Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Extraversion and introversion are just results

heimi233

heimi233

Greycel
I have a theory that being an extrovert and introvert is nothing more than a result of how an individual was treated and what kind of feedback they got from their peers and the society as a whole

if one is not attractive, then his environment rejects him, refuses to interact with him for other reasons than using him as a disposable object or even worse - bullies him. That's why this individual doesn't want to interact with society to avoid being hurt and becomes an introvert, to not be treated like trash.

on the other hand, if one is attractive, then he becomes an extrovert, because he got posivite feedback from his peers, they treated him well, invited him to parties etc.
therefore he gets confident and wants to interact with others, because he has coded in his mind that he's always welcome. but if someone treats him like trash, then he doesn't give a fuck, because someone else will accept him

bullying at school makes you high inhib schizo who questions his own every step, action, how you look, what you talk etc.

tbh i had some introverted tendencies even when i was a kid of 5 yo, i remember how i daydreamed about ending up on an uninhabited island alone by myself under my blanket or something. I could've overcame it of course if i were attractive or physically strong.

There is true extraversion and introversion. Extraversion is defined as gaining energy from social experiences. While for an introvert social interactions are draining and they gain mental energy by being alone. But obviously if everybody hates or mocks you then even as an extrovert you don't want to interact with others. The way to determine if you're extroverted or introverted is by looking at your early childhood. The state you were in back then is probably your natural state.

Or you can look at your biggest fears and aspirations. Which will then give insight into your most dominant function (the opposite of the function that is responsible for your fear/aspiration) and the dominant cognitive function determines your extra/introversion.

There is a genetic component
AND
There is an environmental component.

If someone is mistreated, he usually learns to lay low to avoid further mistreatment. This is the environmental component. Ugly, short, non-NT males are almost universally treated badly, so they tend to become MORE introverted than their genetics alone would warrant.

Among the people who receive normal treatment, there is also a variation in extraversion, which is mostly genetic.

Correct, but its also important to mention that NT also plays a very big role. Tbh i never saw a legit Aspie who is naturally extroverted. They are all introverted because of years of negative reinforcement

Some factors can't be changed. A 20 year old introvert can't magically become extrovert by training

Introversion is essentially a glitch of the brain where social interactions aren't rewarded with dopamine like they are in a extrovert's brain. Everything we observe is a more or less direct consequence of that. That's why some chads are genuinely shy in spite of all the positive reinforcement.

I have a theory that being an extrovert and introvert is nothing more than a result of how an individual was treated and what kind of feedback they got from their peers and the society as a whole

if one is not attractive, then his environment rejects him, refuses to interact with him for other reasons than using him as a disposable object or even worse - bullies him. That's why this individual doesn't want to interact with society to avoid being hurt and becomes an introvert, to not be treated like trash.

on the other hand, if one is attractive, then he becomes an extrovert, because he got posivite feedback from his peers, they treated him well, invited him to parties etc.
therefore he gets confident and wants to interact with others, because he has coded in his mind that he's always welcome. but if someone treats him like trash, then he doesn't give a fuck, because someone else will accept him
no some are legit born more introverted, my my father and my brothers including me are all on a more neurotic/quiet spectrum. i think if anything dudes who talk to much give off trying to hard energy and i cant help but just think fuck off with trying so hard for crumbs of validation, its over for many men and they will do anything to not seem aspie