Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment A Googol (1.hundred zeros) Apples is a lot / Why February is the shortest month

Betrayed

Betrayed

God is dead
-
There is always a new number we can invent after our current highest number
We are limited by the universe as a species
If the universe is finite, then we could truly conclude a highest number, which would be the amount of neutrons or protons in the entire universe
If the universe is infinite, we are unfortunately limited by time. As the stars will dim out all resources will vanish with it, and humanity will die out, unless we transport ourselves into some rock solid computer, a simulation if you say.... but what if we did that already, what if there was an ancient civilization before us, but it collapsed?

TLDR: We dont have enough time to explore an infinite universe due to its decaying in a few trillion years when the "black hole era" hits. Thats why we could only achieve a highest number which isnt exactly a highest number.

I believe there isnt even a highest "illion" number. After Googol and Googolplexian eventually "x number" will come.
We dont really need such high numbers but its fascinating to think about it. A googol is more than anything we could ever count

Imagine you have 1 apple - add two 0
100 apples is a shitton
1.000.000 apples is enough for generations, and its only 6 zeros
Now imagine 1-(100 zeros) = Googol

When I started learning latin I was fascinated about the names of the "illions" .
Million is the first
"Bi"llion means something like double like in "bi"sexual which is double sexual if you will
"Tri"llion is third
"Quadr"illion is fourth

Did you know there is a number called a "sex" (six) tillion? Also from latin of course

In the roman empire the months were in this order
1.March (Mars)
2.April (Apru - Aphrodite)
3.May (Maia)
4.June (Juno)
5.July (Iulius Caesar) (Originally called Quintilis or "Quint"ember (five)) (Guy wanted his own month)
6.August (Augustus) (Originally called Sextilis or "Sext"ember (six)) (Why not do the same)
7. "Sept"ember (seven) (Some guys also tried to claim this month but they werent successful enough)
8. "Oct"ober (eight)
9. "Nov"ember (nine)
10. "Dec"ember (ten)
11. January (Not sure)
12. February (Not sure)

This is also why February is the shortest month. The romans knew that one month had to sacrifice so they selected the last month
But of course the anglos had to fuck it up, now "Sept" (seven) ember is the 9th month for example

During the French Revolution, in the Robespierre reign of terror (1793-1794) the French experimented with a new calendar too
"The French Revolutionary Calendar" or "The French Republican Calendar"
In that calendar the year 1789 would be the year 1 (Because thats when the revolution started)
I believe there were months with 100 days but I found no sources to confirm this.

Also, I think it would be cool to follow a "Roman Civilization" Calendar, since it is the beginning of modern and western civilization.
I am religious, so the 2022 A. D. (Anno Domini, Year of god) calendar is also nice but I also look up to rome
The current year would be 2775 A. R. due to the Roman Kingdom being founded in 753 B. C. christian calendar

typical 3:33 am thread

You have a fetish with the infinite number.

You have a fetish with the infinite number.
@Infinity Thoughts? :feelssus:

But as for your point about the "highest number", I'd simply add 1 to it... :feelsjuice:

Though I'm not too well-versed in mathematics. :feelshehe: