Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion You guys think the mental health community created this disorder to describe us?

I just learned I'm schizoid

I don't have a tendency towards any of those things I was forced into this.

if we were really schizoid then we wouldn’t care what other people think or care about relationships or sex.

We are just social rejects, and everything else is cope.

if we were really schizoid then we wouldn’t care what other people think or care about relationships or sex.
I dont care what other people think and don't care about relationships. I care about sex tho

For intellau and sneir maybe

I dont care what other people think and don't care about relationships. I care about sex tho
Just being on this forum or interacting with people here means you are likely not schizoid.

Ive got schizoid disorder bro

Emo Meme Sticker - Emo Meme Chat Bubble - Discover & Share GIFs

Me wanting to talk to people isn't the same as wanting to form social relationships with people.
Schizoids don’t care about talking to people either.

Schizoids don't seek relationships and friendships because social validation and social interaction is just a chore for them.

We incels are mostly omega males, we have zero genetic desirability (unlike alpha males) and zero social wherewithal (status, security, resources, persuasiveness etc.) to be able to afford transactional relationships (such as beta males do).

Most of us desire social and sexual interaction but we're just not attractive enough.

I don't have a tendency towards any of those things I was forced into this.
:yes:
If anything I’d be a normie if society gave me the chance.

Is there any link between this disorder and schizophrenia ?

I think the names are just unfortunately similar TBH.
Is there any link between this disorder and schizophrenia ?
Actually schizoid, schizotypical, schizophrenia are all considered to be parts of a spectrum. They share similarities in how they can seem avoidant of society like normies, but the reasons are different.

Schizophrenics give meaning to things that others would not, like if they see a bird a normal person would just a random animal. A schizo will think it has some bigger meaning, like government spying or some secret synchronicity happening. Since they are trying to find meaning in so many things, it has to compete with normal things that capture a normie’s attention, like socialization. Paranoid schizos are not the only kinds of schizos, but this is just an example of what I mean.

Schizoids are on the opposite side where they don’t give af about anything and don’t see meaning in any of it. Whereas normal people would lock in on faces and we are centred around people, they just see life as a boring movie that’s playing in the room they don’t care about.

where did you get that information from? View attachment 1129933
I read it a while ago. This seems like a good discussion on the subject.

All pseudoscience. The only “mental disorders” with a concrete scientific basis are neurological disorders. All else is merely idealism and the beliefs of the collective consciousness, mixed in with notions of “health”, “rightness", a presupposed "right way to live” and “social conformity”

I gotta say, many of the symptoms sound very relatable.

Dnr therefor i do not have it

True schizoids are volcels, they dont desire sexual nor platonic relationships. This alone makes it mutually exclusive from inceldom.

Although many of its other features are relatable to the experience of an incel lifestyle, it is clearly a distinct construct in a proper clinical context. Let alone the fact the disorder was define long before inceldom became mainstream

I just need a foid to coom

I was relatively normal until society rejected me.