Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why you shouldn't kill yourself / waste too much time on suicidal ideation

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
I won't give usual bullshit normie lines about this. Yes, being ugly sucks - it's a terrible blow, comparable to a serious chronic disease in terms of reduction of quality of life. It makes a lot of things harder, and love/sex nigh impossible. People instinctively know this, that's why every parent hopes his child will be beautiful (and becomes delusional when it's not the case).

That being said:

1) Killing yourself is a lot harder than what people imagine, because survival instincts kick in with extreme force when your limbic system realizes it's going to perish, and they cause an involuntary emergency/escape response (similar to involuntary breathing after holding your breath too long) associated with feel-good neurotransmitter release to make you optimistic again. Evolution is not that dumb, genes don't like being tricked in such a way.

That's why successful suicides have all been impulsive and instantaneous (eg gunshot) or done under altered states of consciousness.

The most likely scenario is that you will setup a date for your suicide (eg birthday) and keep postponing it each time because "reasons" that will seem perfectly valid due to increased feel-good neurotransmitters. Then you're 25 and you realize you should have learned a programming language or passed a degree instead of planning suicides.

2) If the lack of love / sex is what worries you the most, yeah you won't get your high school oneitises, but you could still get women through other routes: sexpatting, famemaxxing, sugarmaxxing, etc.

3) Your mental state is negatively warped by a mood disorder. Medication / electroshocks can help.

4) There are quality non-sexual copes out there.

5) If you can't tolerate being ugly, plastic surgery can help down the line.

6) Suicide is a very serious sin in all mainstream religions.

7) Evidence suggests that technological progress has not stopped but is actually accelerating. Lots of quality copes coming, such as full-immersion VR, high-tech plastic surgery, rejuvenation pills, and even the perspective of leaving behind your earthly carcass for a cyborg body.

why sui when you can get high. In other words just cope tbh. Im sure life is much worse for some ppl

I won't give usual bullshit normie lines about this. Yes, being ugly sucks - it's a terrible blow, comparable to a serious chronic disease in terms of reduction of quality of life. It makes a lot of things harder, and love/sex nigh impossible. People instinctively know this, that's why every parent hopes his child will be beautiful (and becomes delusional when it's not the case).

That being said:

1) Killing yourself is a lot harder than what people imagine, because survival instincts kick in with extreme force when your limbic system realizes it's going to perish, and they cause an involuntary emergency/escape response (similar to involuntary breathing after holding your breath too long) associated with feel-good neurotransmitter release to make you optimistic again. Evolution is not that dumb, genes don't like being tricked in such a way.

That's why successful suicides have all been impulsive and instantaneous (eg gunshot) or done under altered states of consciousness.

The most likely scenario is that you will setup a date for your suicide (eg birthday) and keep postponing it each time because "reasons" that will seem perfectly valid due to increased feel-good neurotransmitters. Then you're 25 and you realize you should have learned a programming language or passed a degree instead of planning suicides.

2) If the lack of love / sex is what worries you the most, yeah you won't get your high school oneitises, but you could still get women through other routes: sexpatting, famemaxxing, sugarmaxxing, etc.

3) Your mental state is negatively warped by a mood disorder. Medication / electroshocks can help.

7) Evidence suggests that technological progress has not stopped but is actually accelerating. Lots of quality copes coming, such as full-immersion VR, high-tech plastic surgery, rejuvenation pills, and even the perspective of leaving behind your earthly carcass for a cyborg body.

I must say some users in this forum really intelligent fellows.

Fontaine-tier IQ

NEVER encourage incel suicide.

Everytime an incel suis, (((they))) and the foid scum wins.

I have never wanted to die from the typical "depression" in fact I have come to accept my shitty genetics, the olny reason I want to die is because there is objectively no point to living, there are good copes but what's the point of coping for years and years until your body shuts down on its own? The olny reason anyone is alive is because they are either idiots who managed to convince themselves to live because of some mega cope (ex. Life is amazing and we all have a purpose or some religion) other people who are slightly less stupid copers live because they enjoy there lives and have small things to look forward to so they stick around because they cant be certain death is truely "better" the living as a human, the last broad group of people alive are pussies who are scared of death and have convinced themselves to live because they dont have the will to get it over with.
Most incels fall under the secound 2 categories.

