Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Why you should not care about what others think

totalcel

totalcel

Self-banned
-
The anxieties of all of us, our worries, vexations, bothers, troubles, fears, exertions, and so on, are really concerned with someone else's opinion, perhaps in the majority of cases. In everything we do or omit to do, almost the first thing we consider is the opinion of other people and, if we examine the matter more closely, we shall see that almost half the worries and anxieties we have ever experienced have arisen from our concern about it.

Now it is obvious that our happiness, resting as it does mainly on peace of mind and contentment, could scarcely be better promoted than by limiting and moderating these motives to reasonable proportions that would possibly be a fiftieth of what they are at present, and thus by extracting from our flesh this thorn that is always causing us pain. Yet this is very difficult, for we are concerned with a natural and innate perversity.

The only way to be rid of this universal folly is clearly to recognize it as such and for this purpose to realize how utterly false, perverse, erroneous, and absurd most of the opinions usually are in men's minds, which are, therefore, in themselves not worth considering. Moreover, other people's opinions can in most cases and things have little real influence on us.

Again, such opinions generally are so unfavourable that almost everyone would worry himself to death if he heard all that was said about him or the tone in which people spoke of him. If we succeeded in such a conversion from this universal folly, the result would be an incredibly great increase in our peace of mind and cheerfulness, likewise a firmer and more positive demeanour, and generally a more natural and unaffected attitude. Whoever attaches much value to the opinions of others pays them too much honour.

Those are some long-ass sentences.

I already don't care what anyone thinks. I just want to have intercourse with a woman.

You have nice style in writing. Too bad I'm too retarded to grasp much of it.

This is good advice. Sometimes we make enormous problems for ourselves just by thinking about things too much. Some of the happiest people are those who have zero capacity for introspection. It's an enviable thing, just to live life on autopilot without worry too much about anything. Those of us who tend to overthink things are encouraged to say "what the fuck" to themselves occasionally, and stop worrying even if it's just for a couple of minutes.

The anxieties of all of us, our worries, vexations, bothers, troubles, fears, exertions, and so on, are really concerned with someone else's opinion, perhaps in the majority of cases. In everything we do or omit to do, almost the first thing we consider is the opinion of other people and, if we examine the matter more closely, we shall see that almost half the worries and anxieties we have ever experienced have arisen from our concern about it.

Now it is obvious that our happiness, resting as it does mainly on peace of mind and contentment, could scarcely be better promoted than by limiting and moderating these motives to reasonable proportions that would possibly be a fiftieth of what they are at present, and thus by extracting from our flesh this thorn that is always causing us pain. Yet this is very difficult, for we are concerned with a natural and innate perversity.

The only way to be rid of this universal folly is clearly to recognize it as such and for this purpose to realize how utterly false, perverse, erroneous, and absurd most of the opinions usually are in men's minds, which are, therefore, in themselves not worth considering. Moreover, other people's opinions can in most cases and things have little real influence on us.

Again, such opinions generally are so unfavourable that almost everyone would worry himself to death if he heard all that was said about him or the tone in which people spoke of him. If we succeeded in such a conversion from this universal folly, the result would be an incredibly great increase in our peace of mind and cheerfulness, likewise a firmer and more positive demeanour, and generally a more natural and unaffected attitude. Whoever attaches much value to the opinions of others pays them too much honour.
high iq
consider one thing, the opinion of others is predecated on their ability to understand what they are seeing and their intelligence to ascertain the value of something.

Have you seen what normans value and their intelligence and spoken to them, when this is considered normans effect on me goes to zero, as their behaviour and decisions screams to me they dont have the ability and intellect to process and compute the value of almost anything properly, ergo they cant correctly assess me and value what i am worth, and their assessment is worth jack shit.

You have nice style in writing. Too bad I'm too retarded to grasp much of it.
TLDR normans are too stupid to accurately value anything including you
ergo their judgement of you is worth jack shit