Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious A man's love for his waifu is the only true romantic love

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
When the love for a fictional character is brought up, people tend to immediately point out how "one sided" this relationship supposedly is, yet fail to explain exactly how it is that a relationship between two 3D humans is more shared and mutual.

Consider love, when I mention "love" throughout this thread, I'm specifically referring to the romantic variety, and yes I'm fully aware that I'm talking about a chemical/psychological process in the brain(mainly focusing on the psychological aspect here). Wouldn't you say that knowing someone is a prerequisite for being capable of loving them? If so, I'd like to follow from that by arguing that nobody really knows anyone else. It's not that we don't want to understand each other, but rather that we lack the capacity to do so. To understand and truly know another human, you'd have to live their life, feel what it is to be at the culmination of their chain of experience, and there is simply no way to do that without literally being the person in question.

If people don't know each other, upon mentioning their feelings of love for someone else, who is it that they're actually talking about? Simple, their perception and concept of someone else, however this isn't the same thing as actually loving another person. People love what it is that they perceive to be a separate human, but this is a love for an idea which they alone created, not a love for another consciousness, as that is by nature unknowable to them. Even in traditionalism, people loved the ideas of family, marriage, and God. Devotion to a structure, or to God, these aren't examples of love for one another, human to human.

Now to get to my point, I really must ask, what exactly is the difference between loving a fabricated concept of someone else, and loving a "fictional" character? Based upon my understanding, the primary difference is that the latter is simply far more genuine. As someone who doesn't exist in the real world, at least not outside of your own mind, is someone who you are capable of understanding since they can't really be separated from you. You love her for who she really is, since your understanding of her can't be challenged by the presence of a real person's body and consciousness, whom your idea of her would otherwise stem from, as is the case with love for 3D. This is all doubly true if it's a character who you alone created, but is still entirely applicable regardless.

So to me, when normies mention that love for a waifu isn't real, it seems as though it's a far more honest and shared experience than any sort of love they believe they're feeling for a separate human.

Last edited:
no bro, just no. I don't care how isolated you are, how much you lack female attention. this is just simply over the edge dude. I think you would be better off eating a bullet at this point ngl

this was the exact thing I thought of when I read the thread title. Normies have waifus of their own (the ideal foid thought up in their head), they're just dishonest about it and pretend she's real and personified in the foid they're in "love" with. High IQ

no bro, just no. I don't care how isolated you are, how much you lack female attention. this is just simply over the edge dude. I think you would be better off eating a bullet at this point ngl
I'm not even coping here bro, just stating some of my thoughts.
this was the exact thing I thought of when I read the thread title. Normies have waifus of their own (the ideal foid thought up in their head), they're just dishonest about it and pretend she's real and personified in the foid they're in "love" with. High IQ
That's exactly right, yet most normies will never be willing to become cognizant of it.

the mere fact of separating sex and "love" is unacceptable to me...
they're different side of the same thing:
on a subconscious level we talk about attraction or sexual desire while on a rational level we talk about love but they're one.

Nobody is whom you think
Ideal qualities are just projected onto them from the halo effect
Compromises are made to make this person seem ideal
Love doesn't exist

3d femoids are shit, they not created to fulfill man's needs

Realizing that i would never be capable of fully knowing another human beings character was one of the hardest things to accept for me ngl.

Normies have waifus of their own (the ideal foid thought up in their head), they're just dishonest about it and pretend she's real and personified in the foid they're in "love" with. High IQ

Even though I never had a 3d bitch love me, I still ain’t into that waifu shit

I will never be able to feel true love

true and 3d foids are incapable of true love

Keep coping, the character doesnt even exist and if it would it would fuck chad.

Keep coping, the character doesnt even exist and if it would it would fuck chad.
The fact that the character doesn't exist for others is the whole basis for the thread tbh.

I had similar thoughts of this as well. However the fact we cannot interact with this character. And that the character has no autonomous presence. Means we can never truly have a "waifu", merely an imagination of fantasy that we have built up based on what we have percieved. Perhaps one day a physical autonomous representation can exist for us in the far future. In the end everything in this world is built on your own or others perception of things.

I had similar thoughts of this as well. However the fact we cannot interact with this character. And that the character has no autonomous presence. Means we can never truly have a "waifu", merely an imagination of fantasy that we have built up based on what we have percieved. Perhaps one day a physical autonomous representation can exist for us in the far future.
The brain can't really tell the difference between mental imagery and actual perceptions, at least not upon the recollection of either after the fact. So this is only an issue in the moment, and for me I'm beginning to wonder if it's not an advantage tbh. Often I wish that others weren't autonomous, that they would respond in a manner which I want them to, it actually frustrates me incessantly.
In the end everything in this world is built on your own or others perception of things.
I'd say that the world only really built upon your own perception. Not in a solipsistic sense, as I have no doubt that others exist, but rather that the perceptions belonging to others are totally inaccessible to you. One way to understand it is that we all essentially live in rooms entirely closed off each other, while we may know of other people by seeing them through an unbreakable window, or hearing them through the walls, in the end you can never be close to them or know them in the same way that you know yourself.

