Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Would it be weird for normies that I was playing pokemon? (grown ass man in his late 20s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
So I was playing pokemon in class cause who the fuck cares about this shitty degree. A dude saw me and he was like "... you play Pokemon?". And I said "yeah" and went back to playing.

Anyway, I thought no one would know what it was. I played games in class before. But Pokemon has a different conotation around here, it's a kid's game, it's for toddlers.

It's not like I had a good reputation in this group or anything, but people took me somewhat seriously cause I kept pretending I know what the hell I'm talking about and improvising shit when professors ask questions. Guess that's over.

Yes, you will be immediately outted for even more ostracism

Yes, you will be immediately outted for even more ostracism
Ohh well, it is what it is. It's not like I didn't already actively hate every single one of them.

Before VGC, it's likely people thought Pokémon battles were jus about spamming attacks, minimal strategy

Before VGC, it's likely people thought Pokémon battles were jus about spamming attacks, minimal strategy
The game's inherent difficulty doesn't encourage strategy. Hell, you can beat the elite four with an incomplete roster, you can probably do it with 2 or 3 pokemon. But people love the franchise so much they invented their own difficulties.

Too bad Game Freak barely puts any effort into their games, just making the same shit over and over. Tbh I remember being really obsessed with pokemon fan games for a quite a long time, finding even very obscure stuff. Pokemon Crater, Delugerpg, an egg breeding game and ultra niche stuff like
Pokemon Simulator 4.5 which is a small game that has maybe 10k downloads in 15 years.

playing pokemon is :chad:

No, as incel you got nothing to lose.

Money doesnt matters cuz you are going to rope anyways.

Mirin your low inhib tbh

I though Pokemon reached normie status now, with the Pokemon Go craze and all.

You're a few years late.
It was considered cool and hype to play go.
Even if you were good looking enough, they wouldn't care and try to talk you about it.

The game's inherent difficulty doesn't encourage strategy. Hell, you can beat the elite four with an incomplete roster, you can probably do it with 2 or 3 pokemon. But people love the franchise so much they invented their own difficulties.

Too bad Game Freak barely puts any effort into their games, just making the same shit over and over. Tbh I remember being really obsessed with pokemon fan games for a quite a long time, finding even very obscure stuff. Pokemon Crater, Delugerpg, an egg breeding game and ultra niche stuff like
Pokemon Simulator 4.5 which is a small game that has maybe 10k downloads in 15 years.
The main line of games is just to get people hooked on the universe of Pokémon, the real content comes in the spin-off games like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Ranger.

Run away, fugitive pewpew.

The main line of games is just to get people hooked on the universe of Pokémon, the real content comes in the spin-off games like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Ranger.

Run away, fugitive pewpew.

I tried Mystery dungeon once, but I hated the controls on the emulator on PC, even remapped it felt like shit. Might try it on mobile then.

I tried Mystery dungeon once, but I hated the controls on the emulator on PC, even remapped it felt like shit. Might try it on mobile then.
DS or 3DS experience is the only way to play, they're pretty damn cheap nowadays.

Advice: play explorers of the sky first pewpew.

I liked to watch 6v6 wifi battles, really hope there comes a day we have gym leaders/elite four who switch out their pokmn

It's only weird when an incel plays it.

For normies yes

The fact that you didn’t think playing Pokémon in college would make normies question you is telling