Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Wikipedia Co Founder: "I no longer trust the website I created"

blackraven

blackraven

Enlightened Hermit
★★★★★
About half a year ago I watched the Moon documentary about reddit, and how it was doomed from very beginning, since their founder, besides being fat, embodies every single reddit mod stereotype, I began to wonder whether how Wikipedia creators feels about current trajectory of their website. Surprisingly enough one of the co-founders is fully aware of how screwed wikipedia editor system is, but isn't able/cannot think how/ doesn't care enough to fix it

This battle of ideas on Wikipedia’s platform formed a crucial part of the encyclopaedia’s commitment to neutrality, which according to Sanger, was abandoned after 2009. In the years since, on issues ranging from Covid to Joe Biden, it has become increasingly partisan, primarily espousing an establishment viewpoint that increasingly represents “propaganda”. This, says Sanger, is why he left the site in 2007, describing it as “broken beyond repair”.

On Wikipedia’s Left-wing bias:

You can’t cite the Daily Mail at all. You can’t cite Fox News on socio-political issues either. It’s banned. So what does that mean? It means that if a controversy does not appear in the mainstream centre-Left media, then it’s not going to appear on Wikipedia.

- LARRY SANGER, UNHERD
On Covid:

If you look at the articles that Wikipedia has, you can just see how they are simply mouthing the view of the World Economic Council or World Economic Forum, and the World Health Organisation, the CDC and various other establishment mouthpieces like Fauci — they take their cues from them…There’s a global enforcement of a certain point of view, which is amazing to me amazing to a libertarian, or a liberty-loving conservative.

- LARRY SANGER, UNHERD
In what ways other than politics does that establishment view come across?

Eastern medicine is basically called quackery in dismissive, quite judgmental, language and so forth. It’s done, apparently without any compunctions at all. Then when it comes to Christianity, the viewpoint on Christianity given is the liberal one that would be found in mainline denominations and liberal Catholicism as opposed to the actual Bible-believing fundamentalist type viewpoint.

- LARRY SANGER, UNHERD
How Wikipedia entries are distorted:

There are companies like Wiki PR, where paid writers and editors will go in and change articles. Maybe there’s some way to make such a system work, but not if the players who are involved and who are being paid are not identified by name — they actually are supposed to be identified by name and say ‘we represent this firm’ if they are officially registered with some sort of Wikipedia editing firm. But they don’t have to do that.

- LARRY SANGER, UNHERD
Why is it happening?

Because there is a lot of influence. Wikipedia is known now by everyone to have a lot of influence in the world. So there’s a very big, nasty, complex game being played behind the scenes to make the article say what somebody wants them to say.

- LARRY SANGER, UNHERD
On the takeover of Big Tech

We trusted outlets like Facebook and Twitter and YouTube with our data, and allowed them essentially to take over the media world. What we trusted them with was our liberty and our privacy, that basically that they weren’t going to shut us down. But they stabbed us in the back, essentially.

- LARRY SANGER, UNHERD
Why is neutrality important?

You want the tools to think about an issue…When we are trying to get some basic information in understanding a topic, we do not want to be led by the nose, right? We are free individuals who want to make up our own minds.

- LARRY SANGER, UNHERD

Last edited:
wikipedia has become a left wing shithole

though I still do read some history articles there

@Stupid Clown insert who could it be now video

Its being replaced by Chatgpt though it is has all ready being corrupted in its answers to suit what society wants.

his daughter became a whore

C06224E0 1AC8 4678 B0D5 FEE88E00F14C

Over for Wikipediacels

Its being replaced by Chatgpt though it is has all ready being corrupted in its answers to suit what jew programmers want

Wikipedia uses the preferred pronoun of trannies and used opinion pieces as sources for the article on incels. I’m as likely to donate to Wikipedia as I am to a domestic violence charity

wikipedia has been fucked for a long time but is now becoming bolder with its hot-pocket-paid editors biases.

A tough project from the get go.

In the early days I amused myself with doing graffiti on it, giving obscure Scottish writers bizarre deaths in the Congo etc.

I always said, of Wikipedia, I prefer my sources peer-reviewed.

Years later, however, many good grad students contributed and policed the content and it started to get some of that quality in many places.

I can’t help but think that was a serendipitous time that couldn’t last forever. And here we are.

I recommend donating to the Internet Archive instead if you have to choose … a valiant effort that will be worth it down the line even more than now.

Everything in this world is controlled by Jews and Israel.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. As soon as people found out Wikipedia was the go to source for knowledge, it was inevitable that biased people would use that to their advantage. The website is owned by soys who in turn will ban editors who go against their ideology. As a result, many controversial topics have nothing but only one side presenting facts and sourcing only their arguments while ignoring any counters. It’s absolutely insane. Just look at the incels Wikipedia page. Crusaders have also taken to Wikipedia to try and re-write history surrounding Russia given recent events.

It’s honestly a shame, but Wikipedia is no longer an impartial source of facts. For anything controversial, I don’t even go to the wiki. Even for small things I end up double checking on multiple sites using Brave. The sad thing is most normies will never learn. They’ll just keep using Wikipedia as Google will keep recommending it. What a scary world we live in.

Here’s a blog post of Sanger’s: https://larrysanger.org/2020/05/wikipedia-is-badly-biased/

The lies about Jesus Christ were my tipping point. These people are straight up lying and claiming to get “evidence” from linked sources that isn’t there. Nothing is done to clean this up even when you report it. It’s clear they have an agenda that even goes against modern historical consensus.

wikipedia has become a left wing shithole
What hasn't? Nearly everything in the mainstream is infected with left-wing propaganda. It's globohomo all the way up.

Weren't there 3 reddit founders, and one of them supported free speech so now they act like he never existed
yes, in the documentary there are 3 minutes dedicated to that topic

Weren't there 3 reddit founders, and one of them supported free speech so now they act like he never existed
That one ended up killing himself.