Or maybe that's just me, and if so, then the point still stands in respect to me. But what I'm getting at is that if I say that I experienced something, nobody can really gainsay me since they live in entirely separate worlds.

yes, that is the purest and truest of all romantic love, Eros without the jealousy, the selfishness, the volatility, the anger, and eventually Murder-Suicide for many couples.

The love for a perfect imaginary Eidolon, with all your favorite attributes given to such a relationship, will last beyond time and space.

True love has to be mutual, if it is one way it is just lust. Loving a fictional character is a delusional cope.

Often I wish that others weren't autonomous, that they would respond in a manner which I want them to, it actually frustrates me incessantly.
Would you say you would be happy if you were able to control and/or see the outcome of everythings action? Might be me but I think I might get bored or uninterested if I knew everything before hand.

I'd say that the world only really built upon your own perception.
I meant this as the base knowledge or understanding is built on not only yourself but on others as well. For instance you read an acticle or piece on something you are reading the authors interpretation on something and forming a perception based on it. So in theory you are building a perception on a perception.

When the love for a fictional character is brought up, people tend to immediately point out how "one sided" this relationship supposedly is, yet fail to explain exactly how it is that a relationship between two 3D humans is more shared and mutual.

Consider love, when I mention "love" throughout this thread, I'm specifically referring to the romantic variety, and yes I'm fully aware that I'm talking about a chemical/psychological process in the brain(mainly focusing on the psychological aspect here). Wouldn't you say that knowing someone is a prerequisite for being capable of loving them? If so, I'd like to follow from that by arguing that nobody really knows anyone else. It's not that we don't want to understand each other, but rather that we lack the capacity to do so. To understand and truly know another human, you'd have to live their life, feel what it is to be at the culmination of their chain of experience, and there is simply no way to do that without literally being the person in question.

If people don't know each other, upon mentioning their feelings of love for someone else, who is it that they're actually talking about? Simple, their perception and concept of someone else, however this isn't the same thing as actually loving another person. People love what it is that they perceive to be a separate human, but this is a love for an idea which they alone created, not a love for another consciousness, as that is by nature unknowable to them. Even in traditionalism, people loved the ideas of family, marriage, and God. Devotion to a structure, or to God, these aren't examples of love for one another, human to human.

Now to get to my point, I really must ask, what exactly is the difference between loving a fabricated concept of someone else, and loving a "fictional" character? Based upon my understanding, the primary difference is that the latter is simply far more genuine. As someone who doesn't exist in the real world, at least not outside of your own mind, is someone who you are capable of understanding since they can't really be separated from you. You love her for who she really is, since your understanding of her can't be challenged by the presence of a real person's body and consciousness, whom your idea of her would otherwise stem from, as is the case with love for 3D. This is all doubly true if it's a character who you alone created, but is still entirely applicable regardless.

So to me, when normies mention that love for a waifu isn't real, it seems as though it's a far more honest and shared experience than any sort of love they believe they're feeling for a separate human.
Have fun fucking your body pillow sweetie

Would you say you would be happy if you were able to control and/or see the outcome of everythings action? Might be me but I think I might get bored or uninterested if I knew everything before hand.
Idk bro, but the problem is that I can never get people to respond how I want them to. I'd take predictable safety over spontaneity.
I meant this as the base knowledge or understanding is built on not only yourself but on others as well. For instance you read an acticle or piece on something you are reading the authors interpretation on something and forming a perception based on it. So in theory you are building a perception on a perception.
I suppose that's true, but I don't really think ideas stay the same once they're perceived by other people, so I'm not entirely sure it's the same perception. Although I see what you mean though.

People love what it is that they perceive to be a separate human, but this is a love for an idea which they alone created, not a love for another consciousness, as that is by nature unknowable to them.
This is true. A love for your waifu is the only true romantic love, becuase the waifu is the ideal woman you have in your mind, with your own ideals and characteristics projected on her ,that makes a waifu the perfect girl. That's why I would never have romantic interest in any 3d foid, only to my waifu.

This is the definition of cope but realistically it's easier to love a waifu than a roastie.

A good woman is unmatched but most women you encounter will be roasties and therefore only good for physical interactions.