Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR 97% of women have been sexually assaulted according to reddit roastie

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/s/bsUTXrHM4M

My male friend doesn't believe it's 97% (of women who have been SAd/harassed).

This statistic went viral apparently a while back. I feel extremely disappointed that he insists the 97% is "way too high" and harassment/assault against women is "not nearly as bad as people say" and "people will openly discourage men harassing women" as a cis man who has never lived a day in his life as a woman. He also showed a link say it's actually"8%" of women and "3%" of men who have been victims and complained that only my statistic counts. I explained my experienced and what I've heard from far too many women and he still doesn't believe it. He then rattled on about how men get harassed in the workplace too and the 97% is probably including cases of women misconstruing men as harassing them such as "being looked at".
Is he a misogynist, or worse, an incel? I find it pretty disgusting and disappointing that his female friend is insisting this is a thing women experience and proceeding to insist it's not real. I got first cat called at 10. And again in my 20s. I've had repeated incidences of inappropriate behaviour from men and SAd. I know that sadly I'm not the only one. What should I do in this situation? I've been friends with him for a long time, and knew he had conservative political beliefs but tried to respect a difference in opinion. This is too far. Why is he so eager to say "men have it bad too/women can be perpetuaters"??

Please tell me this isn't a common belief men have that it's made up. That is so sad in this day and age.

Let's raise it to 100% then (in GTA)