I have never wanted to die from the typical "depression" in fact I have come to accept my shitty genetics, the olny reason I want to die is because there is objectively no point to living, there are good copes but what's the point of coping for years and years until your body shuts down on its own?
Transhumanmaxxing / singularitymaxxing is a good Lifefuel when you're an atheist.

all of what you said basically bouls down to
>tldr: it gets better

But heres the thing-- It NEVER gets better. your situation only gets worse with age and time. it may only "feel" better because the first time you get shit on is definitely a lot more shocking than the 100th time so you get accustomed to feeling like shit and one day you think, "oh hey! this isnt so bad anymore" when the reality is you are way worse off now than you were 5 years ago

anyone who discourages people from suicide isnt a truecel

Would you of held these views 6 months back, before your brain magnet therapy thing?

Re-read my post bro, I've never claimed this except perhaps at point 7).

My post summarized:

- Ugliness is terrible
- Your life is terrible and will stay terrible
- Copes exist
- Technology is a source of hope that you would be dumb to dismiss / deride entirely

I have no reason to kill myself because i will die anyway and any pain i dull with copes.

Would you of held these views 6 months back, before your brain magnet therapy thing?
Yes, I've been coping though the singularity / fear of hell for years.

But heres the thing-- It NEVER gets better. your situation only gets worse with age and time. it may only "feel" better because the first time you get shit on is definitely a lot more shocking than the 100th time so you get accustomed to feeling like shit and one day you think, "oh hey! this isnt so bad anymore" when the reality is you are way worse off now than you were 5 years ago

anyone who discourages people from suicide isnt a truecel
It is undeniable that there are plenty of things you could waste your life away doing rather than killing yourself because you will die anyway and there are no guarantees you'll live again so cope till death.
Yes, I've been coping though the singularity / fear of hell for years.
I do not believe in the existence of such a place but i agree with you on suicide being pointless and not really something anyone should do, death by drug overdose or complications due to overeating are much more dignified in that regard, drugging or binge eating count as copes.

Last edited:
Lots of quality copes coming, such as full-immersion VR, high-tech plastic surgery, rejuvenation pills, and even the perspective of leaving behind your earthly carcass for a cyborg body.

This is legit the only thing keeping me from killing myself. I can't express in words just how badly I want fully-immersive VR and a sentient AI waifu. Its something I think about literally everyday.

You ain't wrong. I've already wasted two or three years of my life 'planning suicides', and done irreversible damage to my mind, body and life, in that time, under the pretense 'I'll be dead soon anyway so it won't matter'. :feelsbadman:
Although, I suppose the more time you spend in a devastating state of false suicidal ideation, the worse things are likely to get for you, and the more likely you are to legitimately run out of options and be forced into suicide for real.

This is legit the only thing keeping me from killing myself. I can't express in words just how badly I want fully-immersive VR and a sentient AI waifu. Its something I think about literally everyday.
Do you really believe AGI is coming soon, though? According to Musk, it's less than 5 years away... Guy's even more optimistic than uncle Ray if that's possible. Assuming it can be reached by bruteforcing neural networks, it's possible - not if it requires a higher theoretical level or biological retroengineering.

How old are you, Fontaine?

Also, change this to [Lifefuel]

Do you really believe AGI is coming soon, though? According to Musk, it's less than 5 years away... Guy's even more optimistic than uncle Ray if that's possible.

Define "soon"

Next 10 years soon? LOL no.

20 years? Almost certainly not.

30-40 years (which still COULD be within my lifetime if I'm really lucky)? That's somewhat possible.

I'll be a 71 year old man living in fully immersive VR looking like this:

......please don't shit on my cope. It's all that I have. :feelsrope:

Define "soon"

Next 10 years soon? LOL no.

20 years? Almost certainly not.

