Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Youngcel trait: You don't like point and click games

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I'm a zoomercel born in the very late 90s so the point and click genre was pretty much dead in those years except some games like Grim Fandango, but if you compare it with the 80s and early 90s (Leisure suite larry, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis, etc.) it wasn't as nearly as popular. Technology had improved so this kind of game with slow gameplay became obsolete, also people prefered action games rather than doing detective's job and solving puzzles that sometimes are too complicated or don't make any sense. I think it's one of those genres that unless you're high IQ enough or very patient to play without a walkthrough, is not enjoyable unless you grew up with.

The point and click community is mostly Gen X and old millennials who played these games in their parents 80s/90s computers, therefore they know all the tropes and have that nostalgia for them so they are good and can enjoy them. They say that back in the day it was very normal to be stuck for weeks without knowing how to solve a puzzle but that was part of the fun, honestly I'm too impatient to see the fun in that. I like puzzles in RPG or action games but point and click is just puzzle after puzzle (and dialogue) so it becomes boring and hard for me. Tried the Secret of Monkey Island and gave up after 1 hour and half. I talked to every NPC and got some objects but I didn't know what the fuck to do and doing trial and error is pointless.

Imagine not playing freddi fish.

Same, I hate games when they become too intense with puzzles and I end up giving them up.
I just have no patience for anything, less for a slow paced game.

I actually desperately want a point and click Jojo game

I actually desperately want a point and click Jojo game
Ha, would be amazing actually

Find Dio, and when you find him you must fight with him

I'm a zoomercel born in the very late 90s so the point and click genre was pretty much dead in those years except some games like Grim Fandango, but if you compare it with the 80s and early 90s (Leisure suite larry, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis, etc.) it wasn't as nearly as popular. Technology had improved so this kind of game with slow gameplay became obsolete, also people prefered action games rather than doing detective's job and solving puzzles that sometimes are too complicated or don't make any sense. I think it's one of those genres that unless you're high IQ enough or very patient to play without a walkthrough, is not enjoyable unless you grew up with.

The point and click community is mostly Gen X and old millennials who played these games in their parents 80s/90s computers, therefore they know all the tropes and have that nostalgia for them so they are good and can enjoy them. They say that back in the day it was very normal to be stuck for weeks without knowing how to solve a puzzle but that was part of the fun, honestly I'm too impatient to see the fun in that. I like puzzles in RPG or action games but point and click is just puzzle after puzzle (and dialogue) so it becomes boring and hard for me. Tried the Secret of Monkey Island and gave up after 1 hour and half. I talked to every NPC and got some objects but I didn't know what the fuck to do and doing trial and error is pointless.
Lamo 90s is millennial not zoomer

Ha, would be amazing actually

Find Dio, and when you find him you must fight with him
Dio the incel steals a Chad body to have children with

Dio the incel steals a Chad body to have children with
Real, and becomes a gigachad in the process

Hmmmm.. dont you think that Araki-made endings are kinda ridiculous? Like.. how da fuck Jotaro stopped time juuuust in time? How? Nobody knows

Overkill villains require overkill methods, i suppose, Kars is a damn god on this earth

Kira's death is so fucking stupid, ambulance, my ass

Real, and becomes a gigachad in the process

Hmmmm.. dont you think that Araki-made endings are kinda ridiculous? Like.. how da fuck Jotaro stopped time juuuust in time? How? Nobody knows

Overkill villains require overkill methods, i suppose, Kars is a damn god on this earth

Kira's death is so fucking stupid, ambulance, my ass
Stone ocean is the only ending where the main villain wins in a way sorta. Dio fulfilled his destiny in killing the original jotaro and by chance his foid joestarlet jolyne and screws up the prime universe.

The same goes for part 8 where a similar outcome happened

Last edited:
Stone ocean is the only ending where the main villain wins in a way sorta. Dio fulfilled his destiny in killing the original jotaro and by chance his foid joestarlet jolyne and screws up the prime universe.
Yeah, but dies in a stupid way too

Araki loves to build up OP villains, then kills them with something equally as OP

Diavolo XD

Yeah, but dies in a stupid way too

Araki loves to build up OP villains, then kills them with something equally as OP

Diavolo XD
We need an incel who steals a Chad body to override the chads DNA with his being the main dnas source.

I'm a 33 yo millennial that grew up playing and even enjoying Putt-Putt and Freddy Fish and Pajama Sam point and clicks, and yet, I despise point and click games. And my brother, for some reason, loved Creature Crunch, which had puzzles that didn't even make any fucking sense; fuck that stupid game, too. :fuk:

So it's not just a youngcel trait.