would be great. Incel wiki is already a profound web site. It will just make it better.

Last edited:
Who are they?!
Mods. It's like an unwritten rule on the internet that every forum/imageboard has shitty mods. You have to think about it this way: Who in their right mind would want to be a mod for a community of social rejects? Especially on imageboards, mods and janitors are almost by default incompetent scumbags.
Maybe they were just angry at the intellectualism that kept bubbling up, maybe they felt threatend by it. I don't know.

A lot of these sites got multiple workovers over the years, with different moderating staff everytime. Moot famously got hired by google after resigning from 4chan. I guess that tells you anything you need to know.

A day will come and the world will see a blackpill self-help book that will really help fellow incels.

It would have to be huge though.

Moot famously got hired by google after resigning from 4chan.
Oy vey. Yes, it tells a lot.

This is the first forum I am writing on tbh. I have no idea how these things work. Thanks for shading light.

It would have to be huge though.
And epic... I have already begun sketching. But I am not sure if I have enough IQ and discipline to complete it.