30-40 years (which still COULD be within my lifetime if I'm really lucky)? That's somewhat possible.

I'll be a 71 year old man living in fully immersive VR looking like this:

......please don't shit on my cope. It's all that I have. :feelsrope:
I won't shit on your cope because I have more or less the same - I'm obsessed with AI and read everything I can on the topic. I don't really fantasize on virtual LARPs and more on the general idea of a new evolutionary ladder rung in earth history.

However I find you a bit pessimistic (your estimates are the estimates given by AI experts before the 2014-2018 unexpected advances.) Now there's been a surge of optimism, it's actually theoretically feasible to bruteforce an AGI algorithm by throwing enormous computing power at neural nets and adversarial networks. (Our brain was created by evolutionary bruteforcing after all). Musk reportedly gave his famous warning after seeing the pace of progress in the AI startups he's invested in. Given that he has a computer scientist background, you would expect he knows what he's talking about.

The problem with this is that the graphics improve, but as the culture declines, the games do not seem fun anymore. Old games are great. By the time VR is around, games will be so ADHD-ezmode that there will be no point in playing unless you want to get your hand held and given a trophy or go through a 3 hour-long tutorial before you can even play (normie games are... actually like this now - I will post a pertinent link below).

The rest of what you say is great though. Just make sure the government does not have the right to 1. hack your consciousness or 2. allow you to feel anything against your will. How? How can we ensure this? Who fucking knows, I suck with tech, but you don't want the government being able to control how you feel or it will be 'obey or be tortured faggot' for all eternity, with you never being able to die. 'Imagine a boot stomping on a human face, forever.'

Anyways, here's the link about how old games were insanely good.

Last edited:
what if I start attempting suicide and failing to trick my brain into making me feel happy, is that based because I'm making my life better?

Last one is the best cope.

If You can successfully Suicide, You save yourself a lot of future pain just within seconds or a minute, but the act is difficult.

Also If You get anxious about The future you can plan the end within like a year or so (If You set a rope date) it can motivate you to live life more in the moment
And not worry too much
I think this differs from People ofc

If You can successfully Suicide, You save yourself a lot of future pain
This "pain" is largely imaginary and caused by a bad neurotransmitter environment.

Assuming it can be reached by bruteforcing neural networks
So bad what its a cope. Neural networks on modern computers work with 1's and 0's in the end of a day but if you'll think good enougth you'll understand what where is no way to explain abstract things to modern computer, no matter how powerfull it is. Its fundamental problem, unbreakable by simple increasing of computer's capabilities. And without understanding of abstract things no AI possible.

But quantum computers can solve this problem in the future probably.

Also quantum computers will destroy modern cryptography so FBI will crack all TOR traffic they accumulated and will throw you in a prison for uploading cp in 2008. Yeah future.

Last edited:
If you're gonna cope with programming you may as well learn how to hack and use those abilities to fuck with normies through defrauding, getting access to their private messages and photos (possible nudes), identity theft and just fucking with their lives in general. Depending on how good you become at the craft and how intelligent you are, you can literally destroy someones reputation with ease since social media and technology has such a large influence in life and the corporate sphere.

It takes a ridicolous amount of persistence and skill to get to that level though, probably 5 - 10 years of consistent effort, but it's well worth it since it can enhance your career and technical skills if you choose to be a software engineer.

Or you could just LDAR while miserably coping with drugs and vidya which is the easier path but the least rewarding.

Killing yourself is an agression against your parents

you'll understand what where is no way to explain abstract things to modern computer, no matter how powerfull it is. Its fundamental problem, unbreakable by simple increasing of computer's capabilities. And without understanding of abstract things no AI possible.
Also known as Searle's Chinese room argument... For all pratical purposes it does not matter. For instance it does not matter if a computer "understands" on a deep level what a missile is and how to control it in flight; it can still do it. The same for nearly any human activity you can think of, except perhaps philosophy and psychology.

I needed this thread today... thanks based @Fontaine

NEVER encourage incel suicide.

Everytime an incel suis, (((they))) and the foid scum wins.

