Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Wrong thread

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
I was always interested in fish, especially since we prated ways from them billions of years ago on the evolutionary ladder. However, I lack the knowledge to discuss that topic atm.

I'd be interested in books on fish if you have any to recommend. Maybe after digesting them I could come back and offer my opinion.

Also, this thread is very meticulously written:
TWWnpGy

I was always interested in fish, especially since we prated ways from them billions of years ago on the evolutionary ladder. However, I lack the knowledge to discuss that topic atm.

I'd be interested in books on fish if you have any to recommend. Maybe after digesting them I could come back and offer my opinion.

Also, this thread is very meticulously written:
View attachment 422173
Thanks. My books are sadly all in German sadly (have only English books on snakes/other animals), most good websites were I learned stuff are also down. Especially the Raubfisch-Wiki (a german project for collecting all information about predatory fish) was my main source (spent hours on it as a teenager, was half a decade ago), also wetwebmedia was something I used frequently (mostly for information about moray eels and scorpion fish), monster fish keepers is a good forum for it (but also a ghost town sadly). My books about fish are very old books that I have got from my grand parents. Btw moved the thread on the Lounge, which is the suited forum part for it:
Any fishcels here? | Incels.co - Involuntary Celibate

Also there are some aquatic snakes (like Erpeton/Acrochordus/Homalopsis/Enhydris) which were kept in aquariums (there were good websites on them almost a decade ago), sadly all are now defunct.

And there are pipids which can be kept in aquariums (fully aquatic frogs, very interesting especially due to the Suriname toads which integrate the eggs into their back and then the young individuals emerge from their back). Also many of them are quite common while others like for example the Xenopus longipes - which is dodecaploid and has twelve copies of every chromosome- are endemic for small lakes (like the Lake Oku in that case) and highly threatened. They often have many copies of chromosomes due to coevolution with parasites (for example: we are diploid and have two copies of each chromosome, they have many more copies).

Here a video about suriname toads:
Baby Toads Born from Mom's Back | World's Weirdest - YouTube
Sadly they are very difficult to recognize on a species level and despite them being easily kept/bred in masses there are some out there that keep rarer animals (like Merlin's dwarf clawed frogs/Pseudhymenochirus). They are good laboratory animals too and were once used for pregnancy tests (many also said that the spread of diseases could be traced back to them). Also many other fully aquatic frogs.

There are some fully aquatic caudates which you can keep - like the Axolotl or the lesser known Patzcuaro salamander which only occurs in the Lake Patzcuaro and is a close relative of the Axolotl (many German keepers nowadays that help to preserve that animal.

And some interesting turtles like the Mata Mata too. And belostomatids/certain spiders too (but they are an entirely different genre again).

Last edited: