Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory 5 Harmful Stereotypes Surrounding Incels

uo89997

uo89997

Banned
-
Women, people of color and members of the LGBT community face harmful stereotypes everyday.
  • All women should stay in the kitchen
  • All black men are violent
  • All Gay men are soft
  • All gender non-conforming people are schizophrenic
But incels face stereotyping too.

I mean think about it for a second – we are all in the closet.

We understand that we cannot openly proclaim to society that we are involuntary celibate due to intense negative stereotypes surrounding male virginity.

This confines us to secrecy through our online communities while the rest of society stays convinced that our struggle is not something to be taken seriously; incel fragility as Robin DeAngelo might have called it.

The only way we can start to change some of these harmful stereotypes is if we start to challenge them, is if we ourselves start to break free from them; so let's start now.

1. Incels are not physically healthy

One of the highest upvoted posts on incelphobic subreddit r/IncelTear is a quote mocking incels:

"'feminism is a cancer' he typed, vaping and chugging mountain dew 'it's killing us men.' The microwave dinged, his taquitos were ready."

How is harmful stereotyping like this, stereotyping all incels as unhealthy, any different from stereotyping women with an above average bodyweight as unhealthy and unattractive?

In my opinion, it isn't; this is blatant body-shaming towards men.

Ideas like this are why larger women have historically never appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. Ideas like this are why a woman with down-syndrome was historically barred from being a Victoria's Secret model.

By calling incels fat and unhealthy and using that to discriminate against us, the critic lowers themselves to the level of those who fat shame.

And the idea that all incels are fat is simply not true.

Speaking from personal experience, I am of a normal weight; I am relatively fit and I have been for the entirety of my life.

2. All Incels Are White

If feminists spent more time truly understanding and talking to male virgins, I think what they might be surprised to find is that a lot of involuntary celibates are from ethnic minority groups and are living in a white dominated society (i.e. the West).

Now, this doesn't mean that no incels are white or even that the majority of incels are not white.

It does mean, however, that there exists a large portion of incels who are people of color.

I find that interesting.

While feminists and racial activists claim to be championing racial rights they simultaneously discriminate against incels.

What they might not be realizing is that this could be inadvertent racism since so many incels are of a minority race.

In fact, personally, I myself am not white; I am also part of a minority group.

3. All Incels are unhappy

Another harmful stereotype is that all involuntary celibates need saving; that the only solution to our problem is to find a relationship or to get laid.

Interestingly, this stereotype, while certainly propogated by feminists, is mostly due to us.

By constantly complaining about how much it sucks that we're not getting sex, we come across as whiny and short-sighted which deters others from taking our issues seriously.

This leads to further unhappiness for us which leads to more depressing posts and a continuing cycle.

I think in the coming years we will begin to see a larger and larger group of incels who are content with their celibate lifestyles.

Why?

The alternative, marriage or a relationship, will be worse for the young man than simply staying celibate.

Reasons for this include a) laws that succeed at protecting women but inadvertently discriminate against men and b) the increased complexity in maintaining a relationship exacerbated by technologies such as artificial intelligence and the metaverse.

The end result is an incel community consisting of some incels who choose to stay celibate; a swing towards voluntary celibacy.

Personally, I would consider myself an incel turned volcel. I was forced to become an involuntary celibate due to factors outside of my control but have since chosen to isolate myself from society; my true views are no longer accepted outside of this forum.

4. All Incels think the same

Another harmful stereotype is that incels are uniform in their thought due to their shared virginity. That all incels are patriarchal and hate women; that they do not want co-operation with the other sex.

Patriarchal society, just as it has done to women, has been discriminatory against incels in the past and is currently discriminating against incels in the present.

In a patriarchal society, men with disabilities, mental illness, colored pigmentation and shorter height are all discriminated against (qualities common amongst many involuntary celibates).

This is why I wrote my post The Patriarchy is the true reason we are incels, not women explaining how the patriarchy effects us.

Now, while this post did receive a lot of backlash from peers of mine who truly do believe in a patriarchal society (one where women should be subservient to men), it also received a lot of praise from incels who think differently.

As @based_meme states, "Yes, this is a point that has seldom been brought up around here. It's true that women only have power because men in power gave it to them. Most users here think women are to blame for society's problems when the reality is that they've been enabled and allowed to act the way they do."

5. Male virginity is embarrassing

As I mentioned at the top of my post, we are all still in the closet as incels; we are all still in hiding.

This is solely due to societal standards surrounding male virginity.

If society truly respected everyone, regardless of their past sexual experience, more and more incels would feel comfortable discussing their issues publicly and we would be able to openly confront the incel problem.

But society doesn't respect everyone.

Virginity in males is commonly viewed as embarrassing and a defect whereas virginity in females is viewed as holy and sanctimonious.

This is actually the inverse of a flawed type of thinking that feminists love to criticize: slut shaming.

While society shames male virgins they praise males who are able to obtain sex with many women (player, pimp, hustler). On the opposite side, praise for female virginity leads to shame for females who have too much sex (slut, whore, hussy).

