Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Would you have gone to college if your parents didnt force you to?

Would you have gone to college if your parents didn't force you to?

• Yes

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
Crustaciouse

Crustaciouse

Banned
-
Honestly if I had the choice I would have just stayed home and ldar, highschool sucked ass and I had absolutely no desire or plan for my future after highschool.
I had no desire to persue a career and if asked what I wanted to study I would say "whatever gets me the most money"
I didn't even want to go to college because I was sick of all those years of school and just wanted to be done with it, but my parents basically forced me to do it.
Would you have gone to college if your parents didn't force you to?

I enjoy schoolmaxxing

You assume that we/I went. No.

They didn't force me. I dropped out because my social anxiety and thoughts got the better of me.

I wish I was still in school. Working in the real world suuuuucks.

Uni is suicide fuel but at least it opens up avenues for betabux in the future and gives you something you can finally beat chad at (although he may still win by getting free answers)

Sadly I've always been average iq and my laziness prevented me from getting above average grades.

This is not bragging: I have always felt like I have the type of school ability to become a tenured professor, but I don't think I have the drive to do it.

I think the best cope is doing something you are good at... For me studycelling has been my calling, but for you maybe it is something else. Just feeling like you're competent at something can be great in a life where you're incompetent in the most important of things.

I never went to college, so clearly no.

This is not bragging: I have always felt like I have the type of school ability to become a tenured professor, but I don't think I have the drive to do it.

I think the best cope is doing something you are good at... For me studycelling has been my calling, but for you maybe it is something else. Just feeling like you're competent at something can be great in a life where you're incompetent in the most important of things.
The problem is our society is so closed up with allowing people to persue what they might actually enjoy in life as a career.
For many people including myself, our parents drank the "you can't get a good job without college" bullshit and forced us to persue the dreams that they wanted, not what we wanted.

I was going through some pictures the other day and holy shit I looked like a prepubescent 14 yo framecel social outcast. No wonder I had social anxiety, and still do. The picture was taken by my mom and dad when I unpacked in the dorm room. I was totally right to drop out after one year. I got so lonely my blood might as well have been yellow and not red.

I got kicked out of Uni for arguing with teachers. Could have learned everything I learned even about Evolutionary Biology and such online. Waste of time.

The problem is our society is so closed up with allowing people to persue what they might actually enjoy in life as a career.
For many people including myself, our parents drank the "you can't get a good job without college" bullshit and forced us to persue the dreams that they wanted, not what we wanted.

Well what did you want?

Uni is suicide fuel but at least it opens up avenues for betabux in the future and gives you something you can finally beat chad at (although he may still win by getting free answers)
Sadly I still see tons of chads that didn't go to college succeed way beyond me.
One Chad relative of mine opened up 3 pizza restaurants and has plans to open up more, while I waste my youth racking up thousands in college dept.

i dropped out. i feel it was the right choice. my parents didn't really care either way because neither of them went either

College is a meme.
If you work you lose.
Collect neetbux instead.

I got kicked out of Uni for arguing with teachers. Could have learned everything I learned even about Evolutionary Biology and such online. Waste of time.
Not surprising. I know someone online who went, and they pretty much confirm it's a huge echo chamber.

Sadly I still see tons of chads that didn't go to college succeed way beyond me.
One Chad relative of mine opened up 3 pizza restaurants and has plans to open up more, while I waste my youth racking up thousands in college dept.
I meant academics not success. Its a given that dumb as rocks chads will always make more money than you using halo effect to ace interviews and accrue easy promotions and raises but, if they are too honorable to cheat, you can at least get higher grades.

Well what did you want?
I don't even know what I want, at times I thought about becoming a millionaire business man like many of my idols but I eventually realized it's a stupid dream that I could never realize. And now I'm on track to become a wageslave for some boss that I wish i could have become.

Not surprising. I know someone online who went, and they pretty much confirm it's a huge echo chamber.
Almost the entirety of Academia is at this point, it's a shame really.

I don't even know what I want, at times I thought about becoming a millionaire business man like many of my idols but I eventually realized it's a stupid dream that I could never realize. And now I'm on track to become a wageslave for some boss that I wish i could have become.

Being an entrepreneur is very difficult if you don't have any concrete plans to succeed with. It's not impossible, but you need good ideas... game changing ideas.

They didnt force or even encourage me so i didnt go

I think going to college has to be motivated by your own desires, I knew since I was 8 that I wanted to get into robotics, and now that I'm in robotics I'm really enjoying it, hell, might even finish the masters if my depression allows it.

my parents told me not to study the subjects at school needed for college because i wasnt smart enuf for it, funnily enough at how bad it sounds, they were right, my dumbness + add on my laziness i dont think i woulda coped. even if im stuck in my shitty retail job, it pays the bills.

my parents told me not to study the subjects at school needed for college because i wasnt smart enuf for it, funnily enough at how bad it sounds, they were right, my dumbness + add on my laziness i dont think i woulda coped. even if im stuck in my shitty retail job, it pays the bills.
It was definitely a good idea, you saved yourself tens of thousands of student loan dept.

true but now my "career" options are fucked
Why the fuck are You working retail? Go work in construction, the wage will be way higher, and you don't have to deal with asshole shoppers.
And you can always go to a cheap trade school and become a plumber, electrition, or other job that doesn't take a high IQ to get.

Why the fuck are You working retail? Go work in construction, the wage will be way higher, and you don't have to deal with asshole shoppers.
And you can always go to a cheap trade school and become a plumber, electrition, or other job that doesn't take a high IQ to get.
lol @ me in construction work.

my parents didn't force me. They didn't give me much guidance at all in life tbh