Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Yin and Yang: some incel in every volcel, some volcel in every incel

Sheogorath

Sheogorath

Paragon
★★★★★
Does anyone ever get the sense that these labels are somewhat of a false dichotomy?

"Incels" who claim to have 0 standards holding them back from attaining sex or relationships, most likely do have some (perhaps incredibly low) standards when it comes to pursuing sex, like choosing not to attempt rape for fear of criminal consequence, or not wanting to have unprotected sex with an 80 year old obese crackwhore with HIV. The presence of any standard, however small, seems at least slightly voluntary.

"Volcels" supposedly have sex readily available, but turn it down through either willpower (overcoming a desire to pursue it) or a lack of interest due hyposexuality (apparently this term offends "asexuals"). But realistically: we can't prove a complete lack of subconscious sexual attraction, and in many cases people who "voluntarily" are celibate, don't need to make much of an effort to do that, so much as avoid the effort it normally takes to succeed in that marketplace.

It seems like both terms fail in describing complete people. They describe general ideas, but perhaps very situational labels that need to be put into a context? Has anyone proposed any alternate terms for describing those in a celibate state, describing some aspect other than voluntariness? I don't think willingness is as all-or-nothing as this dichotomy implies.

I know I'm celibate but I don't really feel welcome or understood in either community because of the extremism in definition and pickiness/exclusion. It's like you can't explore questions like "do I have neglible means due to lack of effort, or do I put in less effort because I lack means?" Causality like this has a circular input and it's like a chicken/egg scenario which doesn't fit well under labels like voluntary/involuntary which oversimplify the human experience.

I agree and let's talk about the progression in time.

When we are younger, we don't even appreciate these concepts. We simply go through puberty, we have whatever opportunities are available to us, and then pursue them. It's all very natural. I don't think there are very many volcels in puberty, teenage, or young adult years, unless you were specifically brought up in a tradition, like a religious tradition, that forbids sex.

But then what happens is either inceldom continues for a long time, or some life circumstances happens to you, or whatever it may be, and then you have prolonged inceldom. And then you may become volcel if you think on it and determine you want nothing to do with it (even if you were denied it in the first place), or if you did have it, but later decided it wasn't worthwhile. Like love which isn't reciprocated, or a divorce, or something like that.

Yeah, you can pass through these categories but the truest incel of all is one who continually wants and can never get it. If you resign yourself and pursue other things, you are transitioning to volcel.

i am vocel when it comes to 0/10 ugly fat and too masculine women. i mean it would be gay af to fuck them srs...

the incel and volcel dichotomy is incredibly low IQ for fake-smart idiots who think semantics means anything at all and are incapable of observing the actual trends in the incel community.

i am vocel when it comes to 0/10 ugly fat and too masculine women. i mean it would be gay af to fuck them srs...
Nice avi, JFL - he was more attractive in death than he was in life.

Retard level IQ.
Being incel means not being able to have sex in the way sex is concieved to be, aka have consensual intercourse with a fertile women.
Rape isn't that. An 80yo HIV infected hag isn't that. It's not about having standards, it's about having sex in the way it's meant to be.
Volcels don't turn sex down by willpower or lack of interest, roflmao. Volcels are just unaware of the fact that they could get pussy if they tried. Nothing more to it.
You're trying to make simple things complicated with your pseudointellectual gibberish.

incels dont get IOUs, simple as a that. if an incel was at any social environment it's unlikely in hundreds of years they would be approached by a female or be positively received by one

Not a helpful meme.

I don't think there are very many volcels in puberty, teenage, or young adult years, unless you were specifically brought up in a tradition, like a religious tradition, that forbids sex.
I wasn't brought up in a tradition like that, and I still didn't put much effort towards pursuing dating compared to other people. I think that made me at least partially volcel. There's a little bit of volcel even in normies who do date/fuck because they are still volcel in respect to those they don't pursue.

But then what happens is either inceldom continues for a long time, or some life circumstances happens to you, or whatever it may be, and then you have prolonged inceldom.
But is that inceldom only in respect to girls you would choose to fuck if they would have you? Or inceldom as some kind of universal "I'd put my dick inside a hairy obese 70 year old man's anus if I could" absolute which it's doubtful any significant fraction here would truly live up to?

And then you may become volcel if you think on it and determine you want nothing to do with it (even if you were denied it in the first place), or if you did have it, but later decided it wasn't worthwhile.
This goes to show that volceldom is also not absolute, since it can be derived from past experiences of incel, or an inherently incel atmosphere which shape you in that direction.

Yeah, you can pass through these categories but the truest incel of all is one who continually wants and can never get it. If you resign yourself and pursue other things, you are transitioning to volcel.
Arguably there is "no true incel". Wants WHAT? When people say "I can't get any" do they truly mean ANY in the broadest sense of the disgusting examples of orifices that exist in this world? Or do we mean in the broad sense of "this group to which I'm attracted"?

I think we don't artificially inflate our standards like people swimming in opportunity might, and the further broaden from empathy gained by our own suffering giving us better perspective and appreciation of personality.

But while we have a wider field of what we find acceptable compared to normies, for all of us the field must have some kind of border to it, and a no-man's-land beyond those borders which we have probably exhibited some volcel tendency toward.

You are then probably also volcel in regards to sexual opportunities with most other men?

the incel and volcel dichotomy is incredibly low IQ for fake-smart idiots who think semantics means anything at all and are incapable of observing the actual trends in the incel community.

Semantics are meaningful and useful. My capability for observing the trends is why I am able to identify a disconnect between the semantics and the reality.

better cel than cuck
I think this feeling is what held me back, to a large degree. Any temporary happiness I could gain from a relationship builds a risk of shattering sadness if I am cheated upon. Gaining a deep happiness from a relationship would I think require respect, placing importance in their opinion, and finding I respected and placed importance in someone who did not deserve it and did not actually value me would upset my image of my ability to assess others.

If I'm not confident I can predict a cheater and weed them out ahead of time, then how can I bother to gamble on them?

Retard level IQ.
Being incel means not being able to have sex in the way sex is concieved to be, aka have consensual intercourse with a fertile women.
This is an artificially narrow definition. Celibacy generally refers to all sex, there aren't exceptions for non-fertile women or for men.

Rape isn't that.
So you would refer to a serial rapist who never has consensual sex as celibate?

An 80yo HIV infected hag isn't that. It's not about having standards, it's about having sex in the way it's meant to be.
Your vague "the way it's meant to be" (meant by whom? Give a complete list of rules, see if everyone agrees) is an artificial addendum.

It's fine to have that concept but it deserves a prefix or an adjective to make a more detailed phrase.

Volcels don't turn sex down by willpower or lack of interest, roflmao. Volcels are just unaware of the fact that they could get pussy if they tried. Nothing more to it.
This sounds like oversimplifying a variety of situations that could be described as volcel.

You're trying to make simple things complicated with your pseudointellectual gibberish.
I've noticed a tendency of people to describe things with terms like pseudointellectual when they are actually recognizing how much sense it makes, but emotionally wish to reject that sense.

If you are able to provide working counterarguments, they serve as their own proof, and do not benefit from supplementary insults against the material they contradict. Insults are used in the ABSENCE of working counterarguments.

incels dont get IOUs, simple as a that. if an incel was at any social environment it's unlikely in hundreds of years they would be approached by a female or be positively received by one
I'm not sure what IOU is describing here, does it refer to something other than "I owe you" here?

I'm sure a decent portion of an incel community would be "positively received" if we had $2000 to buy a blowjob from a 70 year old HIV crack whore. Even those have some kind of "social environment" (crackden brothel)

Last edited: