Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill You dont decide your personality, other people do.

• Thread starter Incel_Because_Short
  • Start date
I

Incel_Because_Short

Veteran
How a person is and how they act are a direct product of the society they were raised in and how they were treated. When you speak with someone, you're not really speaking to them, but rather you're speaking to the socialized end product that was shaped into the behaviours and personality that they exhibit today. In that sense, it makes no sense to claim that some people are outgoing or they're shy, because these traits were manufactured from their own lived experiences, not a choice they made on their own.

Let's take two opposing examples. First, a young boy. This young boy was smaller than the other young boys so he typically got picked last when it came to team sports. This action may have lead him to believe that he is not good at sports, and therefore does not try, but his conclusion did not come alone, it came from a response to the external, social World reacting to his attempt to play sports. Thus, he is driven to be more secluded and to take interest in solitary hobbies and activites.

Next, let's take a young lady who blossomed early into an attractive woman. If she were a cute girl all of her youth, she would have been fed with endless compliments, favouritism from teachers, and loving behaviour from the boys her age. When she matures into a woman, she, unsurprisingly, is a positive, upbeat, extraverted woman who is comfortable in her own shoes and enjoys talking to people.

But let us take a deeper reflection on this young woman. Did she just one day decide in her maturity to become this extraverted, confident woman? Of course not. Her personality and demeanour was shaped and formed by external social stimuli. The society she lives in has chosen to reward her for her good looks by reacting positively to her attempts to socialize, and rewarding her for being present in social events. As a consequence, it is of no surprise that she became the confident woman that she is, because that is what society has shaped her to be.

Let's return then to the young boy mentioned earlier. He develops into a young man who is not so attractive. He has a nose that is too big and is short for a man. His attempts to be confident are not taken seriously and if anything, are derided. His presence does not add any real value in social situations. So as an adult, you may find this man to be secluded, introverted and does not like being in a crowd. Did he spontanoeusly decide to be a loner, or did years of people not valuing his presence shape him to be one? Did he just decide to be unconfident, or was it the ridicule that was thrown at him when he did try to be confident convince him that he should learn his place?

Nay, indeed people are not individuals who just decide what their personalities are going to be. Their personalities were kneaded, shaped and formed by the society they are in. So to say that someone's personality is better than another's is like comparing the genetics of two different people; it is entirely outside of their control.

Yes, therefore society created our hateful personalities. What the hell do people expect when you've been treated badly your whole life?

This is the strange thing I don’t understand about society, they think that personality is something in our control when in reality it is shaped by external factors: such as the way you are treated by others, (mainly based on looks which is out of your control but also based on your degree of conformity to social norms and values based on your level of neurotypicality, which is also out of your control).

An unattractive male might approach the world with a positive and optimistic mindset at first, he might initially be full of confidence, but after he gets continuously bullied by other men and rejected by women (because of his bad looks), he will start to become more shy, reserved and quiet due to negative reinforcement.

Conversely an attractive male might be introvertive at first (shy, reserved and quiet) but women will beg to get fucked by him and guys will desperately try to befriend him (because of his good looks), so as a result of this positive reinforcement he becomes more outgoing, confident and extrovertive

Society truly shapes each persons personality based on how they treat each person. This is known as the “halo effect”.

Last edited:
@Marquis de Sade this should be pinned, so that all those normies who claim that we are in control of whether women like us or not because women select mates based on personality, will finally realise that even if women did select men based on personality (which is not true), then they would still be selecting men based on things out of their control because personality is also out of your control

School Shootings wouldn't happen if the school shooters weren't bullied before.

uhhh sweaty he became inkweel because he didnt try!!:soy:
truthfully it never even begins

If I were to explain this to my counselor or my mother or anyone in general they still wouldn't believe it and would say I did it to myself

Your looks determine how your personality is perceived.

If I were to explain this to my counselor or my mother or anyone in general they still wouldn't believe it and would say I did it to myself
They're religiously bluepilled. It'd be like an atheist trying to convince a Christian there is no God.

2008: My chemistry teacher told my mom that I was "a class clown" (something she always reminds me of)

2022: My coworkers describe me as "quiet

:feelsclown:

Perfectly explained, nice job.

2008: My chemistry teacher told my mom that I was "a class clown" (something she always reminds me of)

2022: My coworkers describe me as "quiet

:feelsclown:
You wised Up, like most of US do. No point in being a clown tbh

You wised Up, like most of US do. No point in being a clown tbh
Agreed. I jestermaxxed because I thought that was the only way I could make myself be noticed.

No shit, our personalities are social constructs. It’s all based on the collective conscience we live in. Those that live in poor inner cities do not have one main collective conscience because so many poor people with barriers such as language are moving in and out of the inner cities, meaning that the collective conscience which determines what is acceptable for a person to say or do is on a micro level, not a macro level like society deeming murder to be morally wrong. Lions for example are not bound by the social construct of murder being a moral wrong and because of that we see them hunting and killing prey as the law of the jungle rather than a morally corrupt action. A lot of incels deem rape to be acceptable in their collective conscience that they formed in this website because of being outcasted by society. Similarly, the collective conscience of general American society allows chad and Stacy to do whatever they want while punishing incels for merely existing. Pin my shit mods

If we are the end products of society do we still hold responsibility if we turn into monsters?

"When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you“.