Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion How long did you lurk before joining?

• Thread starter comradespiderman29
  • Start date
comradespiderman29

comradespiderman29

Major
★★
I found the Blackpill Last year, lurked here, but commented on Dbdr/Rehab room videos, that's how I coped. Wish I joined earlier, instead of lurking.

i lurked for an hour back in 2021 but then i left and forgot about .is
then i came back in august 2022, lurked for a week and then made an account
then i selfbanned in may 2023 few months later im back again :society:

I started lurking around spring 2022. Kept lurking during the summer and fall before finally making an account in November of that year.

The best posts I saw then that I wish I could find was one discussing how most men are going to be miserable by their 40s like us and we're just experiencing the misery early. (a cope post tbh)

And another post going over how no one's entitled to safety.

I don't remember tbh but not that long. 2 months at most I think.
I've been blackpilled for 3 or 4 years but only recently did I go from knowing it's over to really feeling it.

a month before joining

I started lurking in November 2023.

From Reddit to Inceldia in a second

I immidiately created an account once i stumpled upon this site

This isn't my first account but in 2023 I joined because r/IncelTears always posts you guys and you're relatable

I lurked for a few months. I eventually made an account because I kept wanting to reply to threads but couldn't.

like a month and a half. I wasn't hesitating or anything but it's better to understand the lingo and culture of a forum before posting.

2 minutes. Although I lurked on Master's twitter page for 2 or 3 days until I found this site.

Roughly 1 year
Found this place because of Incelmatics

Not at all. But I was aware of the forum from my IT bluepill days. When the blackpill hit me like a truck, I knew this was the only place for me.

I found the blackpill in December 2022 but didn't find this site until I saw it in a meme in late 2023

Not at all. But I was aware of the forum from my IT bluepill days. When the blackpill hit me like a truck, I knew this was the only place for me.
Wait, there are former IT members on this site??

I'm curious, what made you finally change your mind?

Lurked a lot around 2019/2020 joined in 2021

I found the Blackpill Last year, lurked here, but commented on Dbdr/Rehab room videos, that's how I coped. Wish I joined earlier, instead of lurking.
I lurked for 1 hour and immediately made an account on here. I was watching blackpill content like Rehab Room on YouTube for quite a while before I found this forum though.

This isn't my first account but in 2023 I joined because r/IncelTears always posts you guys and you're relatable
IncelTears users are truly horrible people. I hope one of my comments makes it's way into an IncelTears post. It would give me pleasure to know they took time out of their day just to try to put me down. Most people on IncelTears are incels in denial just shitting on us to try to make themselves feel better.

4 months. I was hesitant to register cuz you couldn’t use a vpn for signing up but then I stopped giving a shit

I never lurked, lurking is for faggots

I created my account in the same day I found the forum.

1 year. I thought I was a normie JFL.

I didn't I just found out about this forum n joined the same day because I already knew I'd like it

Didn't know about this forum till I joined, it doesn't come up unless you type the actual link in. I found the site from a youtuber. I have been blackpilled for years, I am a long term user of a hairloss forum where unsurprisingly there is a lot of blackpillers and incels.

I don't know exactly, but I think it was less than a month.

Nearly 1.5 years
Did u start in 2020?

I would technically say about 2.5 years but I have an account from 2021 that I used to troll. So about a year of lurking before my first account

Did u start in 2020?

I would technically say about 2.5 years but I have an account from 2021 that I used to troll. So about a year of lurking before my first account
I started in July 2021

Either 6 mo or a year?

Heard the word from Roosh, the redpill salesman... "Oh them incels..." (Said semi-fondly and without hate or malice.)

It was the first site that popped up on a search for incels.

Lurked after finding out how "hated" we were... Joined after saying, "fuck it. I'm already doomed. Might as well join."

A few years. I still lurk. Not a postmaxxer. I’m an antisocial oldcel

Last edited:
I started in July 2021
More recent than I thought
Either 6 mo or a year?

Heard the word from Roosh, the redpill salesman... "Oh them incels..." (Said semi-fondly and without hate or malice.)

It was the first site that popped up on a search for incels.

Lurked after finding out how "hated" we were... Joined after saying, "fuck it. I'm already doomed. Might as well join."
didn’t u say u were on Usenet incel groups back in the 90s?

didn’t u say u were on Usenet incel groups back in the 90s?
I used Usenet via dialup but not for incel clubs. It was a way to get photographs, and music, "overnight." Since ~3mb (a 3 minute song) took a hour plus to get...

Just search the indexes and tell you're email client to get the files. Eventually stuff showed up. (Sometimes it was literally a virus!)
Back then you had to be real careful about evil java... Today I am very weary of it.

I'm sure (paid) Usenet still exists, but it's probably more monitored and far less safe. Torrents are faster... But Usenet still could make a comeback.... Maybe.

@Emba were u on it during the 80s or only early 90s and beyond?