So doesn't it follow that if you support a woman's right to sleep with whoever she pleases you should also support a man's right not to?

That male virginity shouldn't be something to be ashamed about but instead should be something that doesn't matter?

I certainly think so.

What about you?

Last edited:
rare high iq thread:feelsokman:

#6 incels don't have a job

this stereotype is because minority of NEETs shitpost for 6 hours straight, but employed incels staying silent to avoid revealing too much personal information and being identified, or because their job isn't that interesting to talk about in the first place

Last edited:
#6 incels don't have a job

this stereotype is because minority of NEETs shitpost for 6 hours straight, but employed incels don't want to reveal where they work, so they wouldn't be indetified or because their job isn't that interesting to talk about in the first place
Yes. Please, add more and think of your own.

I agree with this one as well. I have worked multiple jobs and my female coworkers weren't exactly scrambling to have sex with me.

Pretty good post actually:feelsLightsaber:

I think in the coming years we will begin to see a larger and larger group of incels who are content with their celibate lifestyles.

Why?

The alternative, marriage or a relationship, will be worse for the young man than simply staying celibate.
Interesting point and i agree. Actually one of my first posts was Being born an incel may have saved your life. were i tried to talk about the problems we avoid by being incels but was called coper.

Moving on; Natural selection has influence on our relation with other men and our very social status so if you are not accepted by your peers because of sexual standards you may look at yourself and think you are or have a problem and "Male virginity is embarrassing" presented very well.

Interesting point and i agree. Actually one of my first posts was Being born an incel may have saved your life. were i tried to talk about the problems we avoid by being incels but was called coper.
Interesting, will have to give it a read.
Moving on; Natural selection has influence on our relation with other men and our very social status so if you are not accepted by your peers because of sexual standards you may look at yourself and think you are or have a problem and "Male virginity is embarrassing" presented very well.
Correct. When I have told male friends of mine of my virginity in the past it has been met with laughter and/or mockery; this was not their fault but instead the fault of our societal standards towards the concept of male virginity.

Interesting, will have to give it a read.

Correct. When I have told male friends of mine of my virginity in the past it has been met with laughter and/or mockery; this was not their fault but instead the fault of our societal standards towards the concept of male virginity.
Sad how primal the modern society is still. Instead of being encouraged the achive superior things we are judged by the number of numbers we penetrated a female.

As @based_meme states, "Yes, this is a point that has seldom been brought up around here. It's true that women only have power because men in power gave it to them. Most users here think women are to blame for society's problems when the reality is that they've been enabled and allowed to act the way they do."
Before anyone misunderstands, I'm not absolving women in society of responsibility. They have still agency and act in destructive ways towards society. Allowing somebody to have a gun and giving them the weapon doesn't absolve the recipient of the weapon of the responsibility of shooting others.

Before anyone misunderstands, I'm not absolving women in society of responsibility. They have still agency and act in destructive ways towards society. Allowing somebody to have a gun and giving them the weapon doesn't absolve the recipient of the weapon of the responsibility of shooting others.
This is a good point, I too think both parties (the men in power and the female attitude surrounding incels) are partially to blame for the predicament we find ourselves in.

So doesn't it follow that if you support a woman's right to sleep with whoever she pleases you should also support a man's right not to?
They technically do support a man's right not to. However they will still inflict social shame on men who are UNABLE to.

They technically do support a man's right not to. However they will still inflict social shame on men who are UNABLE to.
It's just them saying it to make it seem like they care about depressed sexless men :feelsjuice:

It's just them saying it to make it seem like they care about depressed sexless men :feelsjuice:
They don't. They actually want men to be sexless so they can look down upon others. "I may have it bad, but not as bad as these losers".

Ogreat poster, any tips for me to create good topics like this?

Women, people of color and members of the LGBT community face harmful stereotypes everyday.
  • All women should stay in the kitchen
  • All black men are violent
  • All Gay men are soft
  • All gender non-conforming people are schizophrenic
But incels face stereotyping too.

I mean think about it for a second – we are all in the closet.

We understand that we cannot openly proclaim to society that we are involuntary celibate due to intense negative stereotypes surrounding male virginity.

This confines us to secrecy through our online communities while the rest of society stays convinced that our struggle is not something to be taken seriously; incel fragility as Robin DeAngelo might have called it.

The only way we can start to change some of these harmful stereotypes is if we start to challenge them, is if we ourselves start to break free from them; so let's start now.

1. Incels are not physically healthy

One of the highest upvoted posts on incelphobic subreddit r/IncelTear is a quote mocking incels:

"'feminism is a cancer' he typed, vaping and chugging mountain dew 'it's killing us men.' The microwave dinged, his taquitos were ready."

How is harmful stereotyping like this, stereotyping all incels as unhealthy, any different from stereotyping women with an above average bodyweight as unhealthy and unattractive?

In my opinion, it isn't; this is blatant body-shaming towards men.