Also this is probably one of my biggest copes in all honesty. I know that if I off myself, I'm just letting Chads and Staceys win. If I continue to exist, in some ways I'll be pissing them off... so that's a good reason for me to keep going IMO.

Just don't kill yourself theory.

Just don't kill yourself theory.
I think killing yourself can sometimes make sense, outside of a religious viewpoint where suicide is always wrong.

> Inevitable imminent death in worse conditions (you're going to be executed / you have an incurable disease)
> You're very ugly and autistic, have completely failed your life, can't depend on neetbucks to live, and were born too early to envision the possibility of a technological explosion in your lifetime. [Unfortunately, such a fate has met many men born too late to believe in God, and too early to believe in the Singularity. Chronology is extremely cruel.]

Last edited:
can’t wait for full immersion VR going to fuck lolis all day

That being said:

:feelswow:duuuuuuude I always wondered why my fucking biology won't allow me to give up and just die, thanks alot

Is this... the first good, legit post from Fontaine?

Also known as Searle's Chinese room argument... For all pratical purposes it does not matter. For instance it does not matter if a computer "understands" on a deep level what a missile is and how to control it in flight; it can still do it. The same for nearly any human activity you can think of, except perhaps philosophy and psychology.
Imagine your understanding of abstract idea of "cup" for example. Can you put it in fixed digital boundaries? Actualy you cant, cuz no matter how much data computer has about it (it may be shape, size, some feautures) you can always imagine some cup outside this boundaries, like 4-meters high cup is still a cup, but robot will not understand what. Its just a simple example of existing objects. How about true abstract ideas? Time, speed, etc.

You can say that it is irrelevant for everyday needs, but its not. Its important cuz in your everyday activity, even if you are retarded 70-IQ and less Forrest Gamp, you still using your abstract thinking a lot. "Take a bottle of beer from a icebox and bring it here" is an anormous task for modern robot if its not purposely constructed for this precise refrigirator in this precise house. Anything goes slightly wrong - trained dog can handle it but modern robot will fail cuz "wtf dude i dont see any bottle" (cuz it stands behind small pocket of milk, and robot cant inderstand abstract idea "something behind something, so its partly invisible but still here"

Not to mention the techniques to kill yourself usually fails, unless by a gun, I've learned the hard way.

There are quality non-sexual copes out there
Suicide is a very serious sin in all mainstream religions.
Crazy people seen inside night clubs 640 53
Francisco Domingo Joaquim 1
MAssive cuck 2
MAssive cuck 2
MAssive cuck 2
MAssive cuck 2
MAssive cuck 2
Francisco Domingo Joaquim 1
MAssive cuck 2
MAssive cuck 2
MAssive cuck 2
MAssive cuck 2

That being said:

1) Only if you chose a bad suicide method.

2) Thats very very unlikely for most of us.

3) Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe help is not even needed.

4) Like... sex dolls?

5) Thats true.

6) So...?

7) Also true. Well, not the sci-fi stuff (rejuvenation pills wtf are u serious?) but there will be way more and better copes for incels in the future (futuristic sex dolls)

Not promoting suicide, just saying that I only find 2 of your reasons convincing. But thanks for the help.
If you're gonna cope with programming you may as well learn how to hack and use those abilities to fuck with normies through defrauding, getting access to their private messages and photos (possible nudes), identity theft and just fucking with their lives in general. Depending on how good you become at the craft and how intelligent you are, you can literally destroy someones reputation with ease since social media and technology has such a large influence in life and the corporate sphere.

It takes a ridicolous amount of persistence and skill to get to that level though, probably 5 - 10 years of consistent effort, but it's well worth it since it can enhance your career and technical skills if you choose to be a software engineer.

Or you could just LDAR while miserably coping with drugs and vidya which is the easier path but the least rewarding.

Exactly :feelsokman::feelsbadman:

8) Don't kill yourself,there are othER ways to die

Yeah. I'm completely indifferent to the prospect of death. I'm not fearful of it, in fact I think I fear life, and all that life entails, more than death at this point.

Once you reject society you will find your own meaning of life