Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Yuval Noah Harari explains why being incel is the worse thing you can live

Inbuddhist

Inbuddhist

Major
He talks about how people try to find meaning through some fictional stories like religion, nation, being a part of something bigger than oneself, leaving something behind etc etc. Then he talks about why those copes still fail for most people to give meaning, and adds this

"
For those who don’t trust any great chains, any future legacies or any collective epics, perhaps the safest and most parsimonious story they can turn to is romance. It doesn’t seek to go beyond the here and now. As countless love poems testify, when you are in love, the entire universe is reduced to the earlobe, the eyelash or the nipple of your beloved. When gazing at Juliet leaning her cheek upon her hand, Romeo exclaims ‘O, that I were a glove upon that hand, That I might touch that cheek!’ By connecting with a single body here and now, you feel connected with the entire cosmos. In truth, your beloved is just another human, no different in essence from the multitudes you ignore every day on the train and in the supermarket. But to you, he or she seems infinite, and you are happy to lose yourself in that infinity. Mystic poets of all traditions have often conflated romantic love with cosmic union, writing about God as a lover. Romantic poets have repaid the compliment by writing about their lovers as gods. If you are really in love with someone, you never worry about the meaning of life."

"

He talks about how people try to find meaning through some fictional stories like religion, nation, being a part of something bigger than oneself, leaving something behind etc etc. Then he talks about why those copes still fail for most people to give meaning, and adds this

"
For those who don’t trust any great chains, any future legacies or any collective epics, perhaps the safest and most parsimonious story they can turn to is romance. It doesn’t seek to go beyond the here and now. As countless love poems testify, when you are in love, the entire universe is reduced to the earlobe, the eyelash or the nipple of your beloved. When gazing at Juliet leaning her cheek upon her hand, Romeo exclaims ‘O, that I were a glove upon that hand, That I might touch that cheek!’ By connecting with a single body here and now, you feel connected with the entire cosmos. In truth, your beloved is just another human, no different in essence from the multitudes you ignore every day on the train and in the supermarket. But to you, he or she seems infinite, and you are happy to lose yourself in that infinity. Mystic poets of all traditions have often conflated romantic love with cosmic union, writing about God as a lover. Romantic poets have repaid the compliment by writing about their lovers as gods. If you are really in love with someone, you never worry about the meaning of life."

"
Thanks, forgot about this very relevant paragraph in Sapiens.

Harari nails it, I wish more people would read him. His philosophy is very reminiscent of terror management theory.

Nah, love is just natural high from endorphins. Nothing transcendental just an illusion to trick you into propagate your selfish genes. If you want to experience it just shot opiates. Or psychedelics.

True, it is literally the best thing there is and no cope can surpass that feeling. And we are all left without it and people wonder why there are school shooters.

Harari nails it, I wish more people would read him. His philosophy is very reminiscent of terror management theory.

This one is from "21 lessons from the 21th century", that's what you think you forgot it.
Nah, love is just natural high from endorphins. Nothing transcendental just an illusion to trick you into propagate your selfish genes. If you want to experience it just shot opiates. Or psychedelics.

The fact that love is a biochemical organism (what Yuval Harari actually knows and agrees with) isn't contradicty with the quote.

thats pretty much what it says lol

thats pretty much what it says lol

Exactly, lol at thinking Yuval Noah Harari (a naturalist atheist who constantly writes about the human propension of using fictions) believes in a surnatural love.

Strong suifuel. It reminds me of the quote from the Terence Malick film “The Tree Of Life”:

“Unless you love, your life will flash by”

Life seems long as an incel, but really, our lives will simply be tiny forgotten flashes in the pan, with nothing good to remember, and nothing to show for anything.

My belief is that a man should fight for his joy, his fun, he should build his life.

If that man is forced to live without a partner, his life needs to be filled with other joys. However, if he is unable to enjoy his life, he will turn against the society.

And that is what he must do. No matter what it takes, we all need to fight for whatever we need to enjoy our life.

In that effort, in that mission, in the determination to do whatever you can, it is possible to find moments of joy. Moments of hope. And to die knowing you had a goal. Your life had a meaning. You were doing what a man should do. You played the life. You were not a NPC. You were not a passive victim.

One of the joys on this road is, when you meet likeminded men. If this was hundreds of years in the past, we would be pirates. We would be bandits, outcasts, rebels and raiders. We would die trying to achieve our goal.

But as slaves of todays degenerate society, we are only allowed to meet annonymously in places like this.

Is that going to stop us?

Not me.

High IQ. I just bought his new book, gonna start it this week.

My belief is that a man should fight for his joy, his fun, he should build his life.

If that man is forced to live without a partner, his life needs to be filled with other joys. However, if he is unable to enjoy his life, he will turn against the society.

And that is what he must do. No matter what it takes, we all need to fight for whatever we need to enjoy our life.

In that effort, in that mission, in the determination to do whatever you can, it is possible to find moments of joy. Moments of hope. And to die knowing you had a goal. Your life had a meaning. You were doing what a man should do. You played the life. You were not a NPC. You were not a passive victim.

One of the joys on this road is, when you meet likeminded men. If this was hundreds of years in the past, we would be pirates. We would be bandits, outcasts, rebels and raiders. We would die trying to achieve our goal.

But as slaves of todays degenerate society, we are only allowed to meet annonymously in places like this.

Not me.
This was a joy to read. So many limp dicks around here.

I say we all get together and become pirates. The MSM would have a stroke if a crew of bloodthirsty incels was plundering cargo ships on the high seas.

ARRR MATEY! I BE A PIRATECEL! I STEAL YOUR BOOTY BECAUSE I CANT GET NONE OF ME OWN! NOW WATCH THIS FOID WALK THE PLANK!

Stratospheric IQ. In my experience, the more you lose hope in everything, the more you long for sex and romance with prime women. Because that's all of significance there's left, really.

But as an incel you don't stand any chance and it's torturous.

Not me.

High IQ. This is inspiring shit right here.

It's all over anyway... hoist the black flag lol.