Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion A brief history of vodka. Alcoholics and trivia nerds get in here

shrooms

shrooms

Vodka has a rich and complex history that spans several centuries. Its origins can be traced back to Eastern Europe, particularly Russia and Poland, where it first gained popularity. The exact origins of vodka are still debated among historians. Some believe that it was first distilled in Russia in the late 8th or early 9th century, while others argue that it was first produced in Poland. I personally believe the latter. Regardless of its exact birthplace, vodka quickly became an integral part of the culture and traditions of both countries. In the early days, vodka was, believe it or not, primarily used for medicinal purposes and as a base for herbal remedies.

It was also used (suprisingly) as a disinfectant and an ingredient in the production of gunpowder. However, it didn't take long for people to discover its enjoyable effects when consumed in moderation. Vodka production techniques evolved over time. Initially, it was made by distilling fermented grains, such as rye or wheat. Later, potatoes became a popular ingredient for vodka production, especially in Poland. The distillation process was refined, resulting in a smoother and purer spirit.

During the 19th century, vodka production expanded beyond Russia and Poland, spreading to other parts of Europe and eventually reaching the United States. Immigrants from Eastern Europe brought their vodka-making traditions with them, leading to the establishment of vodka distilleries in various countries. This is the moment history took a turn for the worse. In the early 20th century, the Russian Revolution and subsequent Prohibition in the United States had a significant impact on the vodka industry. Many Russian distilleries were nationalized, and vodka production was heavily regulated in the US. However, the demand for vodka remained strong, leading to the rise of bootlegging and illegal production during this period. After the end of Prohibition in the US, vodka gained popularity as a versatile and neutral spirit that could be mixed with various ingredients to create a wide range of cocktails. This contributed to its global recognition and widespread consumption.

In recent decades, vodka has unfortunately become one of the most popular spirits worldwide. It is produced in numerous countries, each with its own unique production methods and flavor profiles. Vodka is enjoyed straight, on the rocks, or as a key ingredient in countless cocktails. Overall, the history of vodka is a fascinating journey that reflects the cultural, social, and technological developments of the regions where it originated and spread. Today, vodka continues to be a beloved spirit, appreciated for its versatility and ability to bring people together in celebration.

What's your guys' favorite (base) alcoholic drink? I prefer rum. If we're talking about mixed drinks I like peanut butter jelly shots and manhattans

I hate the taste of alcohol I have no idea how people drink.

Not every alcohol tastes exactly the same though? That's also why people mix drinks and make them sweeter
I have tried so many different drinks but I never get past the first sip before needing to vomit. Sweet, bitter, strong or weak, mixed with much or not too much I just don't like it.

My favorite mixed drink is gin tonic.

Last week I've had a lot of vodka. Been making drinks using vodka, soda water and flavor syrup (first I used almond which tasted really good), Now I'm using cherry syrup).
The flavor syrups are pretty good, it's sugar free and sweetened with stevia which is good since I'm trying to avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners

However yesterday I drank too much, 1 liter of booze. Later when I was about to sleep I puked all over myself and the bed. Have had hangover the antire day. Have avoided drinking today since I've been drinking at least 1 70cl bottle everyday for the last week.

Last edited:
Ah vodka, ye olde friend