Ideas like this are why larger women have historically never appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. Ideas like this are why a woman with down-syndrome was historically barred from being a Victoria's Secret model.

By calling incels fat and unhealthy and using that to discriminate against us, the critic lowers themselves to the level of those who fat shame.

And the idea that all incels are fat is simply not true.

Speaking from personal experience, I am of a normal weight; I am relatively fit and I have been for the entirety of my life.

2. All Incels Are White

If feminists spent more time truly understanding and talking to male virgins, I think what they might be surprised to find is that a lot of involuntary celibates are from ethnic minority groups and are living in a white dominated society (i.e. the West).

Now, this doesn't mean that no incels are white or even that the majority of incels are not white.

It does mean, however, that there exists a large portion of incels who are people of color.

I find that interesting.

While feminists and racial activists claim to be championing racial rights they simultaneously discriminate against incels.

What they might not be realizing is that this could be inadvertent racism since so many incels are of a minority race.

In fact, personally, I myself am not white; I am also part of a minority group.

3. All Incels are unhappy

Another harmful stereotype is that all involuntary celibates need saving; that the only solution to our problem is to find a relationship or to get laid.

Interestingly, this stereotype, while certainly propogated by feminists, is mostly due to us.

By constantly complaining about how much it sucks that we're not getting sex, we come across as whiny and short-sighted which deters others from taking our issues seriously.

This leads to further unhappiness for us which leads to more depressing posts and a continuing cycle.

Why?

Reasons for this include a) laws that succeed at protecting women but inadvertently discriminate against men and b) the increased complexity in maintaining a relationship exacerbated by technologies such as artificial intelligence and the metaverse.

The end result is an incel community consisting of some incels who choose to stay celibate; a swing towards voluntary celibacy.

Personally, I would consider myself an incel turned volcel. I was forced to become an involuntary celibate due to factors outside of my control but have since chosen to isolate myself from society; my true views are no longer accepted outside of this forum.

4. All Incels think the same

Another harmful stereotype is that incels are uniform in their thought due to their shared virginity. That all incels are patriarchal and hate women; that they do not want co-operation with the other sex.

Patriarchal society, just as it has done to women, has been discriminatory against incels in the past and is currently discriminating against incels in the present.

In a patriarchal society, men with disabilities, mental illness, colored pigmentation and shorter height are all discriminated against (qualities common amongst many involuntary celibates).

This is why I wrote my post The Patriarchy is the true reason we are incels, not women explaining how the patriarchy effects us.

Now, while this post did receive a lot of backlash from peers of mine who truly do believe in a patriarchal society (one where women should be subservient to men), it also received a lot of praise from incels who think differently.

5. Male virginity is embarrassing

As I mentioned at the top of my post, we are all still in the closet as incels; we are all still in hiding.

This is solely due to societal standards surrounding male virginity.

If society truly respected everyone, regardless of their past sexual experience, more and more incels would feel comfortable discussing their issues publicly and we would be able to openly confront the incel problem.

But society doesn't respect everyone.

Virginity in males is commonly viewed as embarrassing and a defect whereas virginity in females is viewed as holy and sanctimonious.

This is actually the inverse of a flawed type of thinking that feminists love to criticize: slut shaming.

While society shames male virgins they praise males who are able to obtain sex with many women (player, pimp, hustler). On the opposite side, praise for female virginity leads to shame for females who have too much sex (slut, whore, hussy).

That male virginity shouldn't be something to be ashamed about but instead should be something that doesn't matter?

I certainly think so.

What about you?
High iq post

society will always put the shame on man , so woman can stay the vile phoney " victims that they really are .

Well I'm white, 5'4, 110lbs (50kg), very ugly... of course I'm whiney... I have no IRL friends... even my mom knows it never began for me... she doesn't care... she even told me once "it's ok to not have a gf" (I never asked or questioned that, she knows I'm not gay, but she also knows I will never be able to attract a foid...)

I'll stay a small wolf forever, not taken seriously by the other wolves, I'll never grow to find a partner etc.

This Is my First post on incel.is

I have some doubt you can call yourself volcel since, in First instance, you are incel. A condition that involves the lack of choice to have a significant One.

And I say women are the ones that discriminate men, according the literature that proves they prefer men with higher income and status.

Their selection Is classist.

And patriarchy Is a mistification. The patriarchy existed as many other social orders, but you refer to "Feminist Theory of patriarchy": an all-long oppression of all men on all women.

Wich Is a pretty weak Theory that doesn't focus on all the technology and technical improvements that did lead women to abandon their gender role.

Patriarchy as intended, Is nothing more than see the past with today moral lenses, ignoring the past mentality of women of all ages.

For that, I prefer express the "bi-sexism" Theory, since men got hard too.

Last edited:
. A maioria dos usuários aqui pensa que as mulheres são as culpadas pelos problemas da sociedade quando a realidade é que elas foram habilitadas e autorizadas a agir da maneira que agem
based, this is the fault of politicians cuck

Amazing thread!