Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Subreddit called 'menwritingwomen'

andinocel

andinocel

Overlord
★★
Its both annoying and entertaining. I stumbled across a thread titled "What book made you stop?". Much of the posts are fun to read, but this one stands out to me:

Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay. The first thing that took me out of it is that it had a female character - who is later revealed to be a very chaste person - have sex with the main character in order to try to prevent him from overhearing a message intended for a secret organization she was part of. .........The main character was really sexual harass-y.

This triggers foids, because they KNOW DAMN FUCKING WELL that they use sex as leverage and a defense weapon, but its a forbdden knowledge that they don't want men to know, and only beta white knights buy into the crap that women are the more ethical and pure gender.

Then another female character is introduced who's sort of a jaded concubine to the big villain of the book. Turns out she's the daughter of someone the villain killed, and she's been plotting to kill him all this time. As bad as that is , the part that made me drop the book in disgust is when she started to develop feelings for the villain. Not only did he kill her beloved father, but she's been his sex slave for years and she's just now, when her plans are close to fruition, going to spare him because she loves him now?

Another aspect that triggers foids, because it is true (and history has shown) that women do become sexually receptive towards the men that defeat and/or kill their male family members

Heres the link to that thread:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/menwritingwomen/comments/aaugmm/what_book_made_you_stopalmost_stop_reading_it/

Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay. The first thing that took me out of it is that it had a female character - who is later revealed to be a very chaste person - have sex with the main character in order to try to prevent him from overhearing a message intended for a secret organization she was part of. .........The main character was really sexual harass-y.
What's supposed to be weird about this:feelshaha:? I absolutely don't get her point, sexuality definitely plays a part in esponiage or, as in the scene she's describing, surprise counterespionage:feelshmm:.

This triggers foids, because they KNOW DAMN FUCKING WELLthat they use sex as leverage and a defense weapon, but its a forbdden knowledge that they don't want men to know, and only beta white knights buy into the crap that women are the more ethical and pure gender.
Exactly:yes::yes::yes:.

Then another female character is introduced who's sort of a jaded concubine to the big villain of the book. Turns out she's the daughter of someone the villain killed, and she's been plotting to kill him all this time. As bad as that is , the part that made me drop the book in disgust is when she started to develop feelings for the villain. Not only did he kill her beloved father, but she's been his sex slave for years and she's just now, when her plans are close to fruition, going to spare him because she loves him now?
They are actually complaining that something was better written than they wanted it to be:feelskek:. If anything, it would've been weird and made the character seem two-dimensional if she hadn't at least slightly changed her opinion of him despite being in his close proximity for years.

If it's possible IRL to hold an entire family prisoner in their own home and get them to kill each other over a couple of months just by being such a persuasive individual that you get referred to as the "mind control killer", then I don't see anything weird with a book character slowly growing feelings for a chatacter she had been interacting and having sex with for years, even if it's a villain who killed her father and has her basically as a sex slave.

Last edited:
If it triggers fat ugly women on reddit then it